iAtkos is not free anymore :(

KunLibertad

63 posts in this topic

You have a point, but the problem is that here we are discussing the fact that iATKOS (which has been a legit method for installing OS X till now) is no longer free. If I were to delete this topic, probably I'd be accused of censorship. Same with the "Permanently Banned From Tonymacx86" topic. It could be seen as tonymac advertisement, but also as freedom of speech.

I`m sure that nobody will be angry on you if you delete this thread or ban forever iAtkos themes. You said it, iAtkos WAS... Now, with this thread, some people from iAtkos team try to steal money from new users who dont know that iAtkos try to get money from the other people free and open to community projects. 

You have to protect chameleon, kexts and other project developers, because now a lot of money who could be donated to those who really does some job, will go to those losers from iAtkos team.

YOU SHOULD PROTECT THE COMMUNITY, BECAUSE THIS FORUM EXIST BECAUSE OF THEM AND NOT from some money-dreamers like iAtkos. 

If you respect real developers, you should ban every iAtkos thread. As I say, they will steal from other people work.

And not the last. If this thread continue to exist, a lot of people can be disgust and stop making DONATION to everyone. Can you answer me, I will ask again - do you know what is donation? 

There is no such a thing as COMPULSORY donation. 

Donation is free of taxes, so iAtkos team will be law breaker with their "compulsory" donation!

Imagine how Microsoft or Adobe wants "compulsory" donations for their products instead of pays .. Thats fun right? 

As we understand, with this thread you support the FAKE DONATION from iAtkos, and STEALING the real developers work plus donations who have to go in the real developers pockets!

I'm all for discouraging people from even looking at topics about iatkos but there are a few problems with that.

Threads will pop up, I could understand limiting it by deleting the ones you catch but there will be older ones.

People are free to browse this forum, and sign up to it. These people could be undercover from iatkos. You would need someone on call 24/7 to look at I.P's of registering members.

I'm not a lawyer, but I do know business. iAtkos is not a registered business that they pay taxes on, they can gladly accept donations. Taxes do not apply in this case. When the taxes do apply, it'll apply as a donation and not a revenue. They are distributing a copyrighted OS illegally, but that has not stopped them before.

About the only way I can see anything shutting them down is if they are claiming any work in the distro as their own, but only if the work is protected under open source agreements. 

it kills me that so many of you talk {censored} about apple caring about a $10 dvd and don't think about the $1000+ you don't give them for a Mac to install it on..

and YOU! @vbetts, you have the nerve to talk junk to me about hackint0sh hurting apples sales but think some stupid distro is going to effect them!?! wtf

• Like 2

Alessandro, I think I understand what bmas is trying to say, and if I understood correctly, I really think you should delete this and any other new iATKOS threads that pop up. It seems the topic starter, whose one and only post on Insanelymac was precisely the first of this topic, pretends to be complaining about the new iATKOS policies, but in fact he really appears to be trying to advertise the services, posting complete instructions on how to get custom support by iATKOS team and how to "donate" and how much. If he was really complaining, the very tone of the post would be completely different - see the thread about good old Voldemort. In fact, he seems to be counting on the polemic started by the announcement and on our reaction to keep the thread "hot" and thus spread the propaganda more efficiently. Very clever, I concede, if it is his true intent.

Rules are rules, my friend: as you said, iATKOS became a commercial spin-off from the OSX86 scene (regardless of what they sell, in attention to Slice's posts) and any discussion about its services should not be allowed. There's no grey area here.

All the best!

it kills me that so many of you talk {censored} about apple caring about a $10 dvd and don't think about the $1000+ you don't give them for a Mac to install it on..

and YOU! @vbetts, you have the nerve to talk junk to me about hackint0sh hurting apples sales but think some stupid distro is going to effect them!?! wtf

Oh I'm sorry, I came up with numbers with my claims stating that we don't hurt Apple while you came up with nothing. Nor did I ever say a distro will hurt them, but that doesn't mean I support piracy. Plus, doing things like this will get Apple to target them. Pystar is a great example of that.

I was going to write my idea about this, i had all the post ready, but i do better at saying nothing. But i'm really discouraged and disappointed.
Dedicated to those who know very well. Nothing more to say

The maker of this distro will be facing a a flurry of Apple lawyers soon if a copy of the OS is included in the product

Users paid not for OSX but for individual support.

(...)

About donation. I don't like to look into someone pocket. I will not ask donation for me because I don't want to be bound to someone.

This donation will not be replacement for my salary.

It's nice that you see it that way, I could be wrong, but I *think* the majority of scene developers do not agree with you.

It's not a question of what amount is donated or what the salary of your day job is. The line of thought here is that someone else is making money off of work that you and many others did for free, and gave away for people to use. Currently it is my opinion that this is wrong on principle, it doesn't matter how much they make, or that they're claiming that it's just for support.

Still, it's interesting to me that the only developer who's spoken up in this topic is you, and you have nothing against iATKOS receiving donations. :P

• Like 1

It's nice that you see it that way, I could be wrong, but I *think* the majority of scene developers do not agree with you.

It's not a question of what amount is donated or what the salary of your day job is. The line of thought here is that someone else is making money off of work that you and many others did for free, and gave away for people to use. Currently it is my opinion that this is wrong on principle, it doesn't matter how much they make, or that they're claiming that it's just for support.

Still, it's interesting to me that the only developer who's spoken up in this topic is you, and you have nothing against iATKOS receiving donations. :P

Not to worry... they'll be driven out of business very soon by an army of Apple lawyers.

• Like 3

OK people, I'll remind you of the rule:

Discussion of commercial spin-offs of the OSx86 scene is allowed if it’s to understand their existence, but no discussion of how to use them, nor any support for these commercial spin-offs are allowed as they are not in the spirit of the OSx86 scene.

Fair enough, the OP seems more to be advertising iATKOS rather than informing us.

But to prove that I am not a dictator (I could be, nothing holds the site administrator from deciding as he sees fit. I am also allowed to delete attacks against my person and sanction those who write them) I am going to discuss this matter with my fellow administrators and then let you know what we decide.

• Like 3