60Hz 4K on Mavericks with GTX 760? [UPDATE: 10.9.3 works [UPDATED UPDATE: maybe]]

Ricky Romero

171 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It looks like I will be selling this Dell display. I have found the perfect display for a really good price.

Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC/00 3840x2160 UHD-VA, 3ms, 50m:1, Speakers, VGA/HDMI/mDP/DP

Picture/Display
•LCD panel type: VA LCD
•Backlight type: W-LED system
•Panel Size: 39.56 inch / 100.5 cm
•Effective viewing area: 878.11 (H) x 485.35 (V)
•Aspect ratio: 16:9
•Optimum resolution: 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz
•Response time (typical): 8.5 (Gray to Gray) ms
•SmartResponse (typical): 3 ms (Gray to Gray)
•Brightness: 300 cd/m²
•Contrast ratio (typical): 5,000:1
•SmartContrast: 50,000,000:1
•Viewing angle: 176º (H) / 176º (V), @ C/R > 20
•Picture enhancement: SmartImage
•Display colors: 8 bit
•Scanning Frequency: VGA/HDMI: 30 - 99 kHz ; DP: 30 - 160 kHz (H) / VGA: 56 - 80 Hz ; HDMI/DP: 23 - 80 Hz (V)
•MHL: 1080p@30Hz
•sRGB
•Brightness uniformity: 97% ~ 103%
•Delta E: <3 (sRGB mode)

http://www.docdroid.net/jfd4/bdm4065uc-00.pdf.html

It will not be over 800€ which is really great considering it's VA panel and maybe it will run over SST too.

It will be released in December, I already ordered one.

Does anyone here use the Philips 40 inch / 4K / on hackintosh ?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone here use the Philips 40 inch / 4K / on hackintosh ?

I used it and it works fine (but I sold it because I had issues with the monitor). You don't have to do anything, just plug it in, as it is a SST monitor.

I used it and it works fine (but I sold it because I had issues with the monitor). You don't have to do anything, just plug it in, as it is a SST monitor.

what kind of issues did you have? mine is working fine as far as i can tell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally got tired of having issues and decided to sell the Dell UltraSharp UP2414Q that needs MST.

I bought the Dell P2715Q that uses SST and works like a charm, native 10.10.3 drivers or nVidia Web driver work out of the box, and I AM VERY HAPPY now!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone here have issues with HiDPI modes on 2560x1440 monitors?

My situation is as follows: GTX 670 HDMI to Pioneer receiver back to the monitor.  I'm able to output at 2560x1440 or 1280x720 (HiDPI) but that's it.  No matter what I do, I cannot get any other HiDPI resolutions to display correctly.

Is this normal? I'm using the stock video driver by the way.

I finally got tired of having issues and decided to sell the Dell UltraSharp UP2414Q that needs MST.

I bought the Dell P2715Q that uses SST and works like a charm, native 10.10.3 drivers or nVidia Web driver work out of the box, and I AM VERY HAPPY now!

I also have this monitor, it gives me joy of having fantastic colour at 4K but also tons of pain of MST.

It won't light up with some HDMI inputs unless power cycle.

No GPU scaling at 4K in Windows. Only 30Hz@4K in OS X and Linux.

Messed dual panel problems happen once a while.

Also the USB HUB wakes the hack from sleeping.

I've had these kinds of pain for about half a year. Now I want to switch but can't find a proper display with following specs:

SST 60Hz@4K

Wide Gamut (>98% aRGB)

>= 24"

I also have this monitor, it gives me joy of having fantastic colour at 4K but also tons of pain of MST.

It won't light up with some HDMI inputs unless power cycle.

No GPU scaling at 4K in Windows. Only 30Hz@4K in OS X and Linux.

Messed dual panel problems happen once a while.

Also the USB HUB wakes the hack from sleeping.

I've had these kinds of pain for about half a year. Now I want to switch but can't find a proper display with following specs:

SST 60Hz@4K

Wide Gamut (>98% aRGB)

>= 24"

Yes, I had to trade off the aRGB :( still, the P2715Q does not do too bad and I am not printing much nowadays.

Yes, I had to trade off the aRGB :( still, the P2715Q does not do too bad and I am not printing much nowadays.

Today I got my UP2414Q working 60Hz@4K!

The trick was simple, set your hack to a different machine rather than the ones in the black list:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/suddenly-its-1984-nvidia-4k-60-hz-support-is-there-apple-turned-it-off.1760435/page-5

Today I got my UP2414Q working 60Hz@4K!

The trick was simple, set your hack to a different machine rather than the ones in the black list:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/suddenly-its-1984-nvidia-4k-60-hz-support-is-there-apple-turned-it-off.1760435/page-5

Would changing Board-ID with another Machine type interfere with iMessage and iCloud?