Which is the best Mac OS X version ?

PippoX0

20 posts in this topic

Come on, respond to this simple open question :

Which is, for you, the best Mac OS X version ever released ?

Please don't answer the next one ( next year release).

I prefer by now OS X Lion because is some different from Snow Leopard ...

Next Montain Lion o Mavericks didn't have news functions that i cannot live without ...

This is IMMO.

See Ya

Come on, respond to this simple open question : Which is, for you, the best Mac OS X version ever released ? Please don't answer the next one ( next year release). I prefer by now OS X Lion because is some different from Snow Leopard ... Next Montain Lion o Mavericks didn't have news functions that i cannot live without ... This is IMMO. See Ya

Tiger, I used to love it on my PowerMac G4, followed by Snow Leopard, it's the best OS X release in my opinion, and it was the first OS X version that I used on my hackintosh.

After not being impressed with Win 8, I was kind of a latecomer to OS X. I started at Mountain Lion after deciding hackintosh was worth a shot. So I've only used ML and Mav extensively plus Lion for about a day after getting a MacBook Pro.

I did recently download Snow Leopard and load it up in a VM just to see what all the fuss was about. Personally I thought it just seemed a little less refined than newer versions and some UI elements seemed noticeably dated (which is to be expected I guess). And with newer things like launchpad, which may seem tacky to older users, I've used since my first encounter with OS X and can't get by without.

I'd have to say Mavericks is my favorite of the 4.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I have grown to love Mavericks, being a Snow Leopard lover.. But now, El Capitan has got me guys! besides the dark mode is just killing it! And performance is without any doubt increased as well as battery life and stability, I notice it a lot in all my hacks that run it.. Although I always have loved the old Mac OS X style, and that's why I love to keep a virtual snow leopard to remind myself sometimes how it was.

El Cappy for the win!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For me, it goes Snow, Mavericks, Mountain Lion. Snow Leopard is my favourite; it was the first version I successfully made a hackintosh with :) I also use it in my Media Playing PC (See 2nd PC in my sig) so I can use Front Row.

- Matt

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...