Cardbus/PCMCIA Controller ID 104C:8039 Texas Instruments PCIxx12

solu

421 posts in this topic

Replaced all. but... :)

Restore only IOPCCardFamily(from vanilla or ToH, not working), kernel panic disappears.

After you replace all kext file, did you get kernel panic? Ok. Do you have firewire device? If you do, let us "disable" it temporarily. Move all FireWire kext file to another location, so you can restore it later. Make sure you use IOPCCardFamily kext file from rev 3. Clear kextcache file & reboot. Let see what happen.

Hi LowTech,If you pccard works after using the rev3 file, you still have to edit the info.plist under IO80211Family.kext to have your Atheros 5001 recognized. The rev3 file only makes the pccard slot recognized and started.Chun-Nan

Thanks Chun-Nan,

yes I changed the info.plist in IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros.kext/Contents/ to <string>pci168c,13</string>. But unfortunately OSx wants this card only to be recognized as

ethernet:

Function: Ethernet-Controller

Vendor: Unknown

Type: CardBus

Vendor-ID: 5772

Device-ID: 19

Dmesg output is:

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: TI XX12 rev 00

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 16): vendor 0x168c, device 0x0013

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 16): found 1 functions

IOCardBusDevice: binding socket 0 function 0 to card services.

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_config(bus 16)

IOPCCard info: fn 0 bar 1: mem 0x90010000-0x9001ffff

IOPCCard info: irq 22

I don't think that this problem is related to your work.

Thanks again,

--LowTech

The last bit of magic to make Airport recognize the Atheroschip on that card was to use a ?somewhat cooked? IO80211Family kext from someone,just get the attached file and install with the Atheros card you have and it should work justfine as it does for me (Airport sees it and comes up fine).

Hi Zaxboi,

unfortunately your IO80211Family.kext - with my added device-id - didn't change anything. This dam**d Atheros card (Conceptronic C54C) always wants to be an ethernet device. :)

Thanks,

--LowTech

Thanks Chun-Nan,

yes I changed the info.plist in IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros.kext/Contents/ to <string>pci168c,13</string>. But unfortunately OSx wants this card only to be recognized as

ethernet:

Function: Ethernet-Controller

Vendor: Unknown

Type: CardBus

Vendor-ID: 5772

Device-ID: 19

Dmesg output is:

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 16): vendor 0x168c, device 0x0013

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 16): found 1 functions

IOCardBusDevice: binding socket 0 function 0 to card services.

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_config(bus 16)

IOPCCard info: fn 0 bar 1: mem 0x90010000-0x9001ffff

IOPCCard info: irq 22

I don't think that this problem is related to your work.

Thanks again,

--LowTech

Hi Zaxboi,

unfortunately your IO80211Family.kext - with my added device-id - didn't change anything. This dam**d Atheros card (Conceptronic C54C) always wants to be an ethernet device. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

--LowTech

Hi LowTech,

Does your wireless card work even it is detected as "Ethernet-Controller" and "unkown"? I think they have different place to store the PCCARD's information but I haven't found out where they store those data.

Chun-Nan

Hi LowTech,

Does your wireless card work even it is detected as "Ethernet-Controller" and "unkown"? I think they have different place to store the PCCARD's information but I haven't found out where they store those data.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

the leds are blinking, but the card is not working. I can't give her an ip-address and as it is not detected as an airport device, there are no WEP/WAP settings possible.

--LowTech

Hi guys,Here is the source code and the modified (rev3) files I made for IOPCCardFamily. I didn't change anything on IOPCIFamily source code. You can download that source code from Apple website.Chun-NanHi Mariusz, I still haven't found the reasons why the IOPCIFamily doesn't work on your machine. I didn't change anything on IOPCIFamily source code. Downloaded it from Apple and compiled it.I checked the IOPCIFamily inside 1501_AR5001_USBSpeed is 1.8 version while the one I got from Apple is 2.4 version.Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

I think they removed some dev strings from latest IOPCIFamily, it can be cause my PCMCIA is not recognized.

I didn't have to change anything to get my Broadcom (internal miniPCI-E) working using latest IOPCIFamily.

Regards,

Mariusz.

Edited by Mariusz

Hi Chun-Nan,

I think they removed some dev strings from latest IOPCIFamily, it can be cause my PCMCIA is not recognized.

I didn't have to change anything to get my Broadcom (internal miniPCI-E) working using latest IOPCIFamily.

Regards,

Mariusz.

So, then we have to wait until someone adds the missing data into IOPCIFamily.kext, because i don't know what to do...

So, then we have to wait until someone adds the missing data into IOPCIFamily.kext, because i don't know what to do...

Yes, we have to wait. I've been trying to find something interesting in IOPCIFamily source code but this is too much for me, I gave up :D

Regards,

Mariusz.

Yes, we have to wait. I've been trying to find something interesting in IOPCIFamily source code but this is too much for me, I gave up :)

Regards,

Mariusz.

Hi Mariuz,

Before you try the rev3 files, what kind of error messages did you get on pccard? Did you get the same error messages as you did after trying the rev3 files?

Also, I found that you have ACPIPS2Nub installed. Could you tell me where you got that file? Do you also have ApplePS2Controller installed, too?

Chun-Nan

Hi Mariuz,

Before you try the rev3 files, what kind of error messages did you get on pccard? Did you get the same error messages as you did after trying the rev3 files?

Also, I found that you have ACPIPS2Nub installed. Could you tell me where you got that file? Do you also have ApplePS2Controller installed, too?

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

the error is always:

IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

Only when I use old IOPCIFamily from 1501_AR5001_USBSpeed it's beeing recognized.

I've found ACPIPS2Nub in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;hl=ACPIPS2Nub post.

Yes, ApplePS2Controller is installed.

Regards,

Mariusz.

Hi Chun-Nan,

the error is always:

Only when I use old IOPCIFamily from 1501_AR5001_USBSpeed it's beeing recognized.

I've found ACPIPS2Nub in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;hl=ACPIPS2Nub post.

Yes, ApplePS2Controller is installed.

Regards,

Mariusz.

Hi Mariusz,

Do you have USB keyboard with you? If you do, I would like you to try to load this ACPIPS2Nub along with rev3 to see the result. If you don't, that is ok because it might cause your keyboard not working.

Also, can you send me your ACPIOS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller files? Thanks.

Chun-Nan

ACPIPS2Nub.kext.zip

Hi Mariusz,

Do you have USB keyboard with you? If you do, I would like you to try to load this ACPIPS2Nub along with rev3 to see the result. If you don't, that is ok because it might cause your keyboard not working.

Chun-Nan

No I do not have USB keyboard right now.

Shall I try it with vanilla IOPCIFamily.kext? What has been changed in this kext?

Regard,

Mariusz.

Shall I try it with vanilla IOPCIFamily.kext? What has been changed in this kext?

Regard,

Mariusz.

Hi Mariusz,

Yes, please try it with vanilla IOPCIFamily.kext

I downloaded the ACPIPS2Nub.kext and recompiled it. I used the one from iATKOS, it couldn't load my FireWire information. However, after replacing the one I recomplied, no problems. Just wonder if it is related to pccard.......

Chun-Nan

Regard,

Mariusz.

Hi Chun-Nan

Please find attached requested kexts (can't attach to PM).

--------- EDIT-----------

Ok, I've tried yours ACPIPS2Nub with rev3 but no change, still getting "IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0"

I've also removed ACPIPS2Nub (my laptop keybord stopped to work) but I didn't change anything.

Regards,

Mariusz

Kext.tar.gz

Edited by Mariusz

Same error ;(

When I tried to find information on IOPCIFamily, I found this article.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=25425&st=0

Determine your computer's PCI Bridge IDs:

In Windows' Device Manager, open the System devices, find your computer's PCI Bridge (on this Toshiba Satellite it is Intel® 82801 PCI Bridge - 2448 - what is it on yours? please post !!).

Doubleclick it and go to the details tab. Below (first entry) you will now see the Devicde Instance ID, on my machine it is

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2448 . . . .

The ID combination of 8086 (Vendor) and 2448 (Device) will either have to be matched in the Info.plist of the IOPCIFamily.kext

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x00261011</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

</dict>

<key>IOPCI2PCIBridge-i386</key>

- <dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>IOPCI2PCIBridge</string>

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>

<string>0x06040000&0xffff0000</string>

or in the Info.plist from the AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext

- <array>

<string>pci8086,27b9</string>

<string>pci8086,27bd</string>

</array>

but most likey in the AppleACPILPC.kext because it already contains the 8086 Vendor ID, and we all have ACPI Systems (I think the AppleACPIPlatform.kext is the 'paramount' kext of the two). So maybe just add <string>pci8086,2448</string> (respectively your system's according Device ID) to the array would make our kexts load correctly.

Chun-Nan

When I tried to find information on IOPCIFamily, I found this article.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=25425&st=0

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-nan,

I've tried IOPCIFamily-79.5 but the same error.

Where did you find AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext ? I can't find it my AppleACPIPlatform.kext (vanilla and some other).

Ok, I've found it in kexts sent by Kizwan. Added my pci ids but no change.

Regards,

Mariusz.

Edited by Mariusz

Hi Chun-nan,

First of all thank you for all the efford you have put in resolving this issue...

I tried your rev3 and it works, but I have lost my firewire information. I'm using vanilla kernel and I have ACPIPS2Nub.kext. Could you please post the one you recompiled...

Thanks,

Macpo

Hi Chun-nan,

First of all thank you for all the efford you have put in resolving this issue...

I tried your rev3 and it works, but I have lost my firewire information. I'm using vanilla kernel and I have ACPIPS2Nub.kext. Could you please post the one you recompiled...

Thanks,

Macpo

Hi Macpo,

Go to this link and download ACPIPS2Nub.kext. Try to replace it with your old ACPIPS2Nub.kext to see the result. It works on my notebook.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;hl=ACPIPS2Nub

Chun-Nan

After you replace all kext file, did you get kernel panic? Ok. Do you have firewire device? If you do, let us "disable" it temporarily. Move all FireWire kext file to another location, so you can restore it later. Make sure you use IOPCCardFamily kext file from rev 3. Clear kextcache file & reboot. Let see what happen.

yes, kernel panic. except restore IOPCCard...kext file.

tried to disable firewire in BIOS, move firewire kext file, also get kernel panic.

have to restored.

I just installed new clean system to new hdd with ToH RC2 DVD, still get kernel panic if replaced with the IOPCCard...kext file. Maybe my laptop's hardware something special, the other DVD versions like iATKOS and Kalyway DVD always get kernel panic while boot, only ToH RC2 DVD can boot without kernel panic.

but a lot of hardware components of the laptop work out of box, include 945GM, Atheros 5008X, Giga NIC, Firewire, Touchpad, KB, DVDRW...etc. Audio In/Out working after patched.

now, keep trying cardbus, SD controller and bluetooth to work, its difficult to success, i think.

Hi Chun-nan,

Where did you find AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext ? I can't find it my AppleACPIPlatform.kext (vanilla and some other).

Regards,

Mariusz.

Mariusz,

That kext file I believe was belong to 10.4.8. I upgrade to ToH leopard from JaS 10.4.8. So kext file from 10.4.8 mixed up with kext file from leopard.

Hi Chun-Nan,

I have tried the ACPIPS2Nub.kext you told me...with no luck. In the terminal if I get that firewire is active.

But in the system profiler I get: "Unable to list firewire devices", and the firewire port doesn't work at all. Do you have any clue of what can be causing this?

This is what I get on the terminal:

bash-3.2# dmesg | grep PC

Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 803a PCI now active, GUID 080046030274eb9e; max speed s400.

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRT0@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/TOSHIBA MK2035GSS Media/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/Untitled@2

Thanks,

Macpo

Hi Chun-nan,

Regards,

Mariusz.

Hi Mariusz,

Here if the IOPCIFamily with "debug info". Try this one and boot with "-s" to enter single user mode. Look for any information related to "PCI configuration" to see if there is "Checking" or "Repairing" showing up. Let me know the result. Don't forget to backup your original file before trying it.

Chun-Nan

IOPCIFamily_debug.zip

Hi Macpo,

That is odd. Try these steps to see if it helps:

1. sudo -s (enter your password)

2. cd /System/Library

3. rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extenions.kextcache

4. diskutil repairPermissions /

5. reboot

Chun-Nan

(Just curious, did you use Kext Helper to install kexts?)

Hi Chun-Nan,

the leds are blinking, but the card is not working. I can't give her an ip-address and as it is not detected as an airport device, there are no WEP/WAP settings possible.

--LowTech

Hi LowTech,

Check this link and maybe you can get some information on your wireless card.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;hl=168c,0013

Chun-Nan

Edit:

I opened a new topic. Here is the link. (For Leopard)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81036

For Tiger:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81048

Hi Mariusz,

Here if the IOPCIFamily with "debug info". Try this one and boot with "-s" to enter single user mode. Look for any information related to "PCI configuration" to see if there is "Checking" or "Repairing" showing up. Let me know the result. Don't forget to backup your original file before trying it.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

find below dmesg output from last IOPCIFamily.kext:

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87
ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
mbinit: done
Security auditing service present
BSM auditing present
[ PCI configuration begin ]
[ PCI configuration :: Mapping ]
Scanning PCI bridge 0x44d7c00, bus 0 (0:255)
Probing type 0 device class-code 060000 at 0:0:0 [cpu 1]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:1:0 [cpu 1]
Probing type 0 device class-code 040300 at 0:27:0 [cpu 1]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:28:0 [cpu 1]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:28:1 [cpu 1]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:28:2 [cpu 1]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0300 at 0:29:0 [cpu 1]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0300 at 0:29:1 [cpu 1]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0300 at 0:29:2 [cpu 1]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0300 at 0:29:3 [cpu 1]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0320 at 0:29:7 [cpu 1]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060401 at 0:30:0 [cpu 1]
Probing type 0 device class-code 060100 at 0:31:0 [cpu 1]
Probing type 0 device class-code 010180 at 0:31:2 [cpu 1]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0500 at 0:31:3 [cpu 1]
Scanning PCI bridge 0x447a000, bus 7 (0:255)
Probing type 2 device class-code 060700 at 7:6:0 [cpu 1]Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0010 at 7:6:1 [cpu 1]
Probing type 0 device class-code 018000 at 7:6:2 [cpu 1]
Probing type 0 device class-code 080501 at 7:6:3 [cpu 1]
bridge 0x447a000 scan final bus range 7:7
Scanning PCI bridge 0x4484c00, bus 5 (0:255)
Probing type 0 de
From path: "uuid", 
Waiting for boot volume with UUID 252724EC-A21D-3FC0-94F9-BCEC237771D7
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
vice class-code 028000 at 5:0:0 [cpu 1]
bridge 0x4484c00 scan final bus range 5:6
Scanning PCI bridge 0x44a3400, bus 2 (0:255)
Probing type 0 device class-code 020000 at 2:0:0 [cpu 0]
bridge 0x44a3400 scan final bus range 2:2
Scanning PCI bridge 0x446e000, bus 1 (0:255)
Probing type 0 device class-code 030000 at 1:0:0 [cpu 0]
bridge 0x446e000 scan final bus range 1:1
[ PCI configuration :: sort bridges ]Starting AppleACPIPS2Nub
Found mouse PNP device
AppleACPIPS2Nub startup complete

added bridge 0x447a000 bus 7:7 to index 1
 added bridge 0x4484c00 bus 5:6 to index 2
 added bridge 0x4491000 bus 3:4 to index 3
 added bridge 0x44a3400 bus 2:2 to index 4
 added bridge 0x446e000 bus 1:1 to index 5
 added bridge 0x44ac000 bus 0:0 to index 6
[ PCI configuration :: Device Tree ]
[ PCI configuration end ]
FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 803a PCI now active, GUID 00080da0d13f83df; max speed s400.
Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0.
Extension "com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][FindInterfaces] mInt0InterruptMaxPacketSize = 16
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/IOATABlockStorageDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/TOSHIBA MK1237GSX Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 3@3
BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 3

Regards,

Mariusz.