Can't get OpenGL/QE for Intel HD 4000, stucks at boot screen

Yasin38

19 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've installed Mavericks 10.9.1 on my system.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 3570K

ASRock Z77 Pro3

2x4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz

Samsung 840 SSD 120GB

Intel HD 4000

Now, after installing I've booted from the USB Stick and installed the kexts with ##### using ##### + these additional settings:

- ALC892 (without DSDT)

- USB 3.0 - Universal

- Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v.0.0.90

- Chimera v2.2.1

- PCI Root ID Fix

- 1080p Display Mode

- Mac Pro 3,1 Definition

Now, everything is working except of the OpenGL/QE acceleration of my Intel HD 4000. I tried lots of things to get it work, but it didn't.

After that I installed the newest Enoch Build. I tried using the IntelCapriFB boot flag.

I tried different boot flags, but after trying some, the system didn't boot anymore. The loading circle is spinning, but it doesn't go further. I tried typing -v while booting, it sticks at this point: Missing Bluetooth Transport Controller!

I tried formatting the system, but it's the same! I can only boot with -x now.

Now, how can I enable OpenGL/QE acceleration without damaging the system?

I hope you can help me!

Yasin38

Edited by fantomas1
Hi, we don't support tonymacx86 tools. If you have some issue, please contact the owner for more infos. Cordially

Hi and welcome!

If I got it right, you have already switched to chameleon bootloader (instead of it's mispatched tony-clone)?

Have tried to boot with "-v -f GrapjicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapri=X" (value 1 to 11 for X)?

Is your monitor connected via HDMI or via vga/sub-d?

Hi and welcome!

If I got it right, you have already switched to chameleon bootloader (instead of it's mispatched tony-clone)?

Have tried to boot with "-v -f GrapjicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapri=X" (value 1 to 11 for X)?

Is your monitor connected via HDMI or via vga/sub-d?

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have already switched to Chameleon. I didn't try to boot like this yet, I'll do it later.

How do I know which value I have to put in IntelCapriFB?

My monitor is connected via HDMI.

PS.: I am from Germany too, maybe we could skype or something like that?

You have to figure out the right framebuffer via trial and error. Afaik is no methode to look up the FB value...

Do already know Chameleon Wizard?  Use it to change your SMBios (Mac Pro 3,1 is suboptimal - or ever less than that). A SMBios that matches better with your hardware will speed your system a bit.

• Like 1

You have to figure out the right framebuffer via trial and error. Afaik is no methode to look up the FB value...

Do already know Chameleon Wizard?  Use it to change your SMBios (Mac Pro 3,1 is suboptimal - or ever less than that). A SMBios that matches better with your hardware will speed your system a bit.

No, i never heard of it, but it sounds good. I will try it after I reinstalled the system with Myhack.

Can you reinstall without tonyshumcksx68 {censored}?

http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

I'll do it right now!

For IntelCapriFB=X you need to test them all (the only way) to know which is yours.

And since you have a Desktop, you'll try 5, 6 and 7 (eg: IntelCapriFB=5 IntelCapriFB=6 IntelCapriFB=7) See here for available numbers and possibilities and here to see why I told you 5-6-7 only (the table of values) and remember to test ALL THE PORTS YOU HAVE! and go to About This Mac to see the amount of ram given to your card.

You can use Chameleon Wizard (google it) to have an easy way to configure org.chameleon.boot.plist, remember to update it (this program and Chameleon itself) to have the latest options.

GOOD LUCK :D

• Like 1

I can't believe it!

I'm fascinated right now!

I just have installed Mavericks through Myhack and now EVERYTHING is working! I didn't have to change anything, my graphics were identified immediately!

I just had to install the network, audio and USB 3.0 kexts!

Thank you very much, I'll continue testing and I'll report it if I find something not working.

I love you all! :D

EDIT:

I just found out that if I set device-properties into "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" to get my App Store working, my graphics stop working --> everything is flickering again. When i delete this key and string my graphics are working, but the App Store doesn't.

How can I have both?

Please post your chameleon.plist, maybe there is a minor mistake

dcaj777 wasn't kidding when he told you to reinstall using MyHack. Those tonythings often patch one thing while breaking an other... Otherwise you will keep on patching everytime an update is out.

• Like 1

30 seconds of search, please,  use search engine of the forum before of post requesting  help, read,read,read....

iCloud/Facetime/AppStore login errors

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/45-tutorials-the-genius-bar/

But my problem is that if the App Store is working, my IGPU does not.

Please post your chameleon.plist, maybe there is a minor mistake

dcaj777 wasn't kidding when he told you to reinstall using MyHack. Those tonything often patches one thing while breaking an other... Otherwise you will keep on patching everytime an update is out.

Sorry, i didn't see that in the rules.

Here's my actual chameleon.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>PciRoot</key>
	<string>0</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

And this is the plist with the device-properties in it (with this my iGPU does not work):

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>PciRoot</key>
	<string>0</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>device-properties</key>
	<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0000000001010600051c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I just realized that I don't have a SMBios in /Extras. 

My System definition right now is iMac 12,1. Should I create a new SMBios with Chameleon Wizard? I don't want that my iGPU isn't working again :D

Try

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>IntelCapriFB</key>
	<string>yournumberhere</string>
	<key>EthernetBuildIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>PciRoot</key>
	<string>0</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

and replace yournumberhere with the correct number of your framebuffer

• Like 1

Try

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>IntelCapriFB</key>
	<string>yournumberhere</string>
	<key>EthernetBuildIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>PciRoot</key>
	<string>0</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

and replace yournumberhere with the correct number of your framebuffer

I tried from 0-11, none of them is working.

Does it have anything to do with the SMBIOS? I think I don't have a SMBIOS.

Have you read the thread iFIRE mentioned?

Try adding <key>EthernetBuildIn</key><string>Yes</string> instead of device property...

EthernetBuildIn is already in the plist.

I've read it, but I can't find a solution for my problem in this thread.

EDIT:

Sorry, I now tested it without device-properties.

Graphics are working, App Store doesn't.

EthernetBuildIn is already in the plist.

I've read it, but I can't find a solution for my problem in this thread.

EDIT:

Sorry, I now tested it without device-properties.

Graphics are working, App Store doesn't.

Isn't it EthernetBuiltIn, not BuildIn?

• Like 1

Yes that's correct, it's EthernetBuiltIn, with a t.

You, at the back of the class. There's no need to explicitly set the PCI Root to 0, zero is the default!

And it's PCIRootUID, not PCIRoot. You can verify this here:

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/i386/boot2/boot.h   

So that would be PCIRootUID=1 if that was supposed to do anything. Historically, this was needed on Gigabyte and MSI motherboards. Normally not on ASUS or ASRock boards.

The device properties string you're using contains the PCIRootUID from the PC it was generated on. I suspect you copied and pasted it in instead of generating it yourself.

The reason why that breaks GraphicsEnabler is because GraphicsEnabler also depends on the PCI Root being correct, and in that device-properties string you're using, it is wrong.

The only reason why a device properties string would work where EthernetBuiltIn=y does not, is when Chameleon is unable to detect the PCI Root correctly and defaults to 0 when the value should be 1. But for that situation we have the PCIRootUID override.

Using a device properties string for ethernet is a relic of the past, from way back when Chameleon did not yet have the EthernetBuiltIn flag.

Just set GraphicsEnabler and EthernetBuiltIn = y and I think you're good. Delete the PCIRoot key and string.

I just realized that I don't have a SMBios in /Extras. 

If the folder is named "Extras" Chameleon will not read its contents. The folder must be named Extra.

• Like 2

Yes that's correct, it's EthernetBuiltIn, with a t.

You, at the back of the class. There's no need to explicitly set the PCI Root to 0, zero is the default!

This key was already set when I installed Mavericks with myHack.

And it's PCIRootUID, not PCIRoot. You can verify this here:

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/i386/boot2/boot.h    <- "PCIRoot" does not exist.

So that would be PCIRootUID=1 if that was supposed to do anything. Historically, this was needed on Gigabyte and MSI motherboards. Normally not on ASUS or ASRock boards.

The device properties string you're using contains the PCIRootUID from the PC it was generated on. I suspect you copied and pasted it in instead of generating it yourself.

The reason why that breaks GraphicsEnabler is because GraphicsEnabler also depends on the PCI Root being correct, and in that device-properties string you're using, it is wrong.

The only reason why a device properties string would work where EthernetBuiltIn=y does not, is when Chameleon is unable to detect the PCI Root correctly and defaults to 0 when the value should be 1. But for that situation we have the PCIRootUID override.

Using a device properties string for ethernet is a relic of the past, from way back when Chameleon did not yet have the EthernetBuiltIn flag.

Just set GraphicsEnabler and EthernetBuiltIn = y and I think you're good. Delete the PCIRoot key and string.

If the folder is named "Extras" Chameleon will not read its contents. The folder must be named Extra.

Yeah, I just mistyped it, it's Extra of course, I'm sorry :D

@ Gringo Vermelho and dcai777

Thank you very much! Now the app store is working! Just because of a little misspelling it didn't work! I can't tell you how thankful I am!

Sorry, the missing "T" was my fault. I'll stay in a corner, wearing a "donkey" labeled hat for the next hour, okay?

It wasn't only your fault, I had to control the code :D You don't have to be sorry, you were helping the whole time! Thank you very much!

Now, everything is working! That's a great community!

• Like 3