ML 10.8 errors pre-install

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am currently experiencing errors using HackBoot, i boot, and ModCD.

I get the famous ACPI error and a new one I have not seen before called "pmap_steal_memory" I get that using the -x kernel flag. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I am writing this on my phone so any spelling errors are to be excused.

Here's the ACPI error:

post-1027919-0-92950400-1388885311_thumb.jpg

Here's the pmap error:

post-1027919-0-47941600-1388885388_thumb.jpg

If you read my signature I have a modified bios to enable ahci on the ich9 controller so I have no need for the jmicron controller.

If you take a look at the image for some reason I can't boot into the installer because it is "unable to find drivers for "MacPro3,1""

Hello

The bootloader gets Bios information such as DSDT and SSDT tables ... These settings are to help the bootloader to boot ... Execute disable bit must be enabled

You modded your BIOS, so I can't guarantee you anything, you know about the risks of modified the Bios

Ever since I uploaded the new image I am going by that which is the error to find the system identifier, I don't have the ahci problem now and as for the modified bios the only modification made was to enable ahci for the ich9 and p35 bridge instead of just the jmicron controller. Everything else is vanilla. As for excecute disable bit, most people say to have it disabled.

As for execute disable bit, I enabled it and still the same thing.

My bios didn't allow ahci to be enabled on the ich9 controller literally the only thing the modified bios allows is that, I have had it running before on the same board and bios, the only thing that has changed is the hard drives, ram and graphics card.

UPDATE: I don't know what I did, but it is now installing!!!

Hello

Good work! try to remember what you did... this maybe help someone in future...

After install, you need configure your system, begin installing bootloader,

try Chameleon, donwload: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/59-chameleon-22-svn/

donwload pkg

After you need create 2 main files(with app Chameleon Wizard):

*org.chameleon..

*SMbios..

read in here for more info: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1716

• Like 1