29 replies to this topic

vrishcons

vrishcons

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hello

But your dedicated graphic 540M doens't work in OSX, because optimus technoly dosn't work...

Looking for enable HD 3000 and disable dedicated graphic in Bios

In dell BIOS or SMBIOS.? Shall I remove all related kexts leaving only hd3000 in S/L/E?

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,940 posts

Hello

You need disable in bios… if you don’t find nothing to disable… just remove Nvidia grafikas…

All grafiks that begin with NVD* and GeForce* remove with transmac… leave others kexts untouched…

try boot with -v -f

if don’t boot with it… try this other -x -v -f

vrishcons

vrishcons

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hello

You need disable in bios… if you don’t find nothing to disable… just remove Nvidia grafikas…

All grafiks that begin with NVD* and GeForce* remove with transmac… leave others kexts untouched…

try boot with -v -f

if don’t boot with it… try this other -x -v -f

Removed all nvidia,ATI and AMD, Intel 4000 and 5000 graphic kexts from S/L/E. Still artifacts not leaving. Anything to do in DSDT or SSDT? or in SMBIOS.

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,940 posts

Hello

What method are you using? retail or distro???

Can you put your hardware in signaute? it will help much…

vrishcons

vrishcons

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hello

What method are you using? retail or distro???

Can you put your hardware in signaute? it will help much…

Retail. Downloaded from Apple store.  Laptop Specs: Dell XPS 15 L502x , i5 - 2450m, Hd3000, Nvidia 540m, 8gb RAM. Dual Boot with windows.

imrazor

imrazor

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Not directly related to this discussion, but I'd like to point out that on my *real* iMac, Mavericks pushes the GPU (ATI Mobility Radeon 2600) up to 100 Celsius at idle. Had to install a fan control program to get it down to 80C at idle.From my reading, this seems to be a common problem.

vrishcons

vrishcons

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Glitches come in cold or hot boot. I found a way by EC reset (60sec) and rebooted. Glitches stopped. I think this is only solution. Report back if I get  again.

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,940 posts

Hello

Try make it:

Set your SMBios to MacBookPro 8,1

And edit the key IOPCIPrimaryMatch inside AppleIntelMEIDriver in kext AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

Put these infos

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext -----------------> 0x1C3A8086

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext ---------------> 0x1E3A8086

vrishcons

vrishcons

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hello

Try make it:

Set your SMBios to MacBookPro 8,1

And edit the key IOPCIPrimaryMatch inside AppleIntelMEIDriver in kext AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

Put these infos

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext -----------------> 0x1C3A8086

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext ---------------> 0x1E3A8086

I reinstalled again and completed all the process of fine tuning as before. This is the reason for delay.These infos already exist in IOPCIPrimaryMatch. All is well. no glitches or freeze so far. Heat also controlled. Only battery draining is my problem. Please explain anyways to extend battery life? :)

I should thank first of all for listening my problems and suggestions. I saw people instead of helping, give rude replies.   :angel:

I need one more help. Need correct settings for ALC665. Mic in Skype is horrible. Presently using VoodooHDA 2.8.6 version.

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
For the best battery life, make sure power management is working. Type this into the terminal
kextstat | grep AGPM
that will tell you if applegraphicspowermanagement is loaded. For CPU power management, make sure nullcpupowermanagement is NOT installed, and use ssdtprgen to create an ssdt for your CPU: https://github.com/P...ha/ssdtPRGen.sh battery life is usually pretty bad on hacks, but with proper power management you should be able to get it close to windows.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gpu, overheat, nvidia, mavericks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy