Asus G73JH-xx i7-740QM HD5870m - Mavericks 10.9.X

Kuebeker

94 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@joreng  hey  I got caught up with  my work  started to play around with  Yosemite   having same issues  as with Mavericks  mostly ATI5870 card  not  acting nice ,I since then added a  new wifi  AR wiFi  plus bluetooth I got from ebay for under $4  yeah  new from china ...hmmm shrugs at "Best buy" they will  be  upset that I did not buy from them at $70 plus.

I'm thinking the  AMD5000 kext needs to be patched  again in yosemite  version kexts  somehow the 10.9.2 version  {mavericks} kext is not working well ,I keep hearing  echo's from others that  CLOVER boot loader is the way to go to correct this  issue ,and supportive updates ...but  i'm old school  Chameleon ,and CLOVER seems like a pain to configure .If anyone has done so  with my  same Rig  "Asus G73JH" please share ,but those who do not have a Asus G73JH  please don't  add you  have and worked great and should work fine with your  Asus ...I don't want to waste time  at a dead end again

Cheers  

@joreng  hey  I got caught up with  my work  started to play around with  Yosemite   having same issues  as with Mavericks  mostly ATI5870 card  not  acting nice ,I since then added a  new wifi  AR wiFi  plus bluetooth I got from ebay for under $4  yeah  new from china ...hmmm shrugs at "Best buy" they will  be  upset that I did not buy from them at $70 plus.

I'm thinking the  AMD5000 kext needs to be patched  again in yosemite  version kexts  somehow the 10.9.2 version  {mavericks} kext is not working well ,I keep hearing  echo's from others that  CLOVER boot loader is the way to go to correct this  issue ,and supportive updates ...but  i'm old school  Chameleon ,and CLOVER seems like a pain to configure .If anyone has done so  with my  same Rig  "Asus G73JH" please share ,but those who do not have a Asus G73JH  please don't  add you  have and worked great and should work fine with your  Asus ...I don't want to waste time  at a dead end again

Cheers  

lazy me http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-guides/157059-guide-asus-g73jh-using-clover-uefi.html#post985229

@maromi

thanks for the link looks like a solution...I'm running yosemite now on old school  way...I just swapped out  mavericks  Radeon kexts ,(have sleep ,wake  working  great ) in s/l/e folder,and added the same tweaks as I did in  mavericks  updated 10.9.2 no sound yet ,I'm going to try this CLOVER  install seems  like it could work ,I will post my results 

cheers

@maromi

thanks for the link looks like a solution...I'm running yosemite now on old school  way...I just swapped out mavericks Radeon kexts ,(have sleep ,wake  working  great ) in s/l/e folder,and added the same tweaks as I did in mavericks updated 10.9.2 no sound yet ,I'm going to try this CLOVER  install seems  like it could work ,I will post my results

cheers

use the attached config.plist for clover is runs 15-20 degrees cooler and all p-states

config.plist.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All links in this thread are dead. Does anyone happen to have the kexts for G73JH-A1? Trying to get video, wifi, sound, etc. to work with Mavericks. Everything installed perfect using the Niresh Mavericks install, but cannot get wifi, sound, etc. to work. Thanks for any help you can provide.

All links in this thread are dead. Does anyone happen to have the kexts for G73JH-A1? Trying to get video, wifi, sound, etc. to work with Mavericks. Everything installed perfect using the Niresh Mavericks install, but cannot get wifi, sound, etc. to work. Thanks for any help you can provide.

original reposted

Asus.zip

I'll try to get the files back up soon. I'm still working on getting 10.10.3 audio working it's a pita! 

to get audio working with Clover using my config.plist

DSDT- IRQ patch, HDEF patch layout-12

kexts- AppleHDA5series,CodecCommander

i have been using this method since mavericks

I tried it but it does not work. 

oh well... if you use the AppleHDA5series.kext i made all you need to do is

-copy the verbs from your old patched HDA and paste into the Info.plist ConfigData key

-replace layout and platforms xml with the ones from the patched one

• 5 months later...

@maromi Great Job  ALL works 100%  just as you posted ...I had an issue but it was my bad..my flash drive was formatted to MBR from earlier use on my desktop ,I could not figure out why my UEFI was not showing up , it drove me mad for a whole day (laughs shakes head) ,finally I formatted it with Clover install method not Tmac<..and figured out how to fix the firmware SSD by attach drive to usb adapter then boot with menu UEFI,THEN it finally started showing up  with created file path in Bios  :thumbsup_anim:

Followed all your steps and everything works man !! 100% even sleeps works fantastic your configPlist runs very nicely at a cooler temp as you described to me earlier 

I'm throttling at 44C and 48 -55degrees C on load ,sound works as you said it would ,I'm not using  commander option ,that was  kinda weird to figure out ,but i do have sound ,without the sub woofer as you said ,I was wondering if you know how to enable that  cause my speakers do not work since I damaged the socket pulling the top off my laptop  .

I was ok with just the subwoofer since it sounded smooth ...Im not in a rush to try elCapitain,since there are  bugs,and you lose features I like 'like  in disk Utility fix permissions,debug view,and few others..Yosemite runs really nice  on this laptop ,much better than windows 10,and its solid  perfection,which is what I like in a quality  laptop 

now I can do my work rather than  work on my laptop to get the work done .....I tip my HAT to you my good fellow  MAROMI   :thumbsup_anim:

Cheerz,

the

DRONE4ZONE

another shout and thanks  as perfect updates ..now on 10.10.5 the last appStore update ,but I still get updates for other apps like FCP,Motion

:thumbsup_anim: