Dell xps 17 l702x i5

dave20v

72 posts in this topic

hi mate

i have everything working on the dell all but one thing!! this intel 3000 gpu!!

most i can get is 1280x1024 and only 64mb memory!? tried everything injected dual link but cant get gpu acceleration!!

any good links or u know anyone else uve been talking to with similar issues that could help?

hi guys   :)

@ dave02v

If you have a question please do your best to use the search feature and search the forum before creating a new topic.

there are 2 "versions" of Intel HD 3000 (desktop / laptop) and in most cases it works OOB, at least on recent OS X

but sometimes it must be done via DSDT Method or by adding some kexts from a previous release.

good luck  ;)

still no joy

only showing 64mb shared memory device is 0126

in SMBios I cant boot using macbookpro 8,1 so im using mac mini 5,1 seems to boot ok

but resolution is only 1280x1024

ive put dual link in DSDT I know im missing something but don't know what!!

anyone?

Hello

Look, some mobo isn't so compatible like we think...

Also, have something called Chipset. It cause many proeblems about Graphic and powermanament...

A exemple is my mobo. I had problems with powermanagement, only removing Scope_PR from my DSDT and add flag -xcpm in org.chameleon... i get powermanagement.

Saw? Each mobo have your own problems... Now... you need discover what is your mobo problem.

and what steps do i need to go down to find mobos issues?

im sure with it been a dell its more of a generic motherboard with dell been a massive company

in dsdt editor its not showing any errors just few warnings

and power management seems to be working fine

Hello

Testing... it only way to find problems... my DSDT don't show any problem too, but i only get 2 states instead of 6 states.

Your problems isn't power management is graphic... maybe chipset given this problem to you, maybe not, but you need make tests...

• 1 month later...