GTX 770 support on ASUS RIVE ? Audio and bluetooth to come after.

MeuPRodrigo

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

After a successful install of OS X 10.9.0 (Installation topic here) I'm am trying to make my GTX 770 work and be recognized.
Actually all is buggy and my resolution is stucked at 1024px.

Yesterday I was able to boot my Macintosh HD with "-v -x npci=0x2000 cpus=1" but today it doesn't work ...
I am blocked at the line : "Still waiting for root device" ...

So what the steps I would like to go by ?

1. Be able to boot again on OS X (can add/remove files on Macintosh HD from my Windows partition and with MacDrive 9)
  2. Make my GTX 770 recognized and working (actually I see with -verbose mode something about it, but when I got to OS X can't get my resolution higher and all was laggy)
  3. Check both audio and bluetooth on OS X.

Could someone help get this GC working ? Some advises ?

I will boot on Windows to get you a screenshot of my E/ folder and S/L/E also.

Thanks everyone for your read and maybe your help  :thumbsup_anim:

I go to Linux ? How, i don't have Linux installed on my system. OS X and Windows only. And my OS X isn't bootable.

But I looked for solutions to the "Still missing root ... problem" and found this online. Will post them here because it could possibly help someone else in the futur.

And now I will try to follow your indications iFire, should I start with your advise or do you see something important here ?

1. Try the Kexts from "StillWaitingForRootDevice.zip" file posted by iFire here
  2. Plug my two SATA SSD's to 3GB/s ports (instead of 6gb/s like now) => they where on 3gb/s already
  3. Add the following code (as I got a 4930K = 6 cores) - source here - i added that to my .plist but same error ... will keep that as is a RampageDev advise.
    1. <key>SMcputype</key>
    2. <string>1281</string>
  4. Try "npci=0x3000" instead of 0x2000 - source here - same result
  5. Try with ahcidisk=1 debug=8 - same problem but booting was so much faster !!!
  6. Try setting my Macintosh HD as priority boot 1 - no change, same problem

So now, where to start iFire ? And thanks for the help  ;) 

PS : My graphic card shows "GeForceSensors (pci1): chipset: GK104 (NVE4) bios: 80.04.c3.00 during boot.

Ok i got the system info for Windows ... Should I try first your terminal command, or the .zip file with some Kexts for this problem ?

Thank you again, iFire.

Here are the screenshots of SystemInfo !

EDIT : As it also can be useful, there is as screenshot (in attach files) of the files i got in /Extra folder.

So now, as I wait for your read of my SystemInfo (thank you very much btw) I'm trying the ZIP file you talked about.

So I'm deleting my "TotallyStillMissingFix.kext" and adding all the kexts from the ZIP file.
Will get back with the result.

I'm also checking my SMBios file to see if there's nothing wrong ...
Wich would you recommend ? Using Mac Pro 6,1 or 5,1 ? I see that 6,1 is for LGA 2011 which I have, but can I try 5,1 without any risk ?

post-1288157-0-01541800-1390735316_thumb.png

post-1288157-0-66479000-1390735317_thumb.png

post-1288157-0-48163000-1390735319_thumb.png

post-1288157-0-20024200-1390735632_thumb.png

Why USBinstaller ? Do I still need it ?

-> Ok i will try to copy all that in my /Extra/ folder on my SSD.

-> As there are Kexts inside, do I need to do something else than paste them in the folder ? Like repairing permission ? (from Windows with MacDrive ?)

All right so, first of all I got a Chameleon template wich is very nice, shows in 1080p on my screen and let me choose Macintosh or Windows NTFS.
I boot Macintosh with -v and the result is :

1. I got the code lines but this time with a grey background ... and very more slow than before ... (loading the extensiosn in S/L/E)
  2. Then I got the code going on black background ...
  3. And finally same error : Still waiting for root device ...
    1. just after : GeForceSensors (pci1): started

please man, make only that I talk to you, nothing more

> Sorry i just wanted to understand how these things work. What is needed and what is not ;)

Ok

• Sata to AHCI : yes
  • Sata to LegacyMode or UEFI : Don't find this setting ... In Advanced > Sata Configuration I don't have it.
  • SSD Drive connected to port :
    • Sata6G : 1 or 2 => nothing connected
    • Sata3G :
      • #1 : Nothing
      • #2 : Macintosh HD
      • #3 : Nothing
      • #4 : Windows HD

But when I boot ...  I was seeing Macintosh HD on (0,2) and Windows HD on (1,2) I think ...

But now when I simply boot verbose with your Bootloader I see my graphic card as ASUS GTX 770 !!!