Testers needed: CPU Power Management for SB and IB Xeon(s) or i7-39xx on X79 or C60x chipset

• Please log in to reply
565 replies to this topic

david_osx

david_osx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

ok stinga11 i would like to try clover patch instead so future updates of os x 10.10 won't break the system unless apple change the hex :P now not sure how but should i add these lines to my config file.. manually add the lines to the section Kernel and kext patch..?

update*

got it now thanks for the help :D

J Lamp

J Lamp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

stinga11;

I used your aicpm patch (one line at a time in terminal) and it worked great, thanks!

I have since done a new install with Clover and I'm trying your Clover Kernel and Kext patches without success. I have kext patching for audio and for trim support working, so I know I have that mostly functional.

I'm using the same SSDTs as previously, so I know they work.

I am using the Clover MSR patch, which I understand was recently fixed, either way I figured I'd get a KP if it wasn't.

X86PlatformShim is loading at startup, but my 3930k is still sitting at 3.5 GHz.

I'm unsure where to look next.

Suggestions?

stinga11

stinga11

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Music teacher in public schools

stinga11;

I used your aicpm patch (one line at a time in terminal) and it worked great, thanks!

I have since done a new install with Clover and I'm trying your Clover Kernel and Kext patches without success. I have kext patching for audio and for trim support working, so I know I have that mostly functional.

I'm using the same SSDTs as previously, so I know they work.

I am using the Clover MSR patch, which I understand was recently fixed, either way I figured I'd get a KP if it wasn't.

X86PlatformShim is loading at startup, but my 3930k is still sitting at 3.5 GHz.

I'm unsure where to look next.

Suggestions?

Which motherboard you have?

J Lamp

J Lamp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Which motherboard you have?

Whoops, sorry for the lack of info there, X79-UD5, Bios F13W, currently running Yosemite.

As I said, the original patch of aicpm worked great. Using a clean install with original kexts and patches from Clover I now have everything working except PM.

EDIT: FYI, I just installed the patched Yosemite AICPUPM kext from my backup and it works great. I still however, would prefer to get the Clover patch working

stinga11

stinga11

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Whoops, sorry for the lack of info there, X79-UD5, Bios F13W, currently running Yosemite.

As I said, the original patch of aicpm worked great. Using a clean install with original kexts and patches from Clover I now have everything working except PM.

EDIT: FYI, I just installed the patched Yosemite AICPUPM kext from my backup and it works great. I still however, would prefer to get the Clover patch working

The clover automatic msr patcher doesn't work with x79 platform

stinga11

stinga11

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Guys, I made a new thread for yosemite.

Sandy Bridge-E & Ivy Bridge-E Power management 10.10 Yosemite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy