Mac App Store access with NullEthernet.kext

RehabMan

136 posts in this topic

hi all

I really need some step by step help, as I'm a complete nube to this...

i have a wacom companion 2 that i have successfully managed to follow the guide on here to install Yosemite.

After much scratching of my head and research I've now got my usb wifi working ... however for the life of me i can't get my app store to accept my login...

Ive tried in earnest to follow everything on here, guides on youtube and google...

I have installed the .kext files using kext wizard and rebuild everything ... I have placed the ssdt-rmne.aml file in the efi/clover/acpi/patched ... however i don't know/understand what i do with the patch.txt file ... I've installed MaciASL tools ... but thats as far as i get ... all the youtube help I've found uses EFiStudio to bring up ethernet info, but mine has no ethernet info ...

the macs system report under ethernet just says ..This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed.[/size]

Make sure SortedOrder refers to SSDT-RMNE.aml if you're using it.

Make sure you rebuild network interfaces as described in the README.

• Like 1

yeh thats the guide I've been trying to follow I'm either too new this or a bit thick or both ... I'm not getting what  i do with the patch.txt fie 

In order to cause the kext to be loaded, you need to apply the DSDT patch provided in patch.txt. It adds a fake device ‘RMNE’ which the driver will attach to.

i haven't applied  the patch i Placed in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ssdt-X.aml where 'X' is some number that you're not already using for SSDTs.

i have reset network interfaces ...

in my prefs wifi is connected green but ethernet is orange and still not showing in system report about this mac ?

• 2 months later...

I have a MacBook Air running El Capitan which has a intermittently functioning WiFi card. Mostly not working and as a result cannot log into App store. Found this forum and have been trying to use the nullethernet.kext as described but having no luck.

I ran DPCIManager->PCIList and my wifi card is not showing at all. Because of this I understand I will have to use Clover. I quote your response from post #85:

"
If not, you would need to "hack the Mac"... eg. use a hackintosh bootloader (Clover) that allows you to provide a patched DSDT or SSDT. That's the only way to make the kext load and make the device appear built-in".

I downloaded Clover but when I attempt to install it it reports that it is not compatible with my OS. I decided to live dangerously and say install anyway but the installation failed.

Not sure what to do at this point. Any guidance/help would be greatly appreciated. 

I have a MacBook Air running El Capitan which has a intermittently functioning WiFi card. Mostly not working and as a result cannot log into App store. Found this forum and have been trying to use the nullethernet.kext as described but having no luck.

I ran DPCIManager->PCIList and my wifi card is not showing at all. Because of this I understand I will have to use Clover. I quote your response from post #85:

"If not, you would need to "hack the Mac"... eg. use a hackintosh bootloader (Clover) that allows you to provide a patched DSDT or SSDT. That's the only way to make the kext load and make the device appear built-in".

I downloaded Clover but when I attempt to install it it reports that it is not compatible with my OS. I decided to live dangerously and say install anyway but the installation failed.

Not sure what to do at this point. Any guidance/help would be greatly appreciated. 

Before you attempt to install Clover to your system, you should get it booting from USB.

So create a Clover USB and test first...

Part of the trick with booting your Mac with Clover is making sure that most all hackintosh features are turned off in Clover. And that any configuration represents your actual Mac data (SMBIOS for example).

I used it to boot my Apple MacBookAir6,2, so I know it is possible, but I did that just for testing, not long term use.

So I should install Clover on a usb device, and then try and boot my laptop from the usb device. Does this usb device have to have the Mac OS on it or will Clover use the OS already installed on my laptop?

The USB would only have Clover UEFI on it.

FYI...

Update 2016-12-16

A new build is up. This version can be installed without any tweaks to ACPI, and even without a PCI device to attach to. Simply i install NullEthernetForce.kext along with NullEthernet.kext. Read the README for further details.