Radeon HD 5670 on Mavericks ?

ilkiii

23 posts in this topic

yes , I have the vendor and device ID and I tried to install this Kext : http://www.osx86.net/files/file/347-hd5670-codename-juniper/

it didn't work , but my vendor and device ID are in this kext

Xath9XJ.jpg

my problem is the AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext , because it shows many issues when I try to boot it with this kext 

R1XLNCt.jpg 

I deleted this kext from S/L/E , tried to boot with 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v and turned off InjectATI and VBios in Clover, but it still doesn't work

yes , I have the vendor and device ID and I tried to install this Kext : http://www.osx86.net/files/file/347-hd5670-codename-juniper/

it didn't work , but my vendor and device ID are in this kext

my problem is the AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext , because it shows many issues when I try to boot it with this kext 

I deleted this kext from S/L/E , tried to boot with 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v and turned off InjectATI and VBios in Clover, but it still doesn't work

I didn't understand what you installed and what you deleted? These kexts already present in system and you just kill system kexts.

The case is that the graphics card should have been recognized natively. Mine has the same device id that your rose nearly perfect video and no modifications or GE = Yes, nothing at all. Only had to use DSDT and edit AMD5000.kext to get use FB Baboon with the correct connectors. Maybe you should reinstall the Mavericks again without any kind of injection and after all ok from modifications to the kext if necessary. But do not use distros, make the original image on a thumb drive and, in my case, use bootloader Clover with total ease, just a little reading ...

My modified kext can not work on your graphics card and depends on activation by injection Clover or DSDT. By Chameleon never got FB. I passasr everything for you so you can try but no guarantees, ok?

Install the kext with Kext Utility and insert the patch I'm sending in your DSDT or enable injection Clover by making the necessary changes to get the FB Baboon. But remember it may not solve for you. Incidentally, you need to say what are the connectors of the graphics card and the order in which they are from the PCI-E slot, ie, the part next to the motherboard.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y56yn1

Yes, but first tell about the connectors.

To say what are the connectors and their order just look at your graphics card connected.

I forgot to mention that it might be more difficult to make it work for you using a modified kernel for AMD. I think I read that somewhere ...

so , i opened up my computer and my card is in a pci slot

and i use it with vga

G6URytc.jpg

i'll be back in a minute when i built up and booted mac again

i'm back now, i downloaded the DSDT editor and I'm searching my HD 5670

can you help me with the dsdt editor ? 

I didn't understand what you installed and what you deleted? These kexts already present in system and you just kill system kexts.

---UPDATE---

I reinstalled Mavericks today and now it finds my graphics card and it works now.

Thanks for the support !!

ilkiii, i'm glad you have your graphics card recognized but now that way it is now does not have 100% support. The video worked but with generic framebuffer, so you see the HD 5000 system information. My graphics card was exactly the same way. I wonder if you are using DSDT, Chameleon injection or Clover, or something. I know that the card is recognized natively, without the need for any injection, but, as I said, this is not 100%. The  frame buffer most suitable for our graphics cards is the Baboon. With it you will have support for all connectors, slightly better performance and lower temperatures. 

Take a good read to this post to know what are the sense ids for your graphics card. I have edited the kext AMD5000controler and everything is ok for me now. You can also keep untouched kext and inject the correct values ​​for the connectors through the settings of Clover.

• 2 months later...

Hi i am having the same problem i am searching for help....

i have reinstalled Mavericks Several times..

I am using Clover... Niresh mavericks..in MBR partition

i am only able to login with Safebooting..

5cyoig.png