Mavericks on Asus M4A87TD

Rumfy

6 posts in this topic

Hi all I succeeded in installing Mavericks with the Niresh distro. I have 2 problems:

1. Multiple desktop setup is not working (Sapphire Radeon 6870), Mac does recognise my second display but nothing is showing on the second monitor.

2. I got very choppy sound, my sound card specification: VIA VT1818 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC.

I was hoping that some one could help me out on this one. Any help/comment is appreciated, thanks!

Try VoodooHDA.kext to your problematic sound.

How you connected your dual displays? DVI, VGA, HDMI? Try to connect first to the HDMI and second to DVI port (VGA is too old, and this making some problems).

Also try to change resolution on your second (not working - black display) monitor using SwitchResX.app

Good Luck :)

Edited by tragediana150

Try VoodooHDA.kext to your problematic sound.

How you connected your dual displays? DVI, VGA, HDMI? Try to connect first to the HDMI and second to DVI port (VGA is too old, and this making some problems).

Also try to change resolution on your second (not working - black display) monitor using SwitchResX.app

Good Luck :)

Thanks alot I will try this at home. My monitors are both connected by DVI. I can try your solution and connect 1 by HDMI. I will give you feedback after I ran the tests.

Thanks Tragediana, I can confirm that the sound is now working flawless with the VooDooHDA kext and my second display is also working. I do now have 1 last problem: My youtube video and sound is not in sync and the mouse is stuttering every now and then. I guess it will have something to do with the graphics? Does anyone has an idea? I also took a screenshot of my system information: graphics

wlzm8x.png

Hey Tragediana I did some extra research at home. I fixed the mouse movement problem by booting with GraphicsEnabler=No. Now I only have this problem when watching movies. The sound is not in sync with the movie. Any other suggestions then VoodooTSCSyncAMD? I installed the kext, repaired permissions and rebooted, but the problem still exists... Thanks a lot already so far :)!!