Anybody here experienced with iAtkos boot manager?

Gutz_Otoole

4 posts in this topic

Several months ago I built a hackintosh using iAtkos-ML2. Since then I have successfully upgraded the system to 10.9.1 without issues; everything works correctly. This hackintosh also dual-boots Windows 7 on a separate HDD.

My problem isn't really a problem, but an annoyance. The iAtkos boot manager screen displays four partitions of which only two are bootable. Is there a configuration file that can be modified to display only the bootable partitions?

P.S.

I'm posting here because InsanelyMac is generally a much friendly environment than the official iAtkos forum.

Modify the file "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" found in the /Extra folder.

Add a section like this:

<key>Hide Partition</key>

<string>partition1;partition2</string>

The two partitions you are hiding are separated by a semi-colon and can be identified in one of three ways:

hd(x,y) where x is the number of the disk starting with zero and y is the number of the partition starting with 1

like <string>hd(0,3);hd(1,2)</string>

OR

a UUID - in Disk Utility perform a Get Info on the partition you want to hide and record the UUID number

like <string>C59780FD-929A-3962-9BFC-2CFEC82B7B35;4F70CD4D-CEAC-39B2-B64C-CEF12C375F3D</string>

OR

"name of partition in quotes"

like <string>"Win 8";"System Reserved"</string>

• Like 2

...iAtkos was a frontend for Chameleon.

iAtkos is a distro. Distro is a pre-patched OS X installation, which would install on a PC without any additional tools (installs jut like Windows). Such an install contain all the necessary (or not so necessary) stuff (bootloader - Chameleon) and modifications (patched kexts and/or additional kexts) needed to install and run OS X on a PC.

Chameleon Wizard is more like a frontend (in a sense) for Chameleon.