• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

all fixed,  I found out how to mount the efi partition and copied my working bootloader files from my USB stick to there, and all works

everything works :) happy days!

thanks to everyone with this project! keep it alive its amazing :D

Peyman

Peyman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi - Timewalker are you still around on this ? I have used your method to install El Capitan beta on my 1201N and it runs ok. Your 1201n ion package wont run because ( i think ) it checks for OSX 10.7-10.10 ie wont allow 10.11 ! I have also read that there is a security check on 10.11 that has to be switched off by booting to recovery and wondered what effect this had. Many thanks for your excellent work making hackingtosh a 1201N so easy for a newbie like me. Cheers
Here is a link to the system security https://en.m.wikiped...rity_Protection

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Probably going to need a modified kernel to get round that?

In other news, icloud facetime etc doesn't work for me, I'll have a read through this thread to see if there's a fix

If not... What's the fix?

TimeWalker75a

TimeWalker75a

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,228 posts

No longer have the machine (well, I do, but it serves other needs now) .. so can't comment match. The package indeed was hardcoded to require certain versions, but you can pick up my work as it's open, grab packages app to build the source from my DELL repo

There's no need for a modified kernel for a long while now as Atom 330 can be made to work on the fly...

For services to work proper serial data is required along with proper NVRAM vars. If you don't have one sourced, well, too bad for you.. 

Peyman

Peyman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Not entirely sure how i did this ( blundering about ) but - found a terminal command on a forum to turn off security

sudo nvram boot-args="rootless=0"

That seemed to let me install Clover to boot from hard drive ( previously only from usb stick )
also 1201N support package also ran with warning of "unsupported system" continued anyway and got succesfull "install complete"

No sound
No Airport (but using Wireless USB)
No camera
Thanks for the replies guys
El Capitan on a 1201N - amazing.

Styne

Styne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi,

i've been following this thread for some time now and decided to install OS X Yosemite on my machine.

Thanks to TimeWalker for his great work!

Using the method described before i'm now running fully functional Yosemite! The only hardware patch was replacing the aw-ne107H (Realtek) with aw-ne785H (AR5B95). This card is running out of the box.

I also tried to install El Capitan, but without luck.

Using injection method i get a circle with one line crossing after some time and the verbose mode gets crapy letters.

Using only the boot loader in verbose mode i get to grey screen with color spinning wheel but can't proceed any further.

Which version of the boot loader have you used for El Capitan and do you use the EFI folder from the guide?

I hope together we can get El Capitan running as smooth as Yosemite :)  

Maybe TimeWalker is infected by the mackintosh virus again :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy