[AMD] General Chat, Questions & Answers

tragediana150

116 posts in this topic

As long as you download the recent "i386_v2391.zip" from Chameleon, paste it in /usr/standalone/i386 or custom folder "/usr/standalone/chameleon" (the one I normally use) it should create a hybrid image that is bootable.

How I did it was.

1. Clear a flash Drive

2. Use myHack (you can do an vanilla restore, but for the speed and ease of use I used myHack in this case)

3. Download "i386_v2391.zip" and extract it, copy the files to one of the above.

4. ---- Not Needed. But Easier To Add Into Terminal ---

+Rename the drive e.g.: In this case I named mine "myHack-Mavericks"

5. Copy / Edit / Add all the files you normally would for your USB Install

6. Run The Following CMD

sudo hdiutil makehybrid -o Mavericks-myHack.iso "/Volumes/myHack-Mavericks" -iso -hfs -joliet -eltorito-boot "/Volumes/myHack-Mavericks/usr/standalone/chameleon/cdboot" -no-emul-boot -hfs-volume-name "Mavericks-myHack" -joliet-volume-name "Mavericks-myHack"
Bootable ISO DONE

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 12.03.21 am.png

So something like this? (see attached)

The mach_kernel included is a Vanilla GM version so you may want to change this of course.

Anyone testing

- Install OS X Mavericks MUST BE IN APPLICATIONS

- Open Terminal

- CD to where the script is saved

- drag the script into terminal

- There is a pause so you can customise the installer (Replace Vanilla Kernel & add more Kernels, Add kexts, Create the extra to place DSDT, Themes and so on)

Credits, as this has been done before:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/159955/howto-create-bootable-mavericks-iso

Otherwise Bronya could you share your script so I can see where I've gone wrong and for others here?

I understand that not everyone may have a USB Drive spare, however I find this is starting to become way more complicated then it was originally meant to. Reason being that we are basically doing the same as I first mentioned but instead of a USB Drive as the Volume we are creating images as the Volume... I still think the first way with a USB Drive is the way to go as you can customise, reboot the physical computer, try it and when you are happy, then create a Bootable ISO.

mavericks-iso.zip

So something like this? (see attached)

The mach_kernel included is a Vanilla GM version so you may want to change this of course.

mach_kernel version 10.9.4 working on system GM !

Otherwise Bronya could you share your script so I can see where I've gone wrong and for others here?

It is dvd_patcher . See script in old post             #13             ! ))))) 

I modified this script and works. 

I understand that not everyone may have a USB Drive spare, however I find this is starting to become way more complicated then it was originally meant to. Reason being that we are basically doing the same as I first mentioned but instead of a USB Drive as the Volume we are creating images as the Volume... I still think the first way with a USB Drive is the way to go as you can customise, reboot the physical computer, try it and when you are happy, then create a Bootable ISO.

1) Copy full dvd on partition.

2) Add yours kexts and mach_kernel in system on partition .

3) With diskutility from partition create dvd.dmg with support read/write.

4) Then can create boot loader DVD by script DVD_patcher ! 

• Like 1

OK I'm gonna leave this at there are 1001 different ways to do the same thing.

Neither of the 3 above are wrong as they are all the same.

The Breakdown is:

1. Create an installer (either on a Physical partition or inside a editable [read/write] image)

2. Add your kext's and custom stuff.

3. Convert to ISO

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Apologies for my lateness on this. I got flooded again at work. Anyways, here are the scripts I promised. I managed to make pretty and readable. However some small works still need to get done. i.e. right now it depends on bronya's kernels being extracted into the Kernels folder where the scripts are along with the Charmeleon folder existing with the Extras etc. I mocked up a structure and plan on continuing with it to clean things up.

So I spent a bit of extra time to create a XNU github mirror script. This script now scans apples open source site and downloads every version (in order) and commits into git repo with a tag. This means now my mirror XNU can diff between XNU release versions very nicely.

You can find the repository URLs here:

- https://github.com/AlmirKadric/MacOSX_BootableISO

- https://github.com/AlmirKadric/MacOSX_xnuKernel

MacOSX_BootableISO as mentioned above is missing a few files and wont run unless you place them there. However I plan on fixing this so that it can run without any intervention from the user.

The plan is to create a bronya branch inside MacOSX_xnuKernel and then make this a submodule inside of MacOSX_BootableISO.

@bronya you interested in using github for development? This will make your releases more readily available and allow more people to contribute.

Then I will work on the Extras folder and figure out the best way to introduce these into the project. Somehow having the binaries in github feels dirty and isn't the best practice.

@Herve chimera might suck for some, but i'm more than happy to begin adding other boot loaders.

@Micky1979 is chimera deprecated??? Last commit I saw on the project is fairly recent (FYI: I'm grabbing the code from SVN and building)
@Duran Keeley this script project I've been working does all the bootloading stuff you need. It will create a bootable .iso file. This has been tested and is working.

Hope this becomes a useful project!

Best Regards,

Almir Kadric

• Like 6

Hi all again o/

I managed to put some nice time into the above projects today and cleaned up almost everything

@bronya i hope you don't mind but i put your 10.9.4 kernel (by diff) into the XNU mirror and tagged it

Now the project works as a standalone and will get and build any dependencies it needs

The only exception are the minimally required kexts, for now they reside in the ./deps/Extra folder

(at least until i figure out what to do with them)

All the variable have been moved into the Makefile and now you only have to run `make deps` then `make all`, this will place the iso in the output directory.

I'll try and put a bit more time into it to create some documentation in the README along with help for the Makefile

P.S. I know this doesn't belong here but does anyone know how Niresh added the customise button to his distro on install, and added all the custom packages?

Enjoy all!

Let me know if you have any issues.

P.S. I know this doesn't belong here but does anyone know how Niresh added the customise button to his distro on install, and added all the custom packages?

Copy the OSInstall.mpkg to the desktop

in terminal extract it

xar -x -f OSInstall.mpkg
Edit the Distribution file (Editing with TextEdit corrupts when you repackage OSInstall but it works fine in Sublime Text)

Change under

start_visible="false" to start_visible="true" for the options you want.

Save and repackage

xar -c -f OSInstall.mpkg *
  • Like 1

Copy the OSInstall.mpkg to the desktop

in terminal extract it

xar -x -f OSInstall.mpkg
Edit the Distribution file (Editing with TextEdit corrupts when you repackage OSInstall but it works fine in Sublime Text)

Change under <choices-outline>

start_visible="false" to start_visible="true" for the options you want.

Save and repackage

xar -c -f OSInstall.mpkg *

THANKS A TONNE FOR THIS!!!

I actually noticed Niresh was doing something to the OSInstall.mpkg file.

He had moved all the packages to /Packages and that file was duplicated in both the new and old Packages folder.

However the file sizes didn't match up. Didn't have time to investigate further, BUT GLAD I WAS ON THE RIGHT PATH!

You've saved me a lot of time ^_^

I will try and get this up and running so that the scripts creates custom packages to install Chimera along with the kernels straight from the customise menu.

So far all is working fine when I manually install Chimera etc post install. Fully tested and working (a tad slow though).

Once i got the "Customize" button working I'll see what packages are needed for VMWare and VirtualBox to improve performance.

Anyways I'll stop spamming this thread with irrelevant things.

• Like 2

THANKS A TONNE FOR THIS!!!

I actually noticed Niresh was doing something to the OSInstall.mpkg file.

He had moved all the packages to /Packages and that file was duplicated in both the new and old Packages folder.

However the file sizes didn't match up. Didn't have time to investigate further, BUT GLAD I WAS ON THE RIGHT PATH!

You've saved me a lot of time ^_^

I will try and get this up and running so that the scripts creates custom packages to install Chimera along with the kernels straight from the customise menu.

So far all is working fine when I manually install Chimera etc post install. Fully tested and working (a tad slow though).

Once i got the "Customize" button working I'll see what packages are needed for VMWare and VirtualBox to improve performance.

Anyways I'll stop spamming this thread with irrelevant things.

Here is my understanding of editing the Distribution file with custom packages

1/3 Add under your choices

EG:

<line choice="category">
   <line choice="item"/>
</line>
<line choice="bootloader">
  <line choice="chameleon"/>
</line>
2/3 After the

Give your category and item a title for the Customise menu & description except that your items need a package identifier to refer to.

I Use Xcode Aux Tool - PackageMaker to take a Kernel or Kext and create a .pkg file (sucker for GUI's when I can). BUT for scripts you will use "pkgbuild"

<choice id="category" title="Category" description=" About the group of items" start_selected="false"/>
<choice id="item" title="Item Title" description="About your item">
<pkg-ref id="organization.itemname"/>
</choice>
<choice id="bootloader" title="Bootloaders" description="Category of Bootloaders" start_selected="false"/>
<choice id="chameleon" title="Chameleon Bootloader" description="All you need to know about Chameleon bootloader">
<pkg-ref id="insanelymac.com.chameleon"/>
</choice>
3/3 After your last

Now you have to direct the pkg-ref to a file

<pkg-ref id="organization.itemname" installKBytes="0" version="1.0" auth="Root" onConclusion="RequireLogout">folder/item.pkg</pkg-ref>
<pkg-ref id="insanelymac.com.chameleon" installKBytes="0" version="1.0" auth="Root" onConclusion="RequireLogout">BootLoader/Chameleon.pkg</pkg-ref>

See completed script in post below!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295176-amd-general-chat-questions-answers/page-4?p=2067084&do=findComment&comment=2067084

Here is a start on what you want to do, my limited bash/perl (as in none at all) coding I'm a bit stuck so will get back to this if no movement on the rest or clean up the code when I learn more.

Basically copy OSInstall.mpkg to folder "osinstall"

The script extracts it, moves it out to back it up.

Then goes into the folder "packages", lists all the folders in the packages root.

Out of the folders it creates .pkg files in the Folder "packages-pkg" and adds them to the OSInstall Distribution choices section (1/3).

The other 2 parts I'm having trouble with.

Then packages the OSInstall.mpkg again in the end.

customise-osinstall.zip

For all the nice folks working on osinstall.mpkg 

I have already made an custom install package already quiet long ago for 10.9.0 and 10.9.1

It basically installs a few custom edited kexts and kernels to make the osx build transferable across amd and intel

KEY FEATURES 

People having serious audio problems are now fixed on 10.9.1, 10.9.0 with this Distro

well its universal and your original MACINTOSH, i install no remains like the niresh distro(destroys the dun i feel)

well i'm not publicising or anything,

FEEL FREE TO TAKE REFERENCE OR BUILD UPON MY WORK as i just entered my college and wont be around any more so....

My work is easier than Niresh and a lot easier to understand.  

HOW TO USE

Part 1

DOWNLOAD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-NYaILbol0eGliT0RDS3VMU1U/view?usp=sharing  

@Meetesh

I appreciate you sharing your files to make your Distro, however this has evolved into something where a user can make a distro with the files he wants in a (nearly) automated manner. Then take that and convert it into an ISO where a user can burn and boot off.

• 3 weeks later...

PERL script for making a dynamic customise menu of OS X Installer complete

#!/usr/bin/perl

# This file is basically a copy of the original .sh script that I got sent
# but modified to be all in perl. It uses no non-base libraries so there should
# be no additional dependencies to install or worry about.

# I can't actually verify that the lines like "xar" actually work as expected
# but they're copied straight out of the original .sh and so should function
# the same in all respects. Instead of being direct calls via bash they're
# now system calls (should be same net effect)

use strict;
use warnings;

use File::Copy qw(move);

# Same instructions that existed in the original .sh script
chdir("./osinstall") or die "$!";
print `xar -x -f OSInstall.mpkg 2>&1`;

move("OSInstall.mpkg", "../OSInstall.mpkg.bak") or die "$!";

chdir("../packages") or die "$!";

# Build up the complete replacement strings for
# <line choice> , <choice> and <pkg-ref>
# elements based on all of the files in the packages directory

my $new_linechoice_string = "\n";
my $new_choice_string = "\n";
my $new_pkg_string = "\n";

foreach my $file (<*>){
print "$file\n";

$new_linechoice_string .= " <line choice=\"$file\"/>\n";

$new_choice_string .= " <choice id=\"$file\" title=\"$file\" description=\"$file\">\n";
$new_choice_string .= " <pkg-ref id=\"insanelymac.com.$file\"/>\n";
$new_choice_string .= " </choice>\n";

$new_pkg_string .= " <pkg-ref id=\"insanelymac.com.$file\" installKBytes=\"0\" version=\"1.0\" auth=\"Root\">packages/$file.pkg</pkg-ref>\n";

# Build up string for the shell command to build packages for each folder
my $packagebuilder_string1 = 'pkgbuild --identifier insanelymac.com.';
my $packagebuilder_string2 = ' --version 1 --root ./';
my $packagebuilder_string3 = ' ../packages-pkg/';
my $packagebuilder_string4 = '.pkg';
my $packagebuilder = $packagebuilder_string1 . $file . $packagebuilder_string2 . $file . $packagebuilder_string3 . $file . $packagebuilder_string4;

# Build packages based on folder names and contents
print `$packagebuilder 2>&1`;

}

# Open up the distribution file for reading
open(F, "../osinstall/Distribution") or die "Can't open ../osinstall/Distribution: $!";
my @lines = <F>;
close(F);

# Get all the lines into a single scalar so we can easily do a bulk replace
my $all_lines = join("", @lines);

# Add our new choice outline options after the last occurrence of </choice>
$all_lines =~ s#^((.|\n)+</line>)#$1$new_linechoice_string#m;

# Add our new choice options after the last occurrence of </choice>
$all_lines =~ s#^((.|\n)+</choice>)#$1$new_choice_string#m;

# Add out new pkg-ref after the last occurrence of </pkg-ref>
$all_lines =~ s#^((.|\n)+</pkg-ref>)#$1$new_pkg_string#m;

# Write new results to the Distribution file
open(F, ">", "../osinstall/Distribution") or die "Can't open ../osinstall/Distribution for writing: $!";
print F $all_lines;
close(F);

# Same behavior as the original .sh script
print "Now you can customise your Install File. When you are done press [ENTER] in terminal";
<STDIN>;

chdir("../osinstall") or die "$!";
print `xar -c -f OSInstall.mpkg * 2>&1`;

Edited by Duran Keeley
Completed the rest of the script
  • Like 1

@Huckleberry Pie,

Yes, it is possible to install Mavericks 10.9.5 on Samsung Ativ NP915S3G, use BSA_10.9.5_FX_rc1 amd kernel for Mavericks , but the graphics card "AMD Radeon HD 8250" could cause a problem --> without graphics acceleration - must urgently be something done to make the graphics card driver compatible with OS X.
But you need to test.

• Like 1

I've run my graphics card by using a custom dsdt , rom-file and with efi string ... unfortunately without graphic acceleration. Result see "my working builds".

Remove AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext from System /Library / Extensions
and install NullPowerManagement.kext

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

boot with this bootflag:  -s

mount - uw /                                       ( then press enter )
cd /System/Library/Extensions        ( then press enter )
rm -rf AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext  ( then press enter )
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*              ( then press enter )
shutdown -r now                                                 ( then press enter )

• Like 1

Thanks this make it boot perfectly all is working except Graphics is only 1024x768 my graphic card is Nvdia GT640 2GB DDR3

And also i need always a usb to boot MacOSX there is no Bootloader install i need usb becouse i have this settings:

SSD- 128GB Only WINDOWS and GRUB2 

1 TB WD - 3 partition 1) Personal Data with is working in all OS 2) Linux 3) Mac OSX

How can i install a bootloader to boot all of this with out USB