using data of a real MacPro on my hackintosh

mrjayviper

5 posts in this topic

I have the hackintosh with the specs listed in my signature.

what can happen if I use the smbios data (thinking of UUID and the serial number) of a real MacPro 5.1 on my setup? I'm thinking of any negative impacts on the real MacPro. The MacPro is used by someone at work.

thanks very much

ps. not sure if this is the right place to ask but since chameleon uses smbios.plist, I thought it's a good place to start. :)

edit: I also have a MBPr I can use but unsure if I'm limited to iMacs/MacPros since I have a desktop.

• 2 years later...

Agreed, especially if it gets "someone at work" in trouble lol

UUID = Universal Unique Identifier, the whole point is that it's unique.

Your PC already has its own UUID. If you see a System UUID on the hardware tab in System Profiler, then don't worry about it.

Thanks this answered my question I just placed in the Sierra forum as to whether I need a unique S/N or not because I have always run without generating one in Clover. Only today for the first time noticed the two little buttons that say "shake" when choosing a system definition. 

I actually went ahead and generated one today for the hell of it and when I rebooted iCloud asked me to sign in again which I did and everything is working but from what I can tell after 60+ installed over the past 2 weeks I do not think you even need to do this step as I had everything working before without doing it.