• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

pippox0

pippox0

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
Come on, respond to this simple open question : Which is, for you, the best Mac OS X version ever released ? Please don't answer the next one ( next year release). I prefer by now OS X Lion because is some different from Snow Leopard ... Next Montain Lion o Mavericks didn't have news functions that i cannot live without ... This is IMMO. See Ya

Miztorr

Miztorr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Come on, respond to this simple open question : Which is, for you, the best Mac OS X version ever released ? Please don't answer the next one ( next year release). I prefer by now OS X Lion because is some different from Snow Leopard ... Next Montain Lion o Mavericks didn't have news functions that i cannot live without ... This is IMMO. See Ya

Tiger, I used to love it on my PowerMac G4, followed by Snow Leopard, it's the best OS X release in my opinion, and it was the first OS X version that I used on my hackintosh.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Tiger was great but software support is limited for it nowadays.

For me, it's Snow Leopard. I specifically built a SandyBridge-based hack this year so I could run it.

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

IMO Snow Leopard (used Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard). I haven't yet played with anything newer though...

P.S. Happy New Year!!! (for those who in to celebrating) :)

snakeman

snakeman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

For Me its Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion although I do love the features of Mavericks just not some of its quirks with old software that I need to use.

snakeman

deadman

deadman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:LOT OF THINGS .......BUT I DON`T KNOW ANYTHINGS.

for me snow leopard(best) & mavericks.......

Long Cat

Long Cat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

After not being impressed with Win 8, I was kind of a latecomer to OS X. I started at Mountain Lion after deciding hackintosh was worth a shot. So I've only used ML and Mav extensively plus Lion for about a day after getting a MacBook Pro.

I did recently download Snow Leopard and load it up in a VM just to see what all the fuss was about. Personally I thought it just seemed a little less refined than newer versions and some UI elements seemed noticeably dated (which is to be expected I guess). And with newer things like launchpad, which may seem tacky to older users, I've used since my first encounter with OS X and can't get by without.

I'd have to say Mavericks is my favorite of the 4.

WillAdams

WillAdams

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Snow Leopard 'cause it still has Rosetta and allows me to continue using Macromedia FreeHand/MX (I was a beta-tester, though they didn't listen to many of my suggestions).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy