Sound device not working glitchy sound

tombruton87

5 posts in this topic

I cannot get the sound to work for love nor money. The sound card shows up in devices and when I play a sound it plays glitchy for about a second then stops. I am using Mavericks 10.9.1, on a Asus P9x79 motherboard, with a 4930k cpu, a gtx 650ti graphics and 32gig of ram. I am guessing none of my other devices are efecting the sound

I installed with a modified kernal to support the CPU and run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on install to get all drivers working, all is working apart from sound. The motherboard uses the ALC892 kext to support the Realtek® ALC892 that is built into the board.

I have tried the Voodoo but kept getting errors saying it couldnt be used from OSX

cheers for the link really struggling with the instructions. And looking at the output of the script does the patch need to be placed in a particular folder. Would you be able to give me a simplified step by step version.

What I have done is download HDAEnabler.kext and installed using kext utility, also deleted the HDAEnabler1 that multi   beast installs.  (the download for the kext looks like a folder I have renamed it HDAEnabler.kext at this point it looks like a kext is this the correct name)

I have then downloaded the patch, changed permission so it can run and run but cant find lots of files

The tutorial says to download a zip file however it does not tell you what to do with the zip file

Thank You for your Time Fabio

(update)

Got the script working looked though it source and put the files in the folders it was expecting them. I still have glitchy audio the only difference is im using HDAEnabler rather than multis HDAEnabler1. All its doing is updating definitions so it recognises sound cards from the looks of it.

I have now solved this. for my mobo which is the ASUS P9X79

you need to install the VoodooHDA 2.7.2

once installed sound will work but there will be a hissing noise. to solve this you need to edit the VooDoo kext. right click the kext explore the package then you need to edit the info.plist file.

Change 

<key>iGain</key>
<string>90</string>

to

<key>iGain</key>
<string>0</string>

and 

<key>Noise</key>
<integer>2</integer>

to 

<key>Noise</key>
<integer>0</integer>