palit GeForce 9800GT

lizard.king

20 posts in this topic

Hello.

I try to use geforce 9800 gt with hdmi output. I find the nvenabler.kext, which do it, but it accelerate cooler to 100% and show me two output displays at the same time - vga and hdmi - but switch on only hdmi.

Can anyone help me to change info.plist to solve this problem?

P.S. Sorry for my bad eng.

IMG_0215.PNG

NVEnabler.kext.zip

• 3 weeks later...

1. Where can I find lspcidrv kext?  I haven't find it.

imac-lizard:~ lizard$ ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI\ " | grep UID
    | | |   "_UID" = "1"

IOReg & DSDT files in aattached files.

My videocard have 2xDVI + SVideo slots, but when I connect DVI(videocard) to HDMI(on tv), it accelerate cooler to 100% and show me two output displays at the same time. And without this kext it show me black screen.

And when I connect DVI(videocard) to VGA(on tv), it work, but image quality is bad. VGA output works without this kext. 

Now I use VGA output, Is this matters to creatу ioreg and dsdt?

files.zip

Thanks for your files, I will look at them later.

Now, for the sake of clarity and to avoid confusion, I guess you do not use VGA or HDMI output per sé, you actually use converters connected to your card's DVI ports, right? I was a bit surprised when you actually mentioned HDMI + VGA outputs as it would appear the card does not have such ports. I believe I have the exact same card as you (exact same ven id + dev id + rev id, just different ROM version) and, as indicated before, mine has 2 x DVI ports + 1 x HDTV/S-Video port. I understand you have just confirmed to have the same ports topology.

Sorry for wrong explanation, my card looks like on the photo:

2011789_1.jpg

Yes, there are 2 DVI ports on card.

Lizard: Normally on OS X, the "primary display" output is the DVI port closest to the motherboard (when looking at the back of the case). Switch your converters if needed so that the display you want to be primary is connected to that port before you start messing with injection.

Hervé:

Good idea, if it works :P

If you didn't know, GraphicsEnabler can inject both those values as well.

make sure you boot with option PciRoot=1

There is no such flag in the Chameleon source code..at least that I can find.

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/i386/boot2/boot.h

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/i386/libsaio/pci_root.c

The proper syntax is PCIRootUID=1

There is no such flag in the Chameleon source code..at least that I can find.

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/i386/boot2/boot.h

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/i386/libsaio/pci_root.c

The proper syntax is PCIRootUID=1

If I understand correctly, PCIRoot=1 option in chameleon means PCIRootUID=1.

Yes I know that's what he meant. "Option in Chameleon" I don't know what you mean by that, but as you confirm, the proper syntax for this flag is PCIRootUID.

People are wasting a lot of time and reboots around here because of simple misunderstandings like this one.

sorry, i means option in chameleon wizard.

As I said, use: GraphicsEnabler=Yes PciRoot=1. Respect the syntax and the casing, it's important.

@Gringo, I respectfully regret to advise you that your are wrong on that PCI root option (not flag) point. Syntax PciRoot=xxx is fully supported by Chameleon bootloader. Maybe very early versions did not, but I have been using that since version 2.1 (or was it 2.0?).

nothing changes, still black screen.

It exists in that particular place because that's where it gets parsed when it is part of a generated device-properties string, as it always is. Which is why copying and pasting someone elses device properties string doesn't always work.

Hervé, I'm not being arrogant, I'm trying to learn something. Maybe I could have worded that differently. But in the same way, I could say that you're also being arrogant in insisting that I'm wrong. :P

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>DSDT</key>

<string>/Extra/patched_dsdt.aml</string>

<key>DropSSDT</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EnableC2State</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EnableC3State</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EnableC4State</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>SMBIOSdefaults</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Very well, I've made some minor adjustments to make the Ethernet ports visible. It looks like you have 2xRealtek GigabitEthernet LAN ports, correct? Built-in or add-on card?

attachicon.gifPatched_files.zip

my motherboard have 2 built-in lan ports.(Gigabyte EP45C-DS3)

nothing changes, still blackscreen.

I've tried a lot of options for digital output, adding nvcap, vbios, efi strings, different nvenablers, but only with this nvenabler the system starts with digital output.

You mean patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-to-HDMI --> Blackscreen?

What about patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-to-VGA or patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-only?

Yes, patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-to-HDMI --> Blackscreen.

patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-to-VGA --> working (without DSDT it's working too)

patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-only --> I can't check it, because I have no display with DVI slot.