• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

@Spakk

I've made ahci enabled,
USB Stick at first for Boot,
Unplugged all USB devices except Mouse and Keyboard
and disconnectet all hdds and disc drives which are not necessary
Got only one HDD left with 3 partitions but whithout an install of windows; only Data partitions

I have already renewd the usb stick with myHack but it still didn't worked

About the Chipset Driver:
Where do I find those?
Looked for them several times but wasnt able to find them

Thans again for your help!

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

@Spakk

I've made ahci enabled,
USB Stick at first for Boot,
Unplugged all USB devices except Mouse and Keyboard
and disconnectet all hdds and disc drives which are not necessary
Got only one HDD left with 3 partitions but whithout an install of windows; only Data partitions

I have already renewd the usb stick with myHack but it still didn't worked

About the Chipset Driver:
Where do I find those?
Looked for them several times but wasnt able to find them

Thans again for your help!

I'm not clairvoyant. we need details from your hardware, create a signature from your hardware. then install the SystemInfo.app, which is available for windows, linux and Mac OSX, launch the app and make a picture and upload it here, then we can help you :)

eʍwe

eʍwe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Respect to the others

in a few days ago.. i've tried to install Mountain Lion in Amd Phenom 1 in DFI Lanparty board, i used Bronya kernel.

never success to boot in to setup, always KP with display error in IOACPIFamily. any suggest for my..?! thanks before. :(

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,895 posts
Take a picture of the kernel panic, then we can help you better

roon83

roon83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

What's the best method to make nvidia GTX 650Ti work in ML 10.8.5?

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,895 posts
The best part is when you make update on Mavericks

roon83

roon83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

I will install Mavericks separately. Does Kepler cards work with Mountain Lion?

roon83

roon83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

OK! any good guide for installing Mavericks? I have a Kepler GPU GTX 650Ti

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 371 posts
Spoiler

Replying to old work. To make a bootable iso with Chameleon (TESTED)
sudo hdiutil makehybrid -o Custom.iso “/path-to-contents” -iso -hfs -joliet -eltorito-boot "/path-to-contents/usr/standalone/i386/cdboot" -no-emul-boot -hfs-volume-name “Custom” -joliet-volume-name “Custom”
** Please note that sometimes Chameleon cdboot stores in /usr/standalone/chameleon/cdboot

UNTESTED DMG
sudo hdiutil makehybrid -o Custom.dmg “/path-to-contents” -hfs -eltorito-boot "/path-to-contents/usr/standalone/i386/cdboot" -no-emul-boot -hfs-volume-name “Custom”

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 917 posts

Duran Keely , yes it is create for only bootloader ! But no DVD , because permissions is other , and problem loading from creating DVD!

I create video and you will understand ! ))

Wait ...

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 371 posts
As long as you download the recent "i386_v2391.zip" from Chameleon, paste it in /usr/standalone/i386 or custom folder "/usr/standalone/chameleon" (the one I normally use) it should create a hybrid image that is bootable.

How I did it was.

1. Clear a flash Drive
2. Use myHack (you can do an vanilla restore, but for the speed and ease of use I used myHack in this case)
3. Download "i386_v2391.zip" and extract it, copy the files to one of the above.
4. ---- Not Needed. But Easier To Add Into Terminal ---
+Rename the drive e.g.: In this case I named mine "myHack-Mavericks"
5. Copy / Edit / Add all the files you normally would for your USB Install
6. Run The Following CMD
sudo hdiutil makehybrid -o Mavericks-myHack.iso "/Volumes/myHack-Mavericks" -iso -hfs -joliet -eltorito-boot "/Volumes/myHack-Mavericks/usr/standalone/chameleon/cdboot" -no-emul-boot -hfs-volume-name "Mavericks-myHack" -joliet-volume-name "Mavericks-myHack"
Bootable ISO DONE

Attached Files

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 917 posts

Yes it is work if create DVD from DVD ! If From folder with name "DVD" - problem loading ! 

Wait video ...

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 917 posts

Please see video !

https://www.mediafir...mtj3yiejp00bpp1

gils83

gils83

DJ Officiel d'InsanelyMac

• Members
  • 1,747 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

wooohhh !!! 

:w00t:  :thumbsup_anim:  c'est génial !!!  

Thank you Bronya   !!! :) 

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 371 posts

Please see video !
https://www.mediafir...mtj3yiejp00bpp1

So something like this? (see attached)

The mach_kernel included is a Vanilla GM version so you may want to change this of course.

Anyone testing

- Install OS X Mavericks MUST BE IN APPLICATIONS
- Open Terminal
- CD to where the script is saved
- drag the script into terminal
- There is a pause so you can customise the installer (Replace Vanilla Kernel & add more Kernels, Add kexts, Create the extra to place DSDT, Themes and so on)

Credits, as this has been done before:
http://forums.applei...e-mavericks-iso

Otherwise Bronya could you share your script so I can see where I've gone wrong and for others here?

I understand that not everyone may have a USB Drive spare, however I find this is starting to become way more complicated then it was originally meant to. Reason being that we are basically doing the same as I first mentioned but instead of a USB Drive as the Volume we are creating images as the Volume... I still think the first way with a USB Drive is the way to go as you can customise, reboot the physical computer, try it and when you are happy, then create a Bootable ISO.

Attached Files

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 917 posts

So something like this? (see attached)

The mach_kernel included is a Vanilla GM version so you may want to change this of course.

mach_kernel version 10.9.4 working on system GM !

Otherwise Bronya could you share your script so I can see where I've gone wrong and for others here?

It is dvd_patcher . See script in old post             #13             ! ))))) 

I modified this script and works. 

I understand that not everyone may have a USB Drive spare, however I find this is starting to become way more complicated then it was originally meant to. Reason being that we are basically doing the same as I first mentioned but instead of a USB Drive as the Volume we are creating images as the Volume... I still think the first way with a USB Drive is the way to go as you can customise, reboot the physical computer, try it and when you are happy, then create a Bootable ISO.

1) Copy full dvd on partition.

2) Add yours kexts and mach_kernel in system on partition .

3) With diskutility from partition create dvd.dmg with support read/write.

4) Then can create boot loader DVD by script DVD_patcher ! 

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 371 posts
OK I'm gonna leave this at there are 1001 different ways to do the same thing.

Neither of the 3 above are wrong as they are all the same.
The Breakdown is:

1. Create an installer (either on a Physical partition or inside a editable [read/write] image)
2. Add your kext's and custom stuff.
3. Convert to ISO

AlmirKadric

AlmirKadric

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Hi all,

Apologies for my lateness on this. I got flooded again at work. Anyways, here are the scripts I promised. I managed to make pretty and readable. However some small works still need to get done. i.e. right now it depends on bronya's kernels being extracted into the Kernels folder where the scripts are along with the Charmeleon folder existing with the Extras etc. I mocked up a structure and plan on continuing with it to clean things up.

So I spent a bit of extra time to create a XNU github mirror script. This script now scans apples open source site and downloads every version (in order) and commits into git repo with a tag. This means now my mirror XNU can diff between XNU release versions very nicely.

You can find the repository URLs here:

- https://github.com/A...OSX_BootableISO

- https://github.com/A...acOSX_xnuKernel

MacOSX_BootableISO as mentioned above is missing a few files and wont run unless you place them there. However I plan on fixing this so that it can run without any intervention from the user.

The plan is to create a bronya branch inside MacOSX_xnuKernel and then make this a submodule inside of MacOSX_BootableISO.

@bronya you interested in using github for development? This will make your releases more readily available and allow more people to contribute.

Then I will work on the Extras folder and figure out the best way to introduce these into the project. Somehow having the binaries in github feels dirty and isn't the best practice.

@Herve chimera might suck for some, but i'm more than happy to begin adding other boot loaders.

@Micky1979 is chimera deprecated??? Last commit I saw on the project is fairly recent (FYI: I'm grabbing the code from SVN and building)
@Duran Keeley this script project I've been working does all the bootloading stuff you need. It will create a bootable .iso file. This has been tested and is working.

Hope this becomes a useful project!

Best Regards,

Almir Kadric

AlmirKadric

AlmirKadric

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Hi all again o/

I managed to put some nice time into the above projects today and cleaned up almost everything

@bronya i hope you don't mind but i put your 10.9.4 kernel (by diff) into the XNU mirror and tagged it

Now the project works as a standalone and will get and build any dependencies it needs

The only exception are the minimally required kexts, for now they reside in the ./deps/Extra folder

(at least until i figure out what to do with them)

All the variable have been moved into the Makefile and now you only have to run `make deps` then `make all`, this will place the iso in the output directory.

I'll try and put a bit more time into it to create some documentation in the README along with help for the Makefile

P.S. I know this doesn't belong here but does anyone know how Niresh added the customise button to his distro on install, and added all the custom packages?

Enjoy all!

Let me know if you have any issues.

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 371 posts

P.S. I know this doesn't belong here but does anyone know how Niresh added the customise button to his distro on install, and added all the custom packages?

Copy the OSInstall.mpkg to the desktop
in terminal extract it
xar -x -f OSInstall.mpkg
Edit the Distribution file (Editing with TextEdit corrupts when you repackage OSInstall but it works fine in Sublime Text)

Change under <choices-outline>
start_visible="false" to start_visible="true" for the options you want.

Save and repackage
xar -c -f OSInstall.mpkg *

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amd, kernel, general questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy