[ASUS P5G41T-M LX] KP "Cant find driver for this Platform ACPI" when trying to boot into the Installer :(

Medice

3 posts in this topic

Hello, Guys,

i have some trouble with my ASUS P5G41T-M LX, i put in the Nawcom-BootCD and boot from it, after that i choose my internal Partition

wich hold the Retail-DVD installation-files and press enter... Many hundred kexts will be loaded... from hd(0,2)/System/libary/extensions...

it goes after three screens to a point where i can see my CPU and RAM and have to "press a key to continue"...

after that the USB-Ports will be loaded and for a short moment there is a line that begins with "System...." and a KP apears...

"cant find Driver for this Plaform "ACPI"..."

it is the same KP Screen what is shown here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/269841-install-snow-leopard-on-any-pc-for-anybody-includes-windows-dual-boot/?p=1757743

=(

but i dont know what to do?! =(

I'm a newbie here, but I have just used the nawcom isntaller on a very old Pentium 4 HT 3.4 GHz 32 bit machine.

I burnt the Nawcom to CD (*as a MASTER Bootable) - restarted the PC - F2 to BIOS - default settings - reboot to F2 - enabled (in my case) the 32 bit address & boot sequence to DVD/CD, saved and rebooted - F12 to select DVD/CD again (just to be certain) as boot - nawcom opened & I got an icon - eject nawcom from dvd/cd drive - replaced with OS X 10.6.3 install dvd & closed tray - pressed F5 to rescan buses and see installer - off it went. When it finished, I selected installed HD in the restart utility - boot back to nawcom only now you see two icons, nawcom cd & HD with install on it - select installed HD & enter - boot into osx86 :)

Once I'd done it once, I did it a few times experimenting with settings, but seems to be ok now, after fixed the sleep issue. No wifi, but the netgear usb dongle I tried is unsupported as far as I can see. I'll have to go and get a pci realtek chipset card.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Guys,

i have some trouble with my ASUS P5G41T-M LX, i put in the Nawcom-BootCD and boot from it, after that i choose my internal Partition

wich hold the Retail-DVD installation-files and press enter... Many hundred kexts will be loaded... from hd(0,2)/System/libary/extensions...

it goes after three screens to a point where i can see my CPU and RAM and have to "press a key to continue"...

after that the USB-Ports will be loaded and for a short moment there is a line that begins with "System...." and a KP apears...

"cant find Driver for this Plaform "ACPI"..."

it is the same KP Screen what is shown here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/269841-install-snow-leopard-on-any-pc-for-anybody-includes-windows-dual-boot/?p=1757743

=(

but i dont know what to do?! =(

This message corresponds to bad DSDT. You have to prepare your best DSDT or use Clover that propose you automatic patching.