Cheap graphic card for 10.9, any suggestion?

26 posts in this topic

The AMD HD 5450 can be found for a low price.

You can make it work using this guide:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293049-guide-mavericks-amd-radeon-hd5450/

and hd 5450 will cost me around $40. someone recommended me to buy GT 610/620 will also cost me around $40 and i checked wiki hardware list they work out of box.  

thanks anyway for your help. probably i'll buy GT 610/620 if can't find any one that works out of box and cheaper than GT :P 

GT 620. Works great OOB with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Were ever you had read that it does not work OOB the user did not know what they were doing. 

hi do you know any cheap graphic card other then gt 620 that fully works on 10.9 OOB with qe/ci or easy to install method like kext installing ?

If you want a cheap working solution then get the GT 620. Else don't do anything as it would appear your budget can't get what you want/need.

Thanks very much. GT 620 it is :)

the hd 6570 from sapphire is usually OOB, but it isn't as cheap... I believe it has better performance than the gt 620 :)

Thanks but dont need perfomance as i dont play games. Main purpose is watching movies so i need qc/ci enabled cheap graphic card and has to be OOB or easy to install like GT 620 woth grphich enabler :)

• Like 1

My GeForce 210 runs fine in Mavericks. I use a DSDT edit to inject it, but Chameleon (and others) can also do this.

I have to use a AGPM edit to get the card to run smooth as it clocks right down when booted to desktop, leading to jerky animations.

Hello

Use app DSDT Editor, create your DSDT, apply others importantes patches and apply patch RTC(all necessary patches comes with app)

If you have this problem after Sleep/Wake, use this patch: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/253992-cmos-resets-on-restarts-after-sleep-and-wake-in-107-lion/

Thanks a lot, you're a great healp. Will try patching after buying grapic catd :).

I have the GT610 on one of my systems. I didn't have to modify any kexts, I don't even have to do any graphics injection with Clover.

Hmmm, u lucky SOAB :P im not sure someone told me 610 doesnt work OOB but 620 works. I dont want spend anymore time to configure my graphic cause i dont know that much.

I was using leopard and xp and those two i installed 6/7 years ago :P didnt bother to upgrade. And then there is the devil, my friend showed me mavericks and i instantly fall in love and decided to upgrade without checking hardware support. Having gma950 is bloody nightmare :( Oh yeah its a long story. :)

My GeForce 210 runs fine in Mavericks. I use a DSDT edit to inject it, but Chameleon (and others) can also do this.

I have to use a AGPM edit to get the card to run smooth as it clocks right down when booted to desktop, leading to jerky animations.

Oh man its too much for me, gt 620 works OOB that what i want and need with my little hackintosh knowledge :).

I tried the GT620 and went into serious trouble so i changed it for a HD6570 which worked OOB its not the cheapest - but if the 5450 also works as mine than its also a recommendation. good luck with your choice!

Omg really? What kinda trouble you faced? Are you sure its for gt 620? Whats your operating system version. Im gonna use gt 620 with 10.9