issues with msi radeon hd6450

demogoroon

4 posts in this topic

Im having issues with this particular graphics card...I bought this card for my father as on my mackintosh it worked out of the box....On his however after installation and restart I make it past the apple logo then go straight to a white screen where it stays with no cursor....However if I boot into safe mode and remove amd6000controller.kext then restart I can get to the desktop with very laggy graphics that are horrible.........Ive tried copying amdcontroller6000.kext to the desktop,deleting it from S/L/E and reinstalling it-that actually worked one time but every icon in launchpad was red...After that one successful restart it immediately started freezing at the white screen again....I am a noob to the mackintosh world so if anyone could please help me with instructions on as to how to fix this I d greatly appreciate it so much ,,as I also have to fix the ethernet afterwards....thank you.....Another thing-I am using the dvi connection

My cards family is Northern islands and codename Caicos

Update:just in case this may help someone somewhere,,,I gave up on the hd6450 in an amd machine and switched to a sapphire hd5450....It worked perfect after using KhatPhats 5450 kexts

• 2 weeks later...

my graphics card is msi radeon hd 6450 2gig gddr5 ...occasionally I can get to desktop and the graphics are flawless,perfect but I ve only done that twice....I keep hitting a blank white screen on restart.If I remove the amd6000controller.kext i can boot up with no flags and my graphics are horrible,laggy.....can anyone tell me how to fix this...Ive been reading about personalities but not knowledgeable about it..Ive tried the "pithecia" it doesn't work...would it even have anything to do with the white screen?My white screen doesn't have a mouse cursor on it .....my device id is 0x67791002

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I have same graphics card with 2 gb my device id is 0x67791002, I have installed Mavericks 10.9 on my dell optiplex 760 , all is ok except video resolution of my monitor samsung sync master 943 1440 x 900, in the list of resolutions there is not , is possible to have 1440 x 900 ????

thanks