Hello Apple Heads! Lately the famous evad3rs team released a new untethered jailbreak for iOS 7, the jailbreak was unexpected that even Jay Freeman (@saurik, the developer of Cydia and Mobile Substrate) wasn't informed about the jailbreak, as a result Cydia was updated late (it supports iOS 7 now) and Mobile Substrate doesn't work on A7+ devices (with the new arm64 architecture).
However, it is still recommended to jailbreak your device right now, because in the future Apple may roll out a new software update which will force you to wait for months for a new jailbreak.
BEFORE WE BEGIN:
1. Backup your device using iTunes and/or iCloud, because if something wrong happens, you don't lose your data.
2. Remove the passcode (you can add it back when you're done).
3. If you have updated your iOS device to 7.0.4 using OTA updates, restore it, since it causes issues.
The iPad 2 (WiFi) isn't currently supported with the jailbreak. evasi0n 1.0.2 now supports it the iPad 2 (WiFi).
5. If the process gets stuck somewhere, it's completely safe to reboot (if necessary) and re-do the jailbreak.
And last but not least, a lot of tweaks may not work, especially on A7+ for multiple reasons, first due to the fact that Mobile Substrate wasn't updated for iOS 7 and the new arm64 and second, because the tweak simply doesn't work with iOS 7. Mobile Subtrate has been updated to support iOS 7 and the new arm64 architecture.
1. First of all, go to the evasi0n website (evasi0n.com) and download the version that corresponds to your operating system.
2. Open the evasi0n application and you should be greeted with a window like this.
3. Plug in your device and you should see the text change to your device's name, simply click Jailbreak.
4. The process will eventually take a while so just wait and DON'T TOUCH YOUR DEVICE.
5. After a few minutes, you will notice that the evasi0n window is telling you to open the evasi0n app, simply go to your device and you should see it on your homescreen, tap on it ONCE.
6. Just wait until the process completes after that, and the evasi0n app (on your computer) should say "Done!", and your phone will reboot.
7. You will see the evasi0n boot screen, don't worry, this is normal just wait until it's done.
8. After rebooting, you should see Cydia on your home screen.
Congratulations, you're now jailbroken!
Q: I don't like being jailbroken, can I remove the jailbreak?
A: Yes, simply restore your iPhone using iTunes. (Backup your data first!)
Q: The following tweak is not working! Why is that?
A: As I stated above,
Mobile Substrate and a lot of tweaks weren't updated to support iOS 7 and the new arm64 architecture.
Q: Apple released iOS 7.x, can I update.
A: No, you will lose your jailbreak if you update.
Q: I have a question regarding jailbreaking or the process in general.
Reply to this topic with your questions, i'll be happy to answer them!