Can't boot Mountian Lion installer... I'm sure the solution will be simple.

Best Answer PimentelX86, 10 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Hello

Your mobo isn't UEFI, is normal Bios...

Boot with 1 while cursor is blinking for Change bootloader... change for Chameleon.

boot with: -v cpus=1

Note: You have InsydeBios, so you need everytime boot with cpus=1, no problems about this, in future won't be necessary boot with this anynore

Your bios is very limited, so do what i said... try remove all Nvidia kexts to force use Intel graphic.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

V3-571G

V3-571G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi,

I'm trying to boot Mac OS X Mountain Lion on my Acer V3-571G (Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia GeForce GT 640M 2GB + Intel HD4000, 8GB RAM), but i am unable to reach the installer.

When i boot the USB in UEFI mode, i get the Clover bootloader and click enter to boot Mac OS X from the USB drive. Then it comes up with loads of scrolling white text on a black background, before going onto a solid black screen with the backlight turned completely off.

The text which appears on the screen is pictured below. I am hoping that someone who knows a little more about Mac may be able to tell me what this means and how to get past this to the installer.

Thanks in advance. :)

ZVR9TXC.jpg

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,685 posts

Hello

You need disable GT640M in Bios and only use HD4000 as graphic, because optimus technology isn't support in OSX

Also Configure your Bios: http://olarila.com/f....php?f=2&t=1804

Remember: You can use UEFI mode or leacy_boot...

V3-571G

V3-571G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hello

You need disable GT640M in Bios and only use HD4000 as graphic, because optimus technology isn't support in OSX

Also Configure your Bios: http://olarila.com/f....php?f=2&t=1804

Remember: You can use UEFI mode or leacy_boot...

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I have checked out the link you posted, but the majority of the BIOS options listed in that thread aren't available in mine. I don't have a 'HPET mode' selection or a 'Limit maximum CPUID' option... 

I guess in that case i should just assume everything is okay and proceed with the installation procedure?

Also, you said i needed to disable the Nvidia 640M because the Optimus technology isn't supported in OS X, but how would i do this? 

Thanks again.

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,685 posts

Hello

Of course... i don't have all these options too.

Yes... you need disable it in Bios, you need change display mode to something diferent... but can't be PCI(Dedicated graphic)... each Bios is diferent so... you need find this option alone.

After do this... have the question: You want use Chameleon(more easy)or Clover?

V3-571G

V3-571G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hello

Of course... i don't have all these options too.

Yes... you need disable it in Bios, you need change display mode to something diferent... but can't be PCI(Dedicated graphic)... each Bios is diferent so... you need find this option alone.

After do this... have the question: You want use Chameleon(more easy)or Clover?

Hi,

I don't think any option to disable graphics is available in my BIOS, it is very restricted and there is limited stuff you can actually do with it.

I was wondering whether 'GraphicsInjector=No' would work if i added it to the Clover config?

It says on the Clover website that i would need to add this to my config file under EFI ---> CLOVER, but i am not sure how to do it.

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>GraphicsInjector</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>

Assuming this would work, how would i put these lines into my config file, which i have pasted below?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>-v npci=0x2000</string>
</dict>
<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>iclover</string>
<key>Custom</key>
<dict>
<key>Entries</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Path</key>
<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi</string>
<key>Hidden</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Many thanks.

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,685 posts

Hello

Look, what graphic injector you want use? You cannot use Nvidia graphic....

If you don't have how disable it in Bios, try remove all Nvidia Graphic...

All kext begin with NVD(Nvidia)remove all them... NVDANV50Hal, NVDGF100Hal...

Other thing... your mobo has UEFI? Did you install Clover in UEFI mode?

V3-571G

V3-571G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hello

Look, what graphic injector you want use? You cannot use Nvidia graphic....

If you don't have how disable it in Bios, try remove all Nvidia Graphic...

All kext begin with NVD(Nvidia)remove all them... NVDANV50Hal, NVDGF100Hal...

Other thing... your mobo has UEFI? Did you install Clover in UEFI mode?

Hi,

When i said about the graphic injector, i meant i wanted to set it to 'No', so it didn't attempt to use Nvidia graphics upon boot... That seems to be what other people have done, unless i am misunderstanding the threads i am reading on the Internet.

The problem is, i am completely new to Mac, so i don't really understand what i am talking about.

The Clover bootloader came pre-installed with the version of Mac i downloaded for Intel PC's.

Not sure what to do now?

V3-571G

V3-571G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi again,

Here are the options i have in the BIOS, as you can see, there is no option to disable graphics here:

jQqi0xj.jpg

u1W28OG.jpg

QXfo7BO.jpg

wbbjHVx.jpg

nIHUbkc.jpg

Please help...

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,685 posts

Best Answer

Hello

Boot with 1 while cursor is blinking for Change bootloader... change for Chameleon.

Note: You have InsydeBios, so you need everytime boot with cpus=1, no problems about this, in future won't be necessary boot with this anynore

Your bios is very limited, so do what i said... try remove all Nvidia kexts to force use Intel graphic.

V3-571G

V3-571G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hello

Hi,

Remembering what you said earlier about Mac working in Legacy as well as UEFI, i tried booting in Legacy boot mode instead...

When booting in UEFI, Clover appeared instantly and there was no blinking cursor like you described. It was impossible to press the number 1 because there simply wasn't enough time between the BIOS disappearing and Clover coming up.

But when booting in Legacy, the cursor appeared straight after the BIOS screen and i was able to get into Chameleon by pressing 1.

I typed the boot flag that you suggested and pressed enter, and amazingly it worked! After a lot of scrolling text it finally reached the Mac installer, much to my relief!

I have tried iATKOS ML2, and iATKOS ML3U (Which took 6 hours to download each), but this genuine version of Mac is the only one that has worked. If it wasn't for you i would be completely stuck, so thank you.

I really appreciate the help you have given me today. It has taken about three weeks for me to get to this stage, so you can imagine how pleased i am.

Thank you once again.

87Us4YT.jpg

cwn2AFa.jpg

oCwslEf.jpg

HzXA9gm.jpg

ZDNGoWG.jpg

Cheers buddy. :)

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,685 posts

Hello

You're Welcome... :D

But your Bios isn't UEFI, it's normal Bios.

After install OSX try follow this guide to install and configure Chameleon: http://www.insanelym...eon-bootloader/

It in portuguese, so translate with google translate or translito...

You have Ivy Bridger CPU so try this guide to enable powe management for your CPU: http://www.insanelym...nd-ivy-bridger/

Another thing.... like i said your Bios is Insyde, so everytime in each boot you need boot with cpus=1... so to boot without it you need apply patch lapic in kernel

Download it: http://www.osx86.net...el-patcher-v07/

Apply and done... isn't necessay boot with cpus=1 anymore  :) 

V3-571G

V3-571G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi again,

After i had installed Mac OS X to HDD#2 (My laptop has two hard drives!), i attempted booting the newly installed operating system via Chameleon and Clover.

Unfortunately, neither of these bootloaders would start the operating system, even with the 'cpus=1' boot flag. Eventually i gave up on it, but today i decided i would have another go at getting it working.

When booting through Chameleon in Legacy mode (Chameleon won't work in UEFI), i am asked which boot device i would like to use. I select HDD#2 and then i get some scrolling white text on a black background. The text stops and freezes at the point in the photo below:

NEH9F6N.jpg

If i boot through Clover bootloader in UEFI mode, i have to select to boot 'Mac OS X from HDD#2' and then i get more scrolling text, but at the exact point in the photo below, the screen goes completely off (The blacklight goes off too) and nothing happens:

EAboNvB.jpg

I am using Chameleon version 2.2svn r2269, and Clover version 2k build 2013-12-08, both of which came on the original Hackintosh installation USB stick.

Please help! Any advice would as always be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks.

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts

delete all graphics kexts from the usbinstaller, then boot with -f -v cpus=1 dart=0 npci=0x2000

Attached File  Graphics_Kexts.png   565.87KB   5 downloads

Edit: you have this installed, delete ATI* AMD* NVDA*

V3-571G

V3-571G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

delete all graphics kexts from the usbinstaller, then boot with -f -v cpus=1 dart=0 npci=0x2000

attachicon.gifGraphics_Kexts.png

Edit: you have this installed, delete ATI* AMD* NVDA*

Hi, thanks for the response. Just a quick question though, where do i find the kexts and how do i delete them? I don't have any experience with Mac so excuse my stupidity!

Hope you can help.

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts

boot with -s

then type this code

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

mkdir /kext_backup

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mv AMDRadeon* ATI* GeForce* NVDA*/kext_backup

rm ../Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

reboot

V3-571G

V3-571G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
boot with -s
then type this code

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mkdir /kext_backup
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv AMDRadeon* ATI* GeForce* NVDA*/kext_backup
rm ../Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
reboot

Hi again,

Thanks for the additional help. I performed the steps you wrote above but unfortunately this has not made any difference to the issue. I definitely did it all correctly because all the commands were executed without error. Mac boots fine in safe mode with the boot flag '-x', but obviously this is not a permanent solution.

Any other help would be really good.

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts

of course, -x not read the graphics kexts, now if you can arrive to the desktop with -x, you need config the platform-ig to your hd4000 card, like this Intel HD4000 and Haswell Inject AAPL,ig-platform-id - Front Page News and Rumors - InsanelyMac Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy