Haswell Laptop Shutdown Issue. Help!

Demonbane

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I have a Haswell laptop (specs: i5-4200U + Intel 8 Series Chipset Family), which can almostly perfectly run Mavericks now. and only a shutdown problem remains:

After that i click shutdown, the sreen will be turned off, but the power can't be shut off, and same with the keybord light. How shoulld i probably fix it in my DSDT?

in addition: i'm using Clover with the argument <KernelPM>, so that i thought that XCPM is in charge of the power management.

and smbios: MacbookAir 6.2. With a SSDT, which was generated by using PRGen, the SpeedStepping works also totally fine. 

and my laptop can't sleep deeply, just turn off the screen while sleeping. i don't know if it's also related to the shutdown issue.

here is my dsdt.dsl DSDT.dsl.zip

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately this isn't working and also SpeedStepping isn't working when using the patched Kernel.

System alsways stays on after shut down. Screen turns of but keyboard backlight is still on and it is not truly shuttong down.

Update

Obviously shutdown works when using Chameleon. But since you have to use a patched kernel with this bootloader SpeedStepping will not work then! 

As shutdown also doesn't work when using Clover and the patched kernel, the source of the problem seems to be Clover or in other words: Chameleon has something that enables shutdown while Clover does not!

But what exactly that is?,...still mysterious!  :unsure: