29 replies to this topic

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Hello.

I try to use geforce 9800 gt with hdmi output. I find the nvenabler.kext, which do it, but it accelerate cooler to 100% and show me two output displays at the same time - vga and hdmi - but switch on only hdmi.

Can anyone help me to change info.plist to solve this problem?

P.S. Sorry for my bad eng.

IMG_0215.PNG

Attached Files

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,816 posts

hi

whitch OS X?

why using nvenabler?

this card seems to work well only with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

(see in OSx86 Wiki)

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

os x 10.9

without nvenabler hdmi output not working, only vga.

graphicsenabler is turning on.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

You would need a proper DSDT patch to sort that out and be able to get rid of the NVenabler kext.

Please do the following:

• post us the result of lspci -nn Terminal command (assuming you have lspcidrv kext installed)
  • post us the result of ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI\ " | grep UID Terminal command
  • post us the file you get when you save the output of IORegistryExplorer (ideally when system is booted WITHOUT DSDT if that's possible)
  • post us your DSDT table, assuming it originates from your system (if you do not have one, extract it with DSDTEditor or Chameleon Wizard)

I very recently did this with my own Twintech nVidia 9800GT to inject it in the DSDT and get it to work 100% without NVEnabler kext. See details here. It's a slightly different model than yours in that mine is PCIe x16 with 2xDVI + HDTV output as opposed to PCIe x8 with (DVI ?) + HDMI + VGA that you seem to have. Nevertheless, the same process should be relevant to your own model (and the cards have same PCI ids too) !

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

1. Where can I find lspcidrv kext?  I haven't find it.

imac-lizard:~ lizard$ ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI\ " | grep UID
    | | |   "_UID" = "1"
IOReg & DSDT files in aattached files.

My videocard have 2xDVI + SVideo slots, but when I connect DVI(videocard) to HDMI(on tv), it accelerate cooler to 100% and show me two output displays at the same time. And without this kext it show me black screen.
And when I connect DVI(videocard) to VGA(on tv), it work, but image quality is bad. VGA output works without this kext. 

Now I use VGA output, Is this matters to creatу ioreg and dsdt?

Attached Files

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Thanks for your files, I will look at them later.

Now, for the sake of clarity and to avoid confusion, I guess you do not use VGA or HDMI output per sé, you actually use converters connected to your card's DVI ports, right? I was a bit surprised when you actually mentioned HDMI + VGA outputs as it would appear the card does not have such ports. I believe I have the exact same card as you (exact same ven id + dev id + rev id, just different ROM version) and, as indicated before, mine has 2 x DVI ports + 1 x HDTV/S-Video port. I understand you have just confirmed to have the same ports topology.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,108 posts

I suggest you read up on NVCAP and display-cfg, both of which can be injected through either NVEnabler or Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

The idea here is to extract those from IOreg and inject them directly into DSDT so as to get rid of the (unnecessary) NVEnabler kext.

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Thanks for your files, I will look at them later.

Now, for the sake of clarity and to avoid confusion, I guess you do not use VGA or HDMI output per sé, you actually use converters connected to your card's DVI ports, right? I was a bit surprised when you actually mentioned HDMI + VGA outputs as it would appear the card does not have such ports. I believe I have the exact same card as you (exact same ven id + dev id + rev id, just different ROM version) and, as indicated before, mine has 2 x DVI ports + 1 x HDTV/S-Video port. I understand you have just confirmed to have the same ports topology.

Sorry for wrong explanation, my card looks like on the photo:

Spoiler

Yes, there are 2 DVI ports on card.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,108 posts

Lizard: Normally on OS X, the "primary display" output is the DVI port closest to the motherboard (when looking at the back of the case). Switch your converters if needed so that the display you want to be primary is connected to that port before you start messing with injection.

Hervé:

Good idea, if it works :P

If you didn't know, GraphicsEnabler can inject both those values as well.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Ok, so basically the same PCIe x16 card as I have in my Precision 670, just different brand (mine is Twintech branded and looks exactly like a Gigabyte version)... Try the attached and let us know how it goes.

Attached File  Patched_files.zip   19.28KB   6 downloads

I've left PCI0 UID at 1 as found in the DSDT so, assuming you use Chameleon, make sure you boot with option PciRoot=1 (either manually or through boot plist). I can eventually change PCI0 UID to 0 in the DSDT so that you don't need to specify any PciRoot option at boot time. Booting with an incorrect PCI root can prevent getting full QE/CI.

You will probably notice that I've declared your card as fitted to PCIe x8 slot to match what was shown in your 1st post. If that were not true, installed to a PCIe x16 slot instead, just let me know and I'll change it (it's just cosmetic).

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I change slot of videocard to x16, and add patched dsdt.aml to chameleon. But nothing changes, the black screen after Apple bootlogo still arrives at dvi-to-hdmi output. dvi-to-vga works with graphicsenabler=yes and pcirootuid=1.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,108 posts
make sure you boot with option PciRoot=1

There is no such flag in the Chameleon source code..at least that I can find.

http://forge.voodoop...86/boot2/boot.h

http://forge.voodoop...saio/pci_root.c

The proper syntax is PCIRootUID=1

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

There is no such flag in the Chameleon source code..at least that I can find.

http://forge.voodoop...86/boot2/boot.h

http://forge.voodoop...saio/pci_root.c

The proper syntax is PCIRootUID=1

If I understand correctly, PCIRoot=1 option in chameleon means PCIRootUID=1.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,108 posts

Yes I know that's what he meant. "Option in Chameleon" I don't know what you mean by that, but as you confirm, the proper syntax for this flag is PCIRootUID.

People are wasting a lot of time and reboots around here because of simple misunderstandings like this one.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

As I said, use: GraphicsEnabler=Yes PciRoot=1. Respect the syntax and the casing, it's important. For the patched DSDT, you could place it in / or /Extra (if you have that) and add boot option DSDT=/Extra/Patched_dsdt.aml to get it loaded. That allows you to otherwise keep things as they were before, without changing anything.

@Gringo, I respectfully regret to advise you that your are mistaken on that PCI root option (not flag) point. Syntax PciRoot=xxx is fully supported by Chameleon bootloader. Maybe very early versions did not, but I have been using that since version 2.1 (or was it 2.0?).

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,108 posts

OK I will shut up and leave you guys alone if you can show me where that flag exists in the Chameleon source code.

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Yes I know that's what he meant. "Option in Chameleon" I don't know what you mean by that, but as you confirm, the proper syntax for this flag is PCIRootUID.

People are wasting a lot of time and reboots around here because of simple misunderstandings like this one.

sorry, i means option in chameleon wizard.

As I said, use: GraphicsEnabler=Yes PciRoot=1. Respect the syntax and the casing, it's important.

@Gringo, I respectfully regret to advise you that your are wrong on that PCI root option (not flag) point. Syntax PciRoot=xxx is fully supported by Chameleon bootloader. Maybe very early versions did not, but I have been using that since version 2.1 (or was it 2.0?).

nothing changes, still black screen.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

OK I will shut up and leave you guys alone if you can show me where that flag exists in the Chameleon source code.

:surprised: Come on! What's with this arrogant attitude all of a sudden? Did I piss in your cornflakes or something? Listen, I don't care whether or where it is in the source code, it just works, that's all I care about. Try it and see for yourself with -v flag. Go on, you can do it, it won't bite.

Now, if you could let us deal with this patching, I'd appreciate. Thanks.

@Lizard, where did you place the patched DSDT and under which name? Can you post the contents of your boot plist please?

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

PciRoot exist here.

http://forge.voodoop...device_inject.c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy