OS X 10.6.8 in HP Compaq DC7100 CMT

TheNuutti8

30 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello dcai777, quick question. Do you think it's possible to install Lion on p4 optiplex gx280?  I've been trying for a long time and can't seem to find a solution.  I've got snow leopard 10.6.8 running on it at the moment.  All the kernels ive tried don't work.  Can you shed some light please?

• 1 month later...

You should post that kind of query in a separate thread.

Lion requires a dual core 64bit CPU. Dell Optiplex GX280 is based on Intel Grantsdale 915G chipset which means legacy/single core 32bit CPU only. Forget anything above SL. Very old and obsolete hardware by now.

Actually, you might be able to install like lion dp1 on p4 but i dont think it would be worth it. As I stated on a another forum, P4 is a 32 bit chip and Lion DP1 works with CoreDuo Macmini's so if mr Blaggah is ready to use old developer version as his main OS, go and do that. I'm not gonna help him out with that, i have no idea how to even manage to do it on P4... :D but dp1 lion has both 32 bit kernel and userland. DP2 or newer and there is no 32 bit userland. Also some apps can fail to install on dev versions. You have been warned.

-Nuudz