WindowServer Crashes Even After New Pandora Install

0mar32

10 posts in this topic

Please help me guys,

I was having a problem with my previous install where the WindowServer task crashes multiple times per hour while using my mackintosh so I opted to try a new install via Pandora(P.S. my old install was with Pandora!) and on the first boot while doing some adjustments to the settings, WindowServer task crashed again so please check out my attached WindowServer crash report and tell me what's causing it.

Thanks in advance.

WindowServer_2014-01-22-233841_Omars-iMac.crash.zip

Any help, please

BTW I tried just now installing via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] just to exhaust all my options and the same thing happened so I'm currently unable to pinpoint the source of the problem!

i think I'm unable to help but I'm willing to share my experiences with odd windowserver behavior . When it crashes on your system, does it successfully recover? Like you get kicked of and return back to the login screen? Sometimes when my screen locks, and I'm no longer able to logoff or restart, ssh'ing into my machine and restarting the window server by killall -HUP brings me back to the login screen, your GPU and what connector output's are used (and multi-monitor setup) also make a difference here. 

i think I'm unable to help but I'm willing to share my experiences with odd windowserver behavior . When it crashes on your system, does it successfully recover? Like you get kicked of and return back to the login screen? Sometimes when my screen locks, and I'm no longer able to logoff or restart, ssh'ing into my machine and restarting the window server by killall -HUP brings me back to the login screen, your GPU and what connector output's are used (and multi-monitor setup) also make a difference here.

Ok, when it crashes, i do recover each time, maybe once in million that it doesn't recover, never tried to SSH, I'll try that next time.

My GPU is an MSI Geforce GTX 560Ti Hawk Edition, and i use the DVI, and Mini HDMI ports for a multi-monitor setup between my TV and my 23” monitor

okay i can also add my logs always fill with this type of messages

Feb  9 14:24:26 OSX86.local ResolutionTab[353]: HIToolbox: received notification of WindowServer event port death.
Feb  9 14:24:26 OSX86.local VMware Fusion Start Menu[343]: port matched the WindowServer port created in BindCGSToRunLoop
Feb  9 14:24:26 OSX86.local HyperDock Helper[344]: port matched the WindowServer port created in BindCGSToRunLoop
Feb  9 14:24:26 OSX86.local com.apple.internetaccounts[351]: port matched the WindowServer port created in BindCGSToRunLoop
Feb  9 14:24:26 OSX86.local NotificationCenter[314]: HIToolbox: received notification of WindowServer event port death.
Feb  9 14:24:26 OSX86.local firefox[1311]: CGError CGSGetDisplaySystemState(uint64_t, CGSDisplaySystemState **): MIG error 0xfffffecc: (ipc/mig) server died

this is when it recovers and i get kicked off, the [353] might somehow be involved but I'm not sure. Maybe overriding the EDID for your display with Andy's tool helps in your setup.