Power management for Sandy/Ivy Bridge/Haswell CPUs

Pimentel

533 posts in this topic

Hello Allan and thanks by your reply. I can change that value and at the same time I can not because the slider is in its position of maximum value, in other words, I can change the value at minus than 32 but no more than 32

I will attempt use the Piker's script

Thanks by all

Thanks by your reply Allan

The BIOS was updated to the last version (F14) since january 2014, right now, I have checked the gigabyte's site looking by an update for my motherboard and the last version available is the F14

I used the Piker's script and the values 33 and 34 continue missing

Thanks by your patience

Hello Allan

Thanks by your reply

I have installed Windows and the P values 33 and 34 are not missing

I will attempt use the guide explained here in the post #1 and back with the report

Thanks in advanced

• Like 1

Hello Allan

Thanks by show interest

I can not create el SSDT, the last command shows a bug

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright © 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
             v6.6 Copyright © 2013 by † Jeroen
             v15.6 Copyright © 2013-2015 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

gDataPath: /Users/javalava/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data

Error: Invalid argument detected: 3400
Aborting ...
Done.

The last command is sudo ./ssdtPRGen.sh xxxx xx for put the values of the processor, in my case is a i5 2400, then the last command is sudo ./ssdtPRGen.sh 3400 95 and after of confirm shows the bug more above

Ideas?

Thanks in advanced

Hello Allan

Thanks by your reply

Success creating the SSDT but the P values 33 and 34 continuing missing

This is my report after of attempt 4 different tests, and for each test i leave you a file zip with the IOReg file and the terminal output file

Java Lava - P States - Clover.zip --> This test was done with the Clover generating the P-States

Java Lava - P States - SSDT.zip  --> This test was done with a SSDT generating the P-States

Time back, more or less 1 year, i was attempting activate the P-States on this same hackintosh running Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and was thanks to Maniac10 that did me the suggestion for use a IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext modifying the data inside of the file iMac12,2.plist with the data from a Macbook Pro, then now i did the same and the report was this

Java Lava - P States - Clover - Hybrid kext.zip --> This test was done with Clover generating the P-States and IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext hybrid

Java Lava - P States - SSDT - Hybrid kext.zip  --> This test was done with a SSDT generating the P-States and IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext hybrid

Thanks in advanced

Hello.

I looked into SSDT and Clover results, and the power management is right. But the "hybrid" power management, no.

You can try generate a new SSDT with some workarounds.

E.g: 

./ssdtPRGen.sh 3400 95
  • Like 1

If your CPU is OC'ed you have to enter your oc clock right?

Thanks by show interest OSBeast but I am working on a processor different to that appears in my signature, a few post more back i did mention on the processor that i am working that is a i5-2400

Hello.

I looked into SSDT and Clover results, and the power management is right. But the "hybrid" power management, no.

You can try generate a new SSDT with some workarounds.

E.g: 

./ssdtPRGen.sh 3400 95

Hello Allan

I am attempting create a SSDT with workarounds the more complete possible but i have conflicts using the letters, this is the SSDT with the workarounds that i would like create, but i can not, because some workarounds shows the error invalid argument

./ssdtPRGen.sh -b 1600 -b Mac-942B59F58194171B -c 0 -f 3100 -l 4 -m iMac12,2 -p i5-2400 -t 3400 -t 95

I can not add the base frequency and turbo frequency

Update, i am getting the wave the base frequency is -bclk and turbo frequency is -turbo

I will back with te report

Thanks in advanced

Hello Allan

Before of attempt use the SSDT with workarounds, i made a comparation with the SSDT generated automatically

and I saw 2 differences, in the SSDT generated automatically the busFrequency is 100 and the turboStates is 3 and on the SSDT with workarounds the busFrequency is 1600 and the turboStates is 0

Is possible modify those values with workarounds?, i was watching in terminal using ~/ssdtPRGen.sh -h but not specifies how

Thanks in advanced

Oops, sorry Java Lava. The workarounds is only for Ivy Bridge. I did not pay attention.  :blush:

For you, we can try another things, but now I will not be in my house, I will go fishing with my family. 

I see you tonight, or tomorrow.  ;)

• Like 1

Hello Allan

Thanks by your reply

I was reading the guide recommend by you and basically is enable from the BIOS the C-States, but this is for the installation, anyway did and the P values 33 and 34 continue missing

They are attempting get more P-States patching the AppleCPUPM using a script (for mother ASUS) or patching the BIOS. I did a research a bit more deeply and patch the BIOS is very advanced for me and in addition there can not see a tutorial about how make this

By another side i have noticed that the AppleLPC.kext is not loading ... :( ... is very frustrating ...

I have attempted several things for load the LPC

Patching the DSDT, changing the line device to compatible on the DSDT, attempt add the device-id inside of AppleLPC.kext but was not necessary, even into clover i did a Force Load but without luck

if you more ideas for get the P values 33 and 34 tell me

About the AppleLPC i will make another thread

Thanks in advanced