GTX 770 / Z87 OC - No Graphics Support? I've tried [almost] everything.

i7Driftz

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys! This is my first post, so please tolerate my noobishness. I will preface by saying that I've browsed and searched every forum for hours to try and find a solution.

Here's my build:

Intel i7 4770k (3.5GHz)

Ga Z87 OC Mobo

EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ACX Cooling

12GB GSkill Sniper 1600Mhz RAM (Waiting on another 4GB stick)

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (Primary Drive - Running Win7)

1.5TB WD Black - (I have this set up with a 1TB FAT data partition between Windows and OSX + a 500GB partition for OSX)

Alright, down to the dirty work..

I have Mavericks loaded with Ethernet and audio working, but graphics is a {censored} shoot.

Most of what I've read validates that my card should just work right out the box.

I did have to move all the kexts related to intel drivers into a backup folder because it was preventing boot.

Here's what I've tried.

Nvidia CUDA drivers

using pandora's box to load generic nVidia support

I have my BIOS set to Init Display First PCI

-x -v -f

GraphicsEnabler=No

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

npci=0x3000

npci=0x2000

PCIRootUID=0

PCiRootUID=1

cpus=1

My system does recognize a nvidia card (7mb) but I have no graphics acceleration what-so-ever.

I'm so confused.. Anything helps!

Thank you in advance :)

• Like 1

Hey all,

I'm having the exactly same issue as OP. The only big difference for my system is that I have a 4770 (NOT K) and an AMD 7970GHz instead of an nVidia card. I have everything work except graphics, just like the OP.

A thing to note is that that I CANNOT boot with the Apple Intel graphics kexts. It gets stuck on Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport, but that doesn't happen if I remove the Apple Intel kexts. 

Also, with the boot flags GraphicsEnabler=No and IGPEnabler=Yes it shows my 7970 as Unknown with 7MB . If I switch it to GraphicsEnabler=Yes it shows my card during boot with -v, but it hangs after loading audio kexts. 

Thanks!

• Like 1