Please help me with DSDT errors fixing

simonleungs

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have a Asus F450J 14" laptop which I've installed Mavericks on it , but the on-board display  Intel HD 4600 did not work, I need to use DSDT method to make it works. Unfortunately I was stuck in fixing errors, I've Google some articles to fix some of the errors, but there still part of them left. 

Can anyone help me to fix them? Thank you ! 

Sorry for my poor English...

dsdt.zip

Hi everyone, I have a Asus F450J 14" laptop which I've installed Mavericks on it , but the on-board display  Intel HD 4600 did not work, I need to use DSDT method to make it works. Unfortunately I was stuck in fixing errors, I've Google some articles to fix some of the errors, but there still part of them left. 

Can anyone help me to fix them? Thank you ! 

Sorry for my poor English...

With the newer machines, disassembling the DSDT properly is very important. Use iasl's '-e' option to reference the SSDTs for proper disassembly.

eg, with all DSDT/SSDT in one directory:

iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml
You must use a recent build of iasl. I maintain a repo for building from Intel source: https://github.com/RehabMan/acpica
  • Like 1

I am sorry, as I am new to osx86 I don't know how to use iasl... is there some tutorial for me ? and can I do it under windows? Thank you for your help~!

iasl can be used on Windows (or Unix or Linux, etc), but I don't know where to get builds for Windows (use google). As stated above, I build my own from sources (link provided). I suggest you try and see how it goes.

• Like 1

How can I use with yours'?  Thank You

(I am not a native English speaker, there maybe some issues I don't understand....)

You need to build it. You will need xcode installed. Then you can download the source (use the ZIP button on github), or use 'git clone'. The make your current-working-directory the directory of the unzipped files and type 'make'.

Otherwise, you might use google/search for a recent iasl already built.

• 1 month later...

hi there, im trying to disassemble mine, i have 6 ssdt when i pulled it from aida in windows. do they have to be renamed ssdt0, ssdt1, etc?

The iasl disassembler has no dependencies on the names of the binaries.