23 replies to this topic

remote.syst3m

remote.syst3m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:bash scripting

I have not been actively posting for a few years, although I have had numerous successes with Z9PE in a professional Film environment, using the 2680 Xeons. I have been too busy to share, but I'm very excited for 10.9.1 with 2011 socket support and Titan OpenCL. As Well as 4k output..

I have some interesting information, I hope will be useful in the future... I stopped by a Apple Store with MacPro 6,1 on display and ran my script to dump ioreg , var/log and system_profiler. I had to be fast, they wont let you plug anything into the machine, and booting root to change admin password was unsucessful.. command-S appeared to be ignored.

-Thanks For all the support insanelymac has given me over the years I thought i should give back at least something small...

Attached Files

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,975 posts

I have not been actively posting for a few years, although I have had numerous successes with Z9PE in a professional Film environment, using the 2680 Xeons. I have been too busy to share, but I'm very excited for 10.9.1 with 2011 socket support and Titan OpenCL. As Well as 4k output..

I have some interesting information, I hope will be useful in the future... I stopped by a Apple Store with MacPro 6,1 on display and ran my script to dump ioreg , var/log and system_profiler. I had to be fast, they wont let you plug anything into the machine, and booting root to change admin password was unsucessful.. command-S appeared to be ignored.

-Thanks For all the support insanelymac has given me over the years I thought i should give back at least something small...

LGA 2011 Support since 10.6.7

OpenCL support for the Titan since 10.8.3

remote.syst3m

remote.syst3m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Yes this is very true, 'fully supported' not quite.. I'm unable to boot without NullCPUPM on 10.8.4.

Video Software which use OpenCL will not function either, But will with 680 / 580 on same setup, same driver.

Although, I've been on a project Since July, and cannot tinker as much since I'm out of town.. So I should be reading more and playing with my backup systems

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 694 posts

Thanks for the dumps, however since this comes from Apple Store I don't see the need to make them not public(remove serials and stuff) plus this procedure killed the .ioreg

Hope someone will manage to use DarwinDumper on this, since the most interesting part is the BIOS(dumped from machine not some apple update)

L.E. My bad I thought the ioreg is dumped by ioreg app since is ".ioreg" turns out is just text file with wrong termination...

BTW the .ioreg file does have serial(s) in it(as the ioreg from system profiler) not sure what that script does....

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,083 posts

There is a DarwinDumper faceless dump (non-root dumps) together with a SysDiagnose report for the MacPro6,1 from mrengles. 

Link here: http://www.projectos...indpost&p=38491

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 694 posts

Missed that forum post, still not what I would love to find(the full one)   ;)

Thanks blackosx! :)

remote.syst3m

remote.syst3m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Sorry didnt see that i upload the text dump instead. The DSDT was extracted with DSDTEditor.

Attached is the one saved from IoregistryExplorer.

I could only get my hands on a non-root Terminal for 2-3 minutes. I did everything I could before getting told to unplug and leave. I was afraid darwindumper would need to run as root, I guess not!

If somebody gets the chance, boot into another OS on 10.9.1. 10.9 will not run on the 6,1. Then run as root, I did this but I only had 10.9 on my usb3 stick and it wouldnt start up. And I couldnt boot into root because it was disabled on their store OS, I was just going to change password on the admin account and run darwindumper.

Attached Files

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,975 posts

Yes this is very true, 'fully supported' not quite.. I'm unable to boot without NullCPUPM on 10.8.4.

Video Software which use OpenCL will not function either, But will with 680 / 580 on same setup, same driver.

Although, I've been on a project Since July, and cannot tinker as much since I'm out of town.. So I should be reading more and playing with my backup systems

Fully supported. Without FakeSMC you could not boot using your logic... 

All OpenCL apps have always worked for me. Sounds more like a end user issue as I have had everything from a AMD 6870, GTX 460, 470, 480, 570, 580, 590, 660, 660 ti, 670, 680, 690. Just to name a few that work fine on LGA 2011 with OpenCL. 

snatch

snatch

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 167 posts

Fully supported.

It's hard to understand anyone claiming "Fully Supported".  No working pm, jumping through hoops with crazy boot flags and patches just to get OS X installed, as well as Apple has never released a 2011 product; that makes Fully Supported kind of a joke. Of course if it WAS fully supported you'd see tons of folks running the platform, of course, that's obviously not the case.     

remote.syst3m

remote.syst3m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Rampage, OpenCL is not an issue with any of the Video Cards you have listed. I have had no issues running OpenCL software with any of my 680, 580 560 480 470 or intel 4000. But Have you been running a Nvidia Titan in 10.8.4 and have been using OpenCL?

I have issues with Nvidia Titan which does not support OpenCL in the 10.8.4 driver. I have had to force my software to use CPU OpenCL only because it will crash the software if OpenCL is enabled for GPU use. I primarily use CUDA for GPU decode, so its not keeping me from using my Titan in any way. I have 4 weeks left on this movie, So I'll update my x3 Z9PE setups to 10.9.1 when I'm back and able to spend more time on it.

No powermangement on 2011, theres no way to remove NullCPUPM on Mountain Lion.

Long Cat

Long Cat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Snatch, have you built an x79 system? Because I'm just not sure what 'crazy' boot flags and patches you're referring to. On my system, aside from a patched AppleHDA and a fix for the graphics card power management, everything is pretty vanilla actually. Power management works just fine. So does sleep, with no need to do a thing post install. On 10.9, you can boot without NullCPUPM, which wasn't possible under 10.8.x.

And I'm not sure if you're referring to this situation in past tense, but the new Mac Pro is socket 2011, and I'm sure apple would have been using it internally for longer than just a few months or so.

And the reason you don't see ton's of folks running this platform here at insanelymac is the same reason that you don't see tons of folks running it anywhere. It's enthusiast grade stuff, quite expensive, and delivers more power than most would need.

remote.syst3m

remote.syst3m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I've just booted up with NullCPUPM on 10.9.1, removing NullCPUPM now. This Z9PE w/ x2 2680 has a gtx680, My Titan is in Vancouver with my other setup I'll bring this ssd with me to test.

Removing NullCPUPM works great, now no more need for it.

Apple does not deliver the power like these systems do. Its a lot more work to build a setup like Z9PE than buying something off the shelf, but its much more flexible and professional. I have no intention of purchasing a Apple MacMiniPro, unless of course my robot needs some new wheels to crush the competition with.

Edited by remote.syst3m, 04 January 2014 - 06:45 AM.

Bungo

Bungo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 296 posts

Would you mind sharing SMC keys dump?

remote.syst3m

remote.syst3m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Full Root privledges dump, Here is Sys Bios .rom, Vid Bios .roms, and SMC Keys. This was from a private computer, If you need additional sources PM me.

Attached Files

remote.syst3m

remote.syst3m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Here is the full dump,

from a 8 core Xeon, w/ Dual D700 64GB DDR3 1867mhz.

I have a huge performance boost with 10.9.1 and my Titan. But I may sell my 2680's for v2 . Seems like a smart investment while each 2680 is still worth $1500.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 694 posts

Here is the full dump,

I have a huge performance boost with 10.9.1 and my Titan. But I may sell my 2680's for v2 . Seems like a smart investment while each 2680 is still worth $1500.

My hero...

Thanks for full dumps! :)

remote.syst3m

remote.syst3m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

No problem, I'm interested in UEFI booting from my fleet of Z9PE boards. When I've got more than 1 bios chip with me I'll start testing.

Bungo

Bungo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 296 posts

Here is the full dump,

Many thanks

proteinshake

proteinshake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

You are the man!  :thumbsup_anim:

warback

warback

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

how change in MacPro 6,1 with Asus rampage extreme IV and Clover ??? please

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dsdt, MacPro61

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy