• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

MACaveli

MACaveli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I got everything working! Just need a native wifi card now and I will have a 100% EEE pc with snow leopard. Its only running 10.6.3 though cause im too afraid to update it to 10.6.8 and break it.

EDIT: On Windows I was able to edit the resolution with this hack  to 1152x864. I wonder is there a hack for the mac side. I hate being at 1024x600. I tried switchresx but just get blacked screen.

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Hacking your Hackintosh

Yes, I feel your pain :P

As I previously told you, I have a Eee PC 1000HE... on 10.6.3 Retail...

But I have an external monitor :)

MACaveli

MACaveli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Did you have to install a Kext for your PCI / wifi? I bought an apple 9380 AR5BXB112 and it doesn't show under SYSTEM PROFILER > PCI. I can't get it to work either but I thought it might work since its a genuine apple card. Ive tried googling about it but could only find info on this card about it working out the box on lion and etc. Is there anyway to get it to work on SL?

Lacedaemon

Lacedaemon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, Android, Linux, Servers, Jailbreaking

My bro's old Eee PC 1005HA wifi card worked, but not with WPA2 encryption. :(

I advise using the older 0.8.4 RC1 NetbookInstaller, 0.8.5 gave me issues...

@dcai777: 10.6.8 works nicely with the 1000HE you know... ;)

MACaveli

MACaveli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Sigh I think my wifi card only works on Lion but I can't install Lion. Looks like I have to abandon the OSX side cause I don't feel like buying another wifi card

EDIT: I found this video where a guy installs 10.7 Lion on an EEE PC  . He provides all the files but I don't understand how he installed the lion on the partition needed.

EDIT2: Anyway in the meantime I upgraded to 10.6.8 with everything working beside wifi still.

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

well lion is a 64bit os... 

I've tried updating several times to 10.6.8, but it always ends up not restarting properly then after I force restart It KP's :(

MACaveli

MACaveli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Lion 10.7 actually has 32bit as well. Anything above 10.7 doesn't

Well my version is iAtkos S3 V2 so I just updated following this guide. http://www.osx86.net...68-all-machine/

Everything still works for me except for wifi. I've asked on other forums and they all said that my wifi Atheros AR5BxB1112 9380 should be supported natively in SL 10.6.8 and up but some reason it doesn't work for me. It still detects I have no wifi and under PCI cards. It says none is detected. Maybe I don't have the PCI slot kext or something but Idk where I would find that.

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

can you make an ubuntu live usb? its possible the bios is blocking it... if it works in linux, then it's osx's fault.

MACaveli

MACaveli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I will download Ubuntu now and try it. I will report back once I have ubuntu installed

MACaveli

MACaveli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

WIFI is detected in Ubuntu fine so im guessing its snow leopard

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

I bought an apple 9380

The 9380 is an Atheros AR9380.  The vendor id is 168c and the device id is 0030.  I did some checking in old versions of OSX and this combo doesn't show up until Lion (10.7.x) where it is in the plugin AirPortAtheros40.kext.  That plugin is not included at all in Snow Leopard (10.6.x).

Lacedaemon

Lacedaemon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, Android, Linux, Servers, Jailbreaking

I've tried updating several times to 10.6.8, but it always ends up not restarting properly then after I force restart It KP's :(

Were you sure to install this kernel? http://prasys.info/2...nd-intel-atoms/

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

The 9380 is an Atheros AR9380.  The vendor id is 168c and the device id is 0030.  I did some checking in old versions of OSX and this combo doesn't show up until Lion (10.7.x) where it is in the plugin AirPortAtheros40.kext.  That plugin is not included at all in Snow Leopard (10.6.x).

maybe he can add it in AirPortAtheros21.kext instead... as I have an AR9281 that works...

MACaveli

MACaveli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

maybe he can add it in AirPortAtheros21.kext instead... as I have an AR9281 that works...

How would I go about trying to add it into the AirPortAtheros21.kext? I tried to take the lion's Airportatheros40.kext and IO80211family.kext then install it with Kext Utility but in -V mode it will say fail to load airportatheros40.kext so that way doesn't work.

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

copy all the dev. ids... from 40 to 21.

MACaveli

MACaveli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I DL SystemInfo.app to see if the mac OS detects it. I see Atheros 9300 Wireless fine in the system info so it means that it is detected but the kext isn't loading. I injected the Ven/Dev Id 168c,0030 into the kext and still nothing unfortunately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy