Help needed changing to Clover

Crabhunter

6 posts in this topic

Hi I have a perfectly running 10.9.1 hack based on an EP45-DS3R with a Q6600 cpu and an Nvidia GT9800 graphics.

I'm currently using Chimera as a boot loader but want to try Clover.

I have installed Clover to a USB stick and can boot to the boot loader but not yet Mavericks.

What is the next step as regards to moving things to the usb stick, like my DSDT and smbios.plist?

Thanks.

Mike

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I'm never going to get my head round all of that :(

As I have a running hack is there any way I can just copy my smbios data into the equivalent Clover file.

Also do I need to copy my DSDT onto the usb stick and if so where?

Mike

You'll need to install CloverEFI for legacy boot, a quick google for "Clover legacy boot" will return several basic guides. Just follow one and use the wiki and Clover Configurator to fine-tune your config. About your smbios, it is now possible to use one with Clover, but the key names are different from those on Chameleon so you'll need to rename them.

Well more by luck than judgement I've done it :)

I copied my dsdt to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Then I copied my smbios.plist to EFI/CLOVER and renamed it config.plist overwriting the original and it booted right up :)

I am now able to update ilife, iWork and aperture.

I'm a happy bunny.

Mike

Well more by luck than judgement I've done it :)

I copied my dsdt to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Then I copied my smbios.plist to EFI/CLOVER and renamed it config.plist overwriting the original and it booted right up :)

I am now able to update ilife, iWork and aperture.

I'm a happy bunny.

Mike

I found this tutorial being very informative: Non-UEFI Guide to installing OS X Mavericks with Clover http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293925-non-uefi-guide-to-installing-os-x-mavericks-with-clover/

Items 7 and 8 should answer your question being more comprehensive also for other readers.

To me it worked great!

• Like 1