nVIDIA Retail Drivers for Mavericks

Kynyo

106 posts in this topic

I remember you had that problem before. So it's still doing it even with 10.9.2? It happened to me once but since then it's been all good.

Here's the patch script I use if you want to give it another try. Make sure you roll back the framework to the original unpatched version first and change OpenCLFWKCS to whatever you called your certificate.

#!/bin/bash -e
sudo cp /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL.bak
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x01\x00\xF6\xC3\x05\x74\x13|\x01\x00\xF6\xC3\x00\x74\x13|; s|\x8B\x45\x08\xA8\x05\x74\x18|\x8B\x45\x08\xA8\x00\x74\x18|' /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL
sudo codesign -fs OpenCLFWKCS /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL

You can either save this to a file called openclfix.command and double-click it to run or paste the three sudo lines into terminal and run them one by one.

When i first tried this web drivers i had an X58 based build but the same GPU, when i tried them a couple of days ago on this build, i was playing L4D2 and got the OpenGL Channel Exception! bug, like i got on my older rig, since the time that that did occur to me while on the official apple driver had been a longlong time, i don't really see any benefits for me at this moment to using these drivers…

• 1 month later...

I have been using 331.01.01f02 for nearly two days (using nvda_drv=1 in org.chameleon.boot.plist) with latest 6 series CUDA driver.

Graphic driver install was seamless, so was CUDA install afterwards.

I still have graphics locked at highest rate, and fan on 1100rpm. I am yet to find a solution to this.  I hear a lot about the OpenCL patch which is meant to help (?), but I fear my 2GB GTX660 may not necessarily need it? If someone can help me solve this issue, I only have the sleep/wake issue to solve for a 100% working hackintosh.

• 4 weeks later...

New 10.9.3 WebDriver-334.01.01f01.pkg  is working for me. MSI 8800GT.

Link http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Qu...4.01.01f01.pkg

For some reason after installing 10.9.3 and updating the graphic drivers, I can only get signal when connecting my monitor thru the hdmi connection of my video card. Before the update, I was able to connect my monitor thru the dvi connection and get signal but not any more. What gives?

Hey, I assume you're using the NVIDIA Web Drivers because if that is the case, are using other kexts or DSDT edits to enable signal through DVI as well. I can only get signal through HDMI.

Ok, but the other DVI port's pin layout design is different from the one I am trying use. I am using a VGA to DVI adapter and its pin layout design is only compatible with one of the DVI ports on my video card. See picture below

14239107421_7ce98ceaec_b_d.jpg

Well maybe that's why. I don't know. Maybe analog out is broken or even deliberately ignored now.

I have both of those (DVI-D and DVI-I) and they both work, but I use a DVI cable.

I could test VGA with an adapter but I don't know where it is...and I don't know where my VGA cable is.

If I should come across both by some miracle I'll edit this post and let you know.

Well maybe that's why. I don't know. Maybe analog out is broken or even deliberately ignored now.

I have both of those (DVI-D and DVI-I) and they both work, but I use a DVI cable.

I could test VGA with an adapter but I don't know where it is...and I don't know where my VGA cable is.

If I should come across both by some miracle I'll edit this post and let you know.

Alright thanks. Patiently waiting

hello,

can anyone please let me know the benefit of using nvidia's drivers vs using apple's driver?

as you can see from my signature for my setup. It's running fine as is. triple monitors with the card, and a forth monitor with the on-board.

One small problem is in adobe photoshop 6, it only see my on-board HD4000 card; not the GTX770. Would nvidia's driver solve that?

thank you.

Also enables double precision on certain cards and the drivers are a much newer version. But the PM fix alone makes it worth, should also apply to your card. Give it a try you can always switch back.

• Like 1