4 replies to this topic

one9092002

one9092002

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:hackintosh,networking,programming graphic design,video editing

i have power g5 no picture on the display i tried to reset pmu and pram no luck and trying cleaning video card and apply thermal paste i got picture couple times and then i shut down the machine and started up again no video on screen and i noticed the fans get louder after while of running the machine 

any suggestions? 

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

well, you can buy a new iMac  :D  and  mv /house/bedroom/table/g5/recycled trash :yes:  :D

one9092002

one9092002

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:hackintosh,networking,programming graphic design,video editing

ha ha yes but I'm trying to learn and repair this vintage machine ....do you have any suggestions ?

LouCioccio

LouCioccio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

There is an on board battery looks like ½ AA size.  A dead CMOS prevents a boot up.  Also a CUDA button can be pressed. Search Apple Support for procedure.  Depending what G5 model look at the power supply to see if there was leakage if this a liquid cooled model.  If it leaked it may have killed the power supply. Check this site http://www.xlr8yourm...1.html#storytop

This is provided the power supply works. I think DVWarehouse may have power supply exchanges. The pinouts on the power supply are not the same as generic peecee but some have made it work you would have to google that.

If I remember when you remove the plastic case the model and serial number is around the edge of the case.  Try everymac to get more info of that model.  

Lou Cioccio

Laberlohe

Laberlohe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

My PM G5 7,2 played the same tricks on me. After replacing board battery I had to reset PMU and run AHT (fan calibration) - now it's booting again flawlessly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy