• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Kuebeker

Kuebeker

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

I've just added the fix'ed AMD 5870m driver. 

See bottom of main post.

Hey guys, just wondering what, if anything, has to be changed from your project here to make it work on a G73Jw. I understand that basically the only difference between mine and the Jh is that I have the NVIDIA 460M graphics card. Additionally, I've managed to get Mavericks installed, but it doesn't boot without my eye-boot drive, I have this awful klaxon-like noise from the speakers when I boot (guessing that's from the mic & speakers always being on? Managed to stop that by keeping my headphones plugged in), none of my USB 3.0 ports work, my keyboard's backlight/Fn functions don't work, and probably a bunch of other issues that I haven't come across yet, because I just got finished installing OS X.

New to the Hackintosh scene, so any assistance is greatly appreciated.

The fixes are most likely the same for your laptop except for your graphic. I will not be abel to help you. 

A hackintosh is not for the faint of heart. You will need to roll up your sleeves and hack your way to success. All the heavy work is done for this laptop. 

All your problems are fixable by patching your DSDT. Download the files and the open my dsdt.dsl. All my notes/fixes are in there you just have to apply them to your DSDT. 

Good luck!

I fixed everything with the kext provided in the first post! Everything works except the audio and other things like sleep, wake, backlights and other things related to the DSDT file.
I could not use the DSDT file provided in the first post because it makes me crash the system. To fix the sound I would like to understand how do I patch my DSDT with lines of code that I quote here.

I trust in your help

All your problems are fixable by patching your DSDT. Download the files and the open my dsdt.dsl. All my notes/fixes are in there you just have to apply them to your DSDT.

Good luck!

I found the bug. It's SoundFlower. IT craps out when watching Flash video. 

I'll be coding a simple slider to manage the Multi-output Device audio. Something Apple should have done!!!!! Thank you Apple for recycling PC programmers! 

:drool: For now  I can adjust sound from iTunes player volume  slider .works  good 

did you  code a simple slider for volume change ?

No not yet. But for sure I'll be doing it to get rid of SoundFlower. 

drone4zone

drone4zone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Hey Kuebeker....the 109.3 update killed my  Ati driver  any fixes ?

Kuebeker

Kuebeker

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

I'll say to you what I say to my daughter ... STOP UPDATING  :)

I'll se what I can do. It will take me some time, I'll have to update mine ( hint ) and see how to fix this.  

drone4zone

drone4zone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

thanks man .. :)

drone4zone

drone4zone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Any luck bro ?

drone4zone

drone4zone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Hey Kuebeker,

hope your summers going well,I reinstalled  back to 10.9.2 It seems stable but not sure why my keyboard will not illuminate after  wake from sleep ,it worked perfectly 10.9.1 

not sure if it's the  "AMD5000" kext or what ,can't seem to zero in on it ...freaking Apple  pisses me off ,Audio works fine,system is  pretty stable ,just that  side effect from sleep is bugging me i have to restart to get my keys to light up again ,I also removed "ACPIDebug.kext" not sure if this was needed thought it may be  reason  keys won't turn on after wake ,hmmm 

~cheers :moil:

drone4zone

drone4zone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

update ...seems the "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" gets new instructions during 10.9.2 and breaks your hard work on the  Audio native  kext you work so hard on ...hmmm

agin ..A...apple piss...109.2 breaks  keyboard illumination after wake from sleep ,adding the  original  "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" brings back the  keys iluminated back from sleep .but breaks the  

audio using "KUEBEKER "patched  AppleHDA.kext...Now we are @ 10.9.4 seems there is no way to update without  apple pukes...i'm rock solid @10.9.2

patching kexts is not my gig,using voodoo audio .

seems this thread is dead  sad  but true  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy