• Memory / 4.0 GB
  • Hard Drive 1000 GB
  • Operating System SL ?
  • Optical Drive ASUS Blue-Ray
  • Graphics Processor ASUS EAH6850 V2
  • Cache Type L2 cache
  • Cache Size 1.0 MB

Which distro, which kexts etc.

Only problem is, that i dont have disk space in my windows pcs. I would like to make the stick with my macbook/mac mini

Ok. My dell latitude has only 30gb hdd... And that HP's hdd is empty...

Hello

Buy a new HDD and install OSX

Don't forget check that sollution i gave to you... it's very usefull...

I checked that. The problem with Dells ssd is, that it is an PATA 1.8" ssd... :-(

I will make myhack way. HP is now in parts, because ram and graphics are now in my friends pc, which graphics and ram broke... Gonna do it as vanilla as possible...

Well well well.

Pc is now in condition, running FC20 KDE for now, until I can find the kexts for SL...

So, what kexts do I need? What kernel, boot disk: modcd or i Boot legacy?

And how to upgrade to 10.6.8. I have 10.6.3 DVD image on my MacBook, backup from one old SL retail dvd.

1. Why don't you guess why it sensors iB00t?

2. try the mod cd

3. if you can install + boot with a modcd then you can update like any other mac. download the combo update from apple.

FYI, the graphics probably will not work properly until 10.6.8

• Like 1

I need an working kext for Broadcom 5751! I need internet on that hackintosh! Is there a kext, what works OoTB without manual ip-adress stuff etc.

It runs ModUSB edited 10.6.8 (I updated it..). Graphics work great with stock kexts of 10.6.8.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well well well... I got rid of DC7100 and P4Hack666.69. I bought a Mac Pro 2007 at tuesday with these specs:

2x Dual Core Intel Xeon 2.66GHz

ATI x1900 512Mb GPU

4Gb DDR2-667 FB-DIMM

1Tb Seagate Barracuda (one from DC7100) (OSX drive)

1Tb WD Caviar Green (Windows drive)

250Gb Seagate Barracuda (stock) (Buffer drive)

IDE SuperDrive

SATA SuperDrive (Was a pain in the butt to install, works well...)

OS X Lion 10.7.5

Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 x64 (Was also a pain in the butt to install, but it actually works :D)

Thanks for everybody, who had helped me with my P4 setups, long life OSx86, Dell Latitude D430 Hackintosh is still in use :D

(edit. TheNuuttti8/16082014 DC7700 is now in active use as my linux box, gonna get 8gb ram and new gpu and then...)

Edited by TheNuutti8

NOOOOOOOO can I have your mobo? :P

cause my Core 2 Quad build just died... :(

JK. maybe.

And if you get a new video card, you can use Charmelon and install Mavericks (and Yosemite when it comes out) on your MP.

• Like 1

Sorry, there was some blown caps in the mb, so it went to electronics recycle center. What card to buy for installing Yosemite?

Any supported card (like your old 6850 or the nvidia 8xxx to the nvidia 7xx or the amd hd 4xxx to the r9 290x) will work, along with a Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS or later

• Like 1

If you really want a DC7100 Cmt motherboard, here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-DC7100-CMT-Motherboard-365865-001-775-P4-3-00GHz-/200507994015

You should still buy a DC7700 mobo and new gpu because then you have core2duo support.

What about my windows install?