Can't download from the App Store.

revert

21 posts in this topic

Whenever i try to download from the app store, i receive an unknown error has occurred. My Ethernet is showing as en1. Tried everything to fix this. Deleted the NetworkInterfaces.plist, removed all the adaptors in the Network preferences, rebooted no good. Tried modifying the NetworkInterfaces.plist, not working. I shutdown, removed my wireless card, booted back up, then i could add ethernet as en0. Shutdown, installed the wireless card rebooted, still getting the error from the app store. Tried changing back my smbios profile from Mac Pro to Imac. Ethernet is now back to en1, argghh. Any ideas. Wireless works great. 

Board is using the Realtek RTL8111E Lan controller. My wireless card is from Dell, can't remember the exact version. 

I have the same Problem, i think its a wrong serial number or sth like that in smbios...

I can use only MacBookPro11,1 MacBookPro11,2 smbios, since im on Haswell i7-4558U and HM87...

So we need to wait and look if there will be any solution in the future... :-)

Cheers :-)

when it generates the SMBIOS Clover Configurator or Chameleon Wizard, the serial are the same, when it is generated, change the final numbers.

in BoardSerialNumber leave always start with C0, the rest yourself decide.

and SerialNumber put anything with the same number of characters.

look:

Screen Shot 2014-01-04 at 1.30.20.png

• Like 1

I'm not sure what two numbers you refer to? I just have one serial number in Chameleon Wizard.

From what i remember in the past, my ethernet needs to be en0 and connected even though i'm using a Dell wireless card for the internet. Right now, it's red, cable unplugged and en1. I just booted into my ML install, in Network devices, ethernet is en0, on top of the list, green and has an ip. Complete opposite to what i have on Mavericks. Like i mentioned, i unplugged my wifi card and rebooted i could add ethernet as en0 but it remained red and as soon as i added wireless, it moved to the top. 

when it generates the SMBIOS Clover Configurator or Chameleon Wizard, the serial are the same, when it is generated, change the final numbers.

in BoardSerialNumber leave always start with C0, the rest yourself decide.

and SerialNumber put anything with the same number of characters.

look:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-01-04 at 1.30.20.png

Yes, exactly :-) And it starts both with C02 and the Serialnumber should end with the last 4 digits from a real MacBookPro... but anyway, its not working for me xD

I'm not sure what two numbers you refer to? I just have one serial number in Chameleon Wizard.

From what i remember in the past, my ethernet needs to be en0 and connected even though i'm using a Dell wireless card for the internet. Right now, it's red, cable unplugged and en1. I just booted into my ML install, in Network devices, ethernet is en0, on top of the list, green and has an ip. Complete opposite to what i have on Mavericks. Like i mentioned, i unplugged my wifi card and rebooted i could add ethernet as en0 but it remained red and as soon as i added wireless, it moved to the top. 

tries to apply some patch in DSDT for this board, advantages DSDT works on any OSX.

Yes, exactly :-) And it starts both with C02 and the Serialnumber should end with the last 4 digits from a real MacBookPro... but anyway, its not working for me xD

if your problem is not hardware, try to enter your credit card account number.

worked for me.  :)
  • Like 1

Insert filenvram.dylib in Extra/modules, upgrade bootloader to Enoch last version (use Chameleon wizard and Enoch binaries - Download section - bootloaders - Enoch i386 folder)

Set ethernet en0 and plug ethernet cable (remove or disable wifi card if necessary).

Reboot and try login to iMessage

Sorry for my english

Thanks for the help. I may just go back to ML. Only reason i installed Mavericks was to get Cuda working on my GTX 780 and it's still not working, i'm thinking it must be an issue with my MB, no idea. At least in Lion everything else works. Without Cuda there's no point as most of my software requires it.

Well now i have Cuda working, i will try and get this working. DSDT probably isn't a good option for me as i can't find a patch for this motherboard. I did find one for the Extreme4 but not gen3 and it was giving me errors i couldn't clear. 

Going to try one more thing, if that doesn't work i will try what you are suggesting carbo178

Thanks for the help carbo178, it's now working though i'm connecting through my ethernet, need to unplug and add back in my wireless card. I have a question, using Enoch, there's no longer an org.chamelion.boot.plist? I noticed when i opened chamelion wizard and tried to install a new theme? Is there a way to get a theme installed? Thanks again.

Connected up my wifi card and happy to report all is working. I think everything is working other than the opencl issues with the Rev 2 GTX 780 and using a theme for the boot menu. Much happier today and glad I didn't move back to ML.

Thanks for the help carbo178, it's now working though i'm connecting through my ethernet, need to unplug and add back in my wireless card. I have a question, using Enoch, there's no longer an org.chamelion.boot.plist? I noticed when i opened chamelion wizard and tried to install a new theme? Is there a way to get a theme installed? Thanks again.

org.chameleon.boot.plist you can use same of chameleon, also themes.

Enoch is a branch of chameleon, same flags, same files, same Extra folder