• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

carter.d

carter.d

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Had a successfully running 10.6 build on the below hardware.  Have since converted back to a Windows machine and gave the PC to my dad.  Now he wants a Mac and I'm hoping I can convert this to 10.9.  So, trying to determine if the same hardware will permit a 10.9 install.  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks!

MB:  Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5

GC:  GeForce 9800 GTX+

No sound card or other notable hardware to consider that I can think of.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D

You should be OK. The only issue I could think of is if you are using a old PCI WiFi card with a Realtek or Ralink chip, which won't work beyond 32-bit Lion. USB chips are OK.

Try it, see how it goes. :)

carter.d

carter.d

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Internet is connected via Ethernet, so wifi isn't an issue. Any particular install method you can recommend for this hardware? The last time I did this was quite some time ago and man, things have really progressed!

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
I really can't recommend a particular guide, just look for a generic 10.9 install guide, your hardware is pretty standard. In all honesty I've been out of the scene a while myself!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy