PS3 vs. WII Apple Style

djpc47

47 posts in this topic

You honestly think so? The PS3 is priced at around $600, and I hear the games will be at LEAST $70 each. The Wii will be around $250 and games will be around $50. Hmm..wonder who's gonna buy what.

You honestly think so? The PS3 is priced at around $600, and I hear the games will be at LEAST $70 each. The Wii will be around $250 and games will be around $50. Hmm..wonder who's gonna buy what.

I definitely think so :D I don't mind the price, its a bargain. In a BestBuy ad over the week end was Panisonic BlueRay player on sale for $999.99, 5 or $600 doesn't sound to bad. :D The PS3 is a better machine :happymac:

I definitely think so :D I don't mind the price, its a bargain. In a BestBuy ad over the week end was Panisonic BlueRay player on sale for $999.99, 5 or $600 doesn't sound to bad. :) The PS3 is a better machine :D

But why get BlueRay when you can have HD-DVD? The PS3 is just a cheap BlueRay player and nothing else. Only point of getting it is for hardcore metal gear solid and kingdom hearts fans.

xbox 360 is gonna win this round of the console wars. it's a little more expensive than the wii, but not as horrible as the ps3. and who's not looking foward to halo 3?! oblivion and prey are also great. i know it's M$, but i think they did a good job with it. and the media extender capability will be sweet with vista.

WII: ITS GOOD BUT LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT THE "BAD" GAMES OF NINTENDO.AND WHEN I SAY BAD I M

SPEAKING ABOUT THE GAME DEVELOPERS DEALS .DO YOU REMEMBER N64 AND GAMECUBE, WHO REMEMBER GOOD GAMES OF NINTENDO AT THE NEW CONSOLE MARKET? OK MAYBE 2 OR 3 BUT THATS ALL.NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT THE GRAPHICS THO.

THE CONTROL ? I M WAITING FOR TEST THIS BY MISELF BEFORE I TALK.

PS3: I THINK THAT ITS GONNA BEE OK .. .. . WHY? I SAY THS BECAUSE HAS BEEN THE LEADER SINCE 1995, DONT GET ME WRONG ONLY BECAUSE OF THE GREAT GAMES AND INNOVATIONS (I KNOW... A LOT OF

GAMES OF THE PLAYSTATION SAGA CAME FROM THE SNES).

XBOX:I BELIEVE THAT THIS IS THE BEST THING CREATED BY MICROSOFT SO FAR .GREAT GRAPHICS AND THE THING THAT GUARANTIES US A GOOD GAME EXPERIENCE BACK AGAIN THE GAME DEVELOPERS DEAL OR THE GOOD GAME DEALS .

SEE YA .

SALUDOS FROM CHILE

GREETINGS

WII: ITS GOOD BUT LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT THE "BAD" GAMES OF NINTENDO.AND WHEN I SAY BAD I M

SPEAKING ABOUT THE GAME DEVELOPERS DEALS .DO YOU REMEMBER N64 AND GAMECUBE, WHO REMEMBER GOOD GAMES OF NINTENDO AT THE NEW CONSOLE MARKET? OK MAYBE 2 OR 3 BUT THATS ALL.NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT THE GRAPHICS THO.

THE CONTROL ? I M WAITING FOR TEST THIS BY MISELF BEFORE I TALK.

PS3: I THINK THAT ITS GONNA BEE OK .. .. . WHY? I SAY THS BECAUSE HAS BEEN THE LEADER SINCE 1995, DONT GET ME WRONG ONLY BECAUSE OF THE GREAT GAMES AND INNOVATIONS (I KNOW... A LOT OF

GAMES OF THE PLAYSTATION SAGA CAME FROM THE SNES).

XBOX:I BELIEVE THAT THIS IS THE BEST THING CREATED BY MICROSOFT SO FAR .GREAT GRAPHICS AND THE THING THAT GUARANTIES US A GOOD GAME EXPERIENCE BACK AGAIN THE GAME DEVELOPERS DEAL OR THE GOOD GAME DEALS .

SEE YA .

SALUDOS FROM CHILE

GREETINGS

last time i checked nintendo was still the innovator... let's tally some milestones:

first "kart" style racing game ~> super mario kart (SNES)

first true (free range, unrestricted motion) 3d platformer ~> mario 64

first viable multiplayer fps engine ~> goldeneye 007 on the nintendo 64

the first physics accurate jet ski game ~> wave race 64

first controller to have a rumble feature ~> nintendo 64 (w rumble pack)

first system with 4 controller ports built in ~> nintendo 64

first system to use analog controls ~> nintendo 64

first system to get a wireless controller ~> wavebird (gamecube)

first handheld system able to connect to console system ~> game boy advance

first handheld system to introduce the touch screen ~> nintendo ds

first handheld system with wifi capabilities ~> nintendo ds

and coming soon:

first controller with laser + bluetooth spatial location sensing wireless connection ~> the "wii-mote" (wii)

first system to support 4 such wireless remotes ~> wii

first system where you get to "turn the wheel, swing the sword, aim the gun or dodge the bullet" ~> wii

first system to maintain performance while reducing power consumption ~> wii

first system to offer a comprehensive game catelog download library (from every nintendo system) ~> wii

and lets not forget such legendary games such as super mario 64, legend of zelda: ocarina of time, mario sunshine, pikmin 1 and 2, super smash bros, metroid prime, goldeneye, perfect dark, chrono trigger (snes original), mario kart series, wave race series, legend of zelda: wind waker and so many more that you can only get on nintendo's systems

in my opinion, nintendo is running a different race altogether from MS and sony. those two are competing over "horsepower" ...while nintendo is opting for "efficiency" as well as innovation, just as they have always done

not to mention that wii will only cost $250 for a system with one controller and a packaged game...

when is the last system that offered that with launch? oh yes, every nintendo system, n64 and before

compare that to $400+ for MS and $500+ for sony with no packaged game..

and lets not forget that nintendo's games will cost $50 compared to $60+ for sony and ms games

so, nintendo: innovation, affordability and creativity

yup, they get my vote and my money

f*ck sony and MS

dark4181, lets not forget the first open world game -> Legend of Zelda (NES)

Im looking forward to getting the wii, then in the summer Im getting a PS3 and maybe PSP,

I really disliked the first x-box, I don't think I'll like the 360 at all

summary

PS3: most advanced hardware wise, highest pricepoint by far, Blueray with the most space of the three for media (25gb, capable of more, but that is how it is set up now... )

Wii: Least expensive, least tecnologically advanced, but unique and quirky fun, same lines as the ds in terms of new thinking. Wii proprietary disks, i do not know how big they are

Xbox 360: Middle of everything, speculated holiday price drop may make it the best value... plagued with fiew games and even fiewer that are not just ports of ps2 games (or pc etc) Standard dvd media format... i think duallayer.

who will win? idk, but wii stole the show (surprisingly, i thought itd be a flop... but not any more) and E3 so its anyones game

summary

PS3: most advanced hardware wise, highest pricepoint by far, Blueray with the most space of the three for media (25gb, capable of more, but that is how it is set up now... )

Wii: Least expensive, least tecnologically advanced, but unique and quirky fun, same lines as the ds in terms of new thinking. Wii proprietary disks, i do not know how big they are

Xbox 360: Middle of everything, speculated holiday price drop may make it the best value... plagued with fiew games and even fiewer that are not just ports of ps2 games (or pc etc) Standard dvd media format... i think duallayer.

who will win? idk, but wii stole the show (surprisingly, i thought itd be a flop... but not any more) and E3 so its anyones game

like i said, nintendo has stated that they have opted out of the "horsepower" race entirely. they don't care about having the most powerful hardware, but rather having the most powerful gaming experience, and to that, i say "BRAVO"

like i said, nintendo has stated that they have opted out of the "horsepower" race entirely. they don't care about having the most powerful hardware, but rather having the most powerful gaming experience, and to that, i say "BRAVO"

I know, I think its great, but thats also why i thought Wii would suck, because to me that was saying "ok, we cant compete hardware horsepower wise, so well have to bow out and think of some other way to get people to buy our next gen machiene" But after seeing what theyve come down with i think they did a really good job, even though im still skeptical of the Wii and if it will sucede or flop. :)

just just imagine the next gen...

think about this... AMD recently acquired ATI, whom supplies nintendo's graphics chips (n64, gamecube, and now wii) ...seems to me like nintendo could eventually start running AMD/ATI processor/graphics combos without too much effort. couple that with the ibm logic boards they already use, and nintendo could step back into the hardware race pretty easily

honestly, wouldn't it be cool to see that rumored athlon x4 pushing spark through an ati gpu on a nintendo console?

damn, this is like chess

just just imagine the next gen...

think about this... AMD recently acquired ATI, whom supplies nintendo's graphics chips (n64, gamecube, and now wii) ...seems to me like nintendo could eventually start running AMD/ATI processor/graphics combos without too much effort. couple that with the ibm logic boards they already use, and nintendo could step back into the hardware race pretty easily

honestly, wouldn't it be cool to see that rumored athlon x4 pushing spark through an ati gpu on a nintendo console?

damn, this is like chess

Dream on :D Nintendo is hanging on by their teeth these days in the console world :D bwhsh8r had it right in thinking they cant compete, they lost their way 12 years ago. If it were not for DS in Japan they would have nothing. Those are the facts. PS3 will win.

^you're kidding right? DS outsells PSP 5:1 worldwide

and time will tell in the console arena

Emm yea, but look at game cube, it was a flop, a total flop, and next to noone developed for it or anything, they just had e games.... and with the odd (but decently cool) Wii controler being the way it is you just cant port your games over so easially (ps3, xbox 360, not that hard to convert between them... )

ps the handhelds are all but not related to their console bretherine, they show nothing about the other, you can make a {censored} console but a good handheld, and vice versa... and trust me, psps arnt just sitting on the shelves ether, and you widely exagerated teh graph, it was like 1.5 times world wide, in japan it was like 3 times..... but yes, time will tell, because no one knows what the mass market will lean towards (and i see the price point being one of the main factors.... but the wii not being hd will turn me away from it, as all tvs are going hd by a certain year (2011 i think...)

max