50 posts in this topic

Everything you need is on the DMG. 

-v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No 

That will get you in.

Hard to remove? Please read the user manual as you can turn on/off PCIe lanes. Understanding your hardware is the first step. 

• Like 1

The flags you supplied didn't work. -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 cpus=1 partially works but after verbose boot I get a white screen with a mouse pointer. Other two GPUs are disabled also. I'm just about at my wit's end.

Also during verbose boot it says NVDAStartup: Official, indicating it's loading graphics drivers when I tell it not to...

Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler injects data from your video card into the IORegistry so the OS X nvidia drivers can hook into it and load.

With GraphicsEnabler set to n the drivers will still load because OS X sees an nvidia card, but they will not be able to drive the card properly because of missing information. This is what's happening when people complain that they can see all their video card information in System Profiler, but have no hardware acceleration (aka QE/CI).

With Kepler cards (like yours) none of that matters because they work without injection.

Feel free to set GraphicsEnabler=n permanently in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, you will never need to set it to y, in fact setting it to y will probably inject conflicting information and just break everything.

I have a Kepler card myself (660 GTX) but I've never tried booting with GE=y so I don't know what happens.

"NVDAStartup: Official" means that the NVRAM variable that makes the nvidia web drivers load is set to 0, and that the drivers that shipped with OS X will load instead.

When you see "NVDAGK100Hal loaded and registered", that's when the nvidia drivers are loading.

• Like 2

If the error is something like "controller will be unloaded across sleep" it's inconsequential at the moment, don't worry about it for now.

I'd still try with only one video card plugged in, with a display hooked up to each output (if you can) just to make sure.

...But I admit that I'm out of my depth here, I'm on Z77 + GTX 660 and Mavericks, which works beautifully and hardly needs any special treatment.

Great! One down, who knows how many more to go. Can you get to the desktop now?

For completions sake, I'll add one thing to what I said above. I know it doesn't apply to your situation right now but it may be useful to someone else:

It's possible to have GraphicsEnabler set to y but completely bypass nvidia graphics injection, by setting the flag SkipNvidiaGfx=n.

This is useful in situations where you have a Kepler card but you also want to use an on-die GPU like the Intel HD4000 at the same time.

AHA! lol

You might want to try SkipNvidiaGfx=y and GraphicsEnabler=y then.

Plug a display into the DVI port of the HD4000 (DP might work as well but VGA will not work. Who uses that anyway) and set the HD4000 as primary display device in your BIOS. This should get you to the desktop, at least if you boot with -x

To get the HD4000 fully working, you must be using a recent svn build of Chameleon (r2262 and up) and inject one or two additional properties via org.chameleon.Boot.plist, mainly:

IntelCapriFB=<value> For Intel HD 4xxx, range 0-11.
InjectIntel-ig=<value> Inject alternate value into AAPL,ig-platform-id (HEX)

(don't ask me what the correct values for these are - look here)

Maybe from there you can troubleshoot the triplets..

What do you mean it won't let you edit the plist, what "it"?

If you want yes lol, but I've been looking in my bios and cannot find any such option...

I didn't know lmao...

Gringo, I know I can get that without a GPU, my primary focus with my build originally was to play games, and then I was like "I could hackintosh this..."

That's a shame because it sure would come in handy right now.

I don't know what else to tell you, except unplug and remove the two other GPUs like I've been saying since I stuck my head in here. I'd still try that even if Rampage Dev says different. :angel:

Gringo, I know I can get that without a GPU, my primary focus with my build originally was to play games, and then I was like "I could hackintosh this..."

Those three 780's must rock for gaming. I guess when you have that kind of money to spend who cares if there's a useless Intel GPU in there as well.

If bootflag "-v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No" get you in to a gray screen with a mouse pointer present, I would say just wait for around 10 minutes and during that time the gray should flash to a darker gray and after that you should be able to see the OS X installer menu.

I had the same case  with my Asus Sabertooth x79 and i7 4930K build and it'll take a while to read data out of USB 2.0

• 3 weeks later...