Power management for Sandy/Ivy Bridge/Haswell CPUs

Pimentel

533 posts in this topic

So Allan, thanks for the SSDT, and it didn't work and I got again the same problem : I get stuck at x8. 

if I try -w3 I only get 12 and 29 + states (like if my CPU is always on turbo!)

I tried the SSDT on -xpcm ( bootflag -xpcm and KernelPM patch from clover, which lead me to the 4 P states and the turbo states)  and without (using only AICPUMP patch from clover which lead me to Pstate 8!) and I dropped OEM SSDT and unchecked P/C states generation.

I still get that problem!

I used MBA5,2 and MBP9,2 and MBP10,1 SMBIOSs and I get the same results! I don't get much info on Intel Gadget and I use both DPCIManager and AICPUPMInfo kext and I get the same results on both!

So what can I do?

Try use MacBookPro10,2 again, and check if in your X86PlatformPlugin.kext is loaded.

If not, check inside the kext if this file exists Mac-AFD8A9D944EA4843.plist

Well thanks, but that's another problem, as it looks like, Clover/Chameleon can't generate any SMBIOS with MBP10,2 definition (only 10,1 and I think 9,2 is the same as 10,2 but without retina, they have the same cpu as mine) and even thought, I tried to check X86PlatformPlugin kext if it is loaded, and it is (as it looks like):

Screenshot%202014-09-29%2018.59.40.png?d

and I deeply think that that SSDT need a special configuring and editing (just saying). So what to do now? (I know it's really a headache, since (maybe) you don't have a similar CPU between your hands, or maybe but it didn't work with me :huh: )

Hi @midi, and sorry for don't awnser you.

I did a check in your IOReg, and the power management is right:

Ltc.png

But i don't have more ideas for your states. 

You still use -xcpm argument?

• Like 1

Hi @midi, and sorry for don't awnser you.

I did a check in your IOReg, and the power management is right:

Ltc.png

But i don't have more ideas for your states.

You still use -xcpm argument?

No problem ;) and yes, i think i may just work with that <_<

Yeah Bro...

Try others SMBios (and again and again) until you get the appropriate states. 

Meh! it looks hopeless, I mean I tried over a year -_- I hate that! other CPUs of other computers have better state numbers (maybe all the steps, going up and down with 100MHz steps :( ) but mine : NOOOO <_< Hate you Sony <_< (btw, tried that CPU on a real MBP9,2 and I got the same states as mine!!!!! :| )

Thanks Anyway :D :D :D really apreciate you support :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed Yosemite, and I think my P-states work, but waking from sleep is not working (which is the C-states, correct?). I am using Clover with SSDT generated by Pike's script. The config.plist has options to let the SSDT do everything on its own.

I have not used a DSDT yet. Is that necessary for SSDT to work correctly?

config.plist.zip

SSDT.AML.zip

Just installed Yosemite, and I think my P-states work, but waking from sleep is not working (which is the C-states, correct?). I am using Clover with SSDT generated by Pike's script. The config.plist has options to let the SSDT do everything on its own.

I have not used a DSDT yet. Is that necessary for SSDT to work correctly?

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

attachicon.gifSSDT.AML.zip

slemblod, clover cope with the generation of States. Remove SSDT. Check this config. Can change the model on iMac14,2?

config.plist.zip