Intel HD 4600 Graphics Not Getting Detected On Mavericks.

kartiksibal`

19 posts in this topic

PC Specs:

Processor-Intel i5 4440.

Motherboard- Intel DB85Fl

RAM- Kingston 4Gb 1333mhZ

Onboard Intel HD 4600 graphics.

I have installed Mavericks using myHack and used ##### for post installation. Everything seems to work fine except the graphics. I still see 64mb of share vram instead of HD 4600 1024mb vram. Have tried Chameleon and clover but to no luck. Any solution or hint is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

may I guess: you can only boot in safe mode (-x)?

Try to boot via Chameleon with addional bootflags "GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=X" (substitue X with value 1 to 11 until you found correct framebuffer)

Good luck!

I have installed Mavericks using myHack and used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for post installation. Everything seems to work fine except the graphics. I still see 64mb of share vram instead of HD 4600 1024mb vram. Have tried Chameleon and clover but to no luck. Any solution or hint is appreciated.

Hi, read rules about Tonymac and his tools...

Change internal graphics memory in bios, set to 32 Mb and reboot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Hi,

may I guess: you can only boot in safe mode (-x)?

Try to boot via Chameleon with addional bootflags "GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=X" (substitue X with value 1 to 11 until you found correct framebuffer)

Good luck!

I am pretty much able to boot normally. And have tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=X, but that ends me up with a black screen. Any ideas with that?

Thanks

Hi, read rules about Tonymac and his tools...

Change internal graphics memory in bios, set to 32 Mb and reboot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I don't really have an option to change the internal graphics memory in my bios. Anything else you could suggest?

Thanks

I am pretty much able to boot normally. And have tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=X, but that ends me up with a black screen. Any ideas with that?

Erm, you shall enter a number instead of the X. One number will give screen - with the screens comes QE/CI and the video memory. (X = values 1 to 11)

IGP is set as primary adapter? Assigned video memory is 64MB (memory size only affect boot, osx will handle it independently)?

Argh! I was thinking of HD4000 and it's Capri-FB which has 11 values, but there are 15 vakues for Azul and HD4600, sorry.

Ah, Yeah i know! But none of the number seems to work. Anything else you could suggest?

Thanks

Update the boot loader, use Enoch binaries i386 folder (download section) and Chameleon Wizard (see picture)

Schermata 2014-01-04 alle 23.15.37.png

Reboot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and post a picture of graphics-displays (About this Mac-More info-System Report)

Schermata 2014-01-13 alle 10.35.18.png

Update the boot loader, use Enoch binaries i386 folder (download section) and Chameleon Wizard (see picture)

attachicon.gifSchermata 2014-01-04 alle 23.15.37.png

Reboot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and post a picture of graphics-displays (About this Mac-More info-System Report)

attachicon.gifSchermata 2014-01-13 alle 10.35.18.png

No luck with the i386. System Report:

nunurchkh9nnjip4g.jpg

Also, i tried "-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0 IntelAzulFB=12". With FB=10 I end up with a black screen and with FB>10 I end up with this:

510tjcvj55bnfnz4g.jpg

Any idea what is actually happening?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Any luck got this resolved?

I have just exactly the same issue.

With: i5-4440 GA-Z87N-wifi.

I have:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)