myHack USB stuck on boot

Goku123

15 posts in this topic

I have a Dell Inspiron 660s (I know building a PC is better for Hackintosh) that I want to install OS X 10.9 Mavericks to.  Made a USB with myHack and everything went fine as far as I know. I want to install on an MBR Partition so I made a Partition on my Drive of 100 GB called Macintosh.  That seems to be fine as well.  When I plug the USB in it boots the Apple Logo then it freezes.  I did some research, and found that doing -x or -x GraphicsEnabler=No helps.  But it didn't.   I have attached my System Specs and my Verbose Mode.

post-1299506-0-16467900-1391876357_thumb.jpg

post-1299506-0-58631900-1391876378_thumb.jpg

Hello!

Set your HD2500 to 64MB in bios and try to boot with the flags "-v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapriFB=X dart=0 npci=0x3000" (X is a value between 1 and 11 - try all eleven possibilities until one is working). Note: flags dart and npci will perhabs be redundant, use them just in case of instability of the successfully booted system...

Afaik is HD2500 supported by the kexts for HD4000 - both are IvyBridge-family and so there is chance to get it working this way.

Good luck!

Hello

HD2500 doens't have support in OSX... You can enable it with this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287668-guide-intel-hd2500-full-resolution-and-qeci-1083/

But isn't vanilla support,you need edit the HD4000 kext for work as HD2500... And sometimes this work and sometimes not work...

If this Dell is notebook, you can try enable your HD2500 using that guide... but it isn't 100%

If this Dell is a Desktop, you can buy a dedicated graphic... GT610/620 work OOB in ML(since 10.8.3)and in MV

Hello

HD2500 doens't have support in OSX... You can enable it with this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287668-guide-intel-hd2500-full-resolution-and-qeci-1083/

But isn't vanilla support,you need edit the HD4000 kext for work as HD2500... And sometimes this work and sometimes not work...

If this Dell is notebook, you can try enable your HD2500 using that guide... but it isn't 100%

If this Dell is a Desktop, you can buy a dedicated graphic... GT610/620 work OOB in ML(since 10.8.3)and in MV

Not true. The device ID is present in the Apple Drivers. And if I recall layout 6 is the default for HD2500. 

That said getting it to work out of safe mode has always been a challenge for myself. 

Hello

Good to know about it ...

But anyway, there are always
side-effects those using unsupported hardware

An example: I use the GT610, but in 10.8 it didn't work, so I had to edit the kext adding my Devices IDs ... after that it worked, but i felt it had not well performed, after I updated to 10.8.3 my graphic was well recognized and i noticed a considerable increase in performance and some lags that sometimes i gave gone