DEL Inspiron 3420 Hackintosh

bperic83

22 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just followed a guide from this forum about installation of Mac OS X 10.9 (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/) and I can't boot from created USB. I attached the boot screen, it says that my Intel CPU is unknown. Any help with this?

I have DELL Inspiron 3420 with:

Intel® Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (Ivy Bridge)

4GB RAM (1600MHz)

Intel HD4000 and GeForce GT 610M (1GB)

post-1282511-0-93364000-1389300512_thumb.jpg

I tried this and got this screen. Could it be just because I didn't change SMBIOS frm MacBookPro 9,2 to MacBookPro 10,1? I don't have Mac right now so I could do it in the morning when I come to work :-/ But if this could be solution than it would be worth waiting :)

post-1282511-0-03675100-1389301810_thumb.jpg

Try -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No

If doesn't work:

• Delete FakeSMC plugins (Navigate for System/Library/Extensions, FakeSMC.kext; Right click-Show package content-delete plugins folder), smbios MBP 9,2 is ok.
  • See if FakeSMC is also present in Extra/Extensions, then delete plugins from there.

All the best

Sorry for my english

Ok, tnx :) Don't worry for english, it is good, we can understand eachother, that is the most important :)

I'll try with -f, too. If it doesn't work I'll delete FakeSMC tomorrow at work, try this again tomorrow, and report in around 24 hours :)

I don't have Plugins folder inside Fake SMC.kext, neither in System path, neither in Extra folder :( For FakeSMC.kext I downloaded some folder with many .kext files in it, maybe it is the wrong one/ Can you send me link for download just FakeSMC.kext?

It's ok, I found FakeSMC.kext in download section of forum, downloaded it, copied to USB, and deleted plugins folder :) Now, when I come home from work, in about 9 hours, I'll try install again :)

And one more question - I combined Cameleon Wizard org.chameleon.boot.plist from tutorial and one that I got by default in Wizard. So, could you tell me if these settings are ok, or I should change some of them?

post-1282511-0-14840500-1389352142_thumb.png

Done :) Thanks :) The moment of truth will happen in around 6 hours :D I'll report what happened.

I didn't have luck again :( This is screen that I got this time:

post-1282511-0-84753500-1389378196_thumb.jpg

It looks like it is again unknown procesor ... I think I read somwhere that it don't recognize procesor as it is, but it is coded for a different procesor, and should be changed for example from 0280 to 0245, something like that, not exactlly the same numbers.

Hello

My advice:

*Enable P and C States

*Disable UseKernelCache

*Uncheck System Type(it isn't necessary)

Do you really need ncpi=0x2000? This fix PCI Configuration Begin...

Configure your Bios: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1804

*Disable Integrated graphic(HD4xxx) use Didicated(GT610M) let GraphicEnabler enabled

Install FAkeSMC and try boot...

Ok, thanks, I'll try this as soon as I get my hand on some Hackintosh and can change this parameters :)

I enabled P and C states. Should it be just Generated or Enable C2, C3, C4 too?

About disable integrated graphics (HD4000) - should I just check "Skip Intel GFX", or something more?

How to use dedicated graphics (GT610M)? Is it "Use Nvidia ROM"?

And one more question - about installing FakeSMC - is it just to copy FakeSMC.kext or I should do a full install of some FakeSMC.pkg file?

Here are my CW configuration before these questions, with Use kernel Cache deselected:

post-1282511-0-35365900-1389601843_thumb.png

Kernel Panic or stuck at last message (IOBluetooth.....)

Last chameleon settings

Boot with -v dart=0

If doesn't work, try -v GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0

Not working again? -v GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0 -x

Good luck (and good hack)

Is it possible that 10.9 won't boot into installation, and 10.8 could boot? I am thinking to make USB bootable drive in the same way, but with 10.8, is there a chance that 10.8 might work and 10.9 doesn't? :) I'll try tonight with some SMBios files that some people uploaded on forums while having the same error message about unknown CPU model on Ivy Bridge, and these boot codes, hope it will work :)

I didn't have luck .... again :( My BIOS doesn't have options for disableing integrated graphics nor nVidia, neither option to specify how many MB I wanto to give to HD4000 :( I don't know how this is possible, but it is like that :( Now I'm downloading App Store untouched dmg 10.8.5 OS X from torrent, and will make bootable USB by the guide above again, hoping I'll have more luck with 10.8.5 than with 10.9 :)

I tried and, again, no success :(( I constantly get message "WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a", just like in my last post with bootload screenshot here :( Is there any kext or other way to go around this error message? I have Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (Ivy Bridge).

I tried now to edit SMBios.plist and inserted SMcputype to thevalue suggested for Ivy Bridge CPU, but no luck, again the same message. It seems that I must wait for iAtkos 10.9 release, hopping it will work :(

• 2 weeks later...

:((( and would it work if I would buy USB anthena for wireless? :(

I would like to buy this USB Wi-Fi, because it is small and wouldn't interfere with using my laptop. Sorry it is on Serbian, but lower on the page where specifications are located I think it is understandable enough :)http://www.tehnomanija.rs/adapteri_587/tp-link-bezicni-usb-adapter-tl-wn723n.html

I found this link about it http://www.osx86.net/files/file/744-tp-link-tl-wn723n-mountainlion/     saying that it is working on hackintosh, but I would like to ask one more time, here too, is this supported on Hackintosh? I have installed Mountain Lion (iAtkos ML2 - 10.8.2).