Power management for Sandy/Ivy Bridge/Haswell CPUs

Pimentel

533 posts in this topic

ok I ran the script, got a i3 -2357m sandy bridge, but the output of that script is basically a plain txt file. don't I have to convert that back into an SSDT.aml ?

Also where do I put the file for clover and what settings do I use for both chameleon and clover after? 

I am moving to clover because my laptop supports uefi, but still trying to work out the bugs.

the instructions seems to not mention reconverting and while I understand that it would go into extra in chameleon I still need to know what to put in the chameleon.org boot list file.

terramir

Run this command in Terminal:

curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh

And this:

chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh

The file will be in your Library/ssdtPRGen - You can find in your HDD/yourname/Library/ssdtPRGen

the original ssdt is written in the same language as the dsdt, but stored on the computer is a compiled file it is not human readable we use tools to decompile it. Then to edit then it is compiled again at least with dsdt.

terramir 

Hmmm.

After that we use the right tools, the bootloader will load the file as a priority, and the other original ACPI tables are not loaded.

This happens with DSDT and SSDT.

well actually no the dsdt is recompiled before being placed in either extra (chameleon) or acpi patched (clover) but in the instructions there is not recompliation for the ssdt which is strange. I would like the original thread starter to comment on this or someone else besides allan . need some more $.02 here.

terramir  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, so after compiling an SSDT for my system (sig below) using this guide, I installed it in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, but on the next boot I keep getting stuck on a black screen. Booting in verbose mode displays no kernel panics, which makes me think there aren't any. I can't, however, get to the desktop regardless. My assumption is that somehow my graphics aren't loading. Without an SSDT, everything runs smoothly albeit without c & p states/turbo. That's basically where I'm stuck at right now, and if anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

P.s. I tried uploading my DSDT, SSDT, and config.plist but I wasn't allowed to. If need be I can upload them somewhere else.

For upload files here, read this: How to upload files or kexts.

Thanks Allan! So, to add to my post here are my SSDT, DSDT, and config files...

DSDT.aml.zip

SSDT.aml.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I have 2 ssdt. First was generated by instruction in first post:

and second..i don't know:

First is not working with my i5-3337U, second yes. Where is mistake that your instruction not working for me?

Hi Gynekolog,

u can upload to another cloud? e.g: box.com, dropbox.com, medifire.com,....

I do not dowload that file :D

Tks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Pimentel

I have troubles for generate the ssdt following your guide

when i want apply the last command 

sudo ./ssdtPRGen.sh with the data for my processor  sudo ./ssdtPRGen.sh 3900 84 the terminal shows this error

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright © 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
             v6.6 Copyright © 2013 by † Jeroen
             v15.6 Copyright © 2013-2015 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <
gDataPath: /Users/sergio/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data
Error: Invalid argument detected: 3900
Aborting ...
Done.

Now if i ignore this last command i can see in Extra that the SSDT was created successfully with the correct info about the turbo frequency and the TDP but when i want use this SSDT my machine is stuck in this place

2/24/15 6:52:14.000 PM kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Ideas?

The configuration of my system is

CPU: i7 4770

Motherboard: GA-Z97M-D3H

Graphics card: Intel HD4600

BIOS: Last version

Bootloader: Clover last version

Thanks in advanced

post-900931-0-97058000-1424815198_thumb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
Hello at all.
Greetings hot Allan and Pimentelx86.

Works speedstep?
On imac 12.2 smbios and SSDT made by Allan.
I changed the video card ( r9 270x ) and use clover 3185.

Screen AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext
( in running Geekbench 64-bit )

post-332936-0-28930500-1426629064_thumb.png

Hi all ,

My PC : i3-3220 - vga ati 5450 - 10.9 

i patched AICPM in post #1 , and generate SSDT with " ./ssdtPRGen.sh -w 3 " and use SMBIOS iMac13,2 and boot flag : -xcpm but i have 4 p-state : " 16 24 28 33 "   

i change SMBIOS to Macbookpro9,2 , Macmini6,2 , Macpro3,1 , Macpro5,1, Macbookair5,2 but the same , it's allway 4 p-state , pls help me increase it.

I attached : config.plist , dsdt , ssdt , ioreg .

pstate.png

Archive.zip

Hello Allan

Recently i installed Yosemite 10.10.2 running on an i5 2400 and a motherboard gigabyte h77m-d3h using the Profile of a iMac 12,2 and i would like know if my P-States have correctly the values but i think that they are ideals

I used the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext and your guide

The weird that i did not modifications, is possible?. Could you check the file attached and see if the P-States are ideals

P-States values Java Lava.zip

I leave you attached the terminal output file

Thanks in advanced

Is missing 33 and 34 values. Not a big deal, but it would be interesting to have these values.

What methods you are using for the power management?

Thank you by your reply

I think that the values 33 y 34 are missing by a problem BIOS, the setup have until the multiplier 32

I am using the the Clover and the bootloader is generating the P and C States

Have you a suggestion for do?

Thanks in advanced