6 replies to this topic

max4143

max4143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Good day everyone!

Since we're working at work with, like original {censored} expensive imacs, I thought I want to get a hackintosh so I dont have to habit of my new habits (I dont think that was proper english, doesn't it?) every week from windows to mac again.

So I already posted a thread in the german section, but I think I'll get more recommendations and informations from the english Forum.

I also extended my buying list, I would really appreciating it, if someone could take a deep look at it, so here it is:

MoBos:

ASUS M5A78L-M/usb3 (would like to use that, since I already have it, if possible)

Asus P8Q67-M
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H LGA
MSI 7758-080R Mainboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H

CPUs:
Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz
Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge 3770 3.4GHz
I wanted to buy a Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 but people already told me it should have bad support

Graphic Cards:
EVGA 03G-P4-2664-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB
ASUS R9280X-DC2-3GD5
I would like one for like "casual-games"

SSDs(Does this even matter? I mean like I still want to install my Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB SATA one **not a SSD**):
Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB
Samsung 840 Series 120GB
Crucial CT240M500SSD1 240GB

And what about CPU cooler? I never needed to look this up, because I always was going to my friends Company telling him what I need and he made me a cheap set for it. All of that should fit into the NZXT Source 210 S210-001 ATX Mid Case.

As I said, I would really really appreciating  it, if somebody could take a deep look at it. Because I dont have any clue about hackingtosh for what compatible is and what not. All I know is that is almost no CPU from AMD is supported. And I have a AMD. :c

Somebody also got a indev article/howto about the install process? Except for the installer just next, next, install, format as Mac OS Journaled thingy, done(!).

Have a good night! (if it even is night for you)
Max

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:Hacking your Hackintosh

Get the Gigabyte Z77 with the GTX 660. the CPU doesn't matter, as long as its not AMD :o

The standard cooling that comes with the retail boxed CPU should be good enough...

Take a look at myHack's guide: http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

Good Luck! :D

max4143

max4143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Thanks dcai777.

I can just hope It'll be worth the work! ;s

vbetts

vbetts

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

If you're going to overclock, you could throw it under a 213 with arctic silver 5! :D

max4143

max4143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

If you're going to overclock, you could throw it under a 213 with arctic silver 5! :D

Nana, I'm not going to overclock it. Kinda useless and a bit dangerous in my opinion.

vbetts

vbetts

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

I'd still at least throw some Arctic Silver 5 down. :D Great thermal compound that's silver based that keeps good contact between your cooler and cpu.

max4143

max4143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

So some did past and I decided to buy the following parts:

Later on I'll buy a SSD too, but now I'll just gonna use my 1TB SATA from Wester Digital.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy