• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

magicthighs

magicthighs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Hi guys, I am hoping someone will take pity on me and my lack of hackintosh tinkering ability.

I have managed to install 10.0 --> 10.6.4 via retail dvd/combo update on a usb drive created via netbookmaker and I ran the mini 311 installer by Krappy based on MowgliBook Retail Pack 1.2.

I then manually (no errors) installed IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassstorage.kext into /extra/extensions (left out of mini 311 installer) as I found post install i had unrecognised but semi functioning USB ports (i.e. USB mouse worked but thumb drives did not mount).

Problem is the netbook camera and all usb connected devices are recognized under system pro-filer correctly and draw power but do not function. The only USB devices that function are thumb drives, card reader and original bluetooth and my crystal hd card, but no camera, no wifi adapter (not stock but Asus USB), no USB mouse, no anything else sad.gif

Can anyone suggest a fix that an idiot like me could attempt? I have a working mini 311 that was just gathering dust and I even managed to get the Crystal HD card pumping out stutter free 1080p video via XMBC - which is freaking awesome. But can not get any other devices to work in USB other than my thumb drives.

If I remove IOUSBMassStorage.kext I lose the ability to mount USB drives which is not desirable but I get partial USB mouse funtion back. I am running 3gb ram, f15 icelord bios, chameleon 2.0.0 RC5. The last attempt to fiddle by replacing DSDT killed my Nvidia qe in OSX.

Any help would be awesome! :)

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Hacking your Hackintosh

just wondering, but doesn't the ION handle 1080p?

if PS2 (keyboard/touchpad) work, try uninstalling and installing the kexts with kext wizard or something like that...

I dunno. Good luck! :)

magicthighs

magicthighs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

just wondering, but doesn't the ION handle 1080p?

if PS2 (keyboard/touchpad) work, try uninstalling and installing the kexts with kext wizard or something like that...

I dunno. Good luck! :)

Ion probably can handle 1080 but i had the card lying around and it uses little power and resources, netboook is silent playing @1080 :)

Thanks for the tip I will try this but I followed some advice somewhere that said I'll get kernel panic forever if I install the kexts into s/l/e so maybe I will reinstall into /e/e. I'll try one at a time etc.  cheers man

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc

Might want to try two things:

1) Go to disk utility and verify and fix permissions. This sometimes solves the issues.

2) The other thing you could try is running pfix. Pfix is a terminal command that does a couple different things, including some permission verification/modification. This is what I used in writing my guide to get Snow Leopard on Asus Model netbooks. Google to find pfix and how to use it through the terminal.

Marugby123

InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

magicthighs

magicthighs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

@ marugby123

Brilliant suggestion dude, thanks and solved! USB all fully functioning! :D

I looked for pfix but ended up using myhack --> myfix, which did I guess works in a similar way to pfix - all permissions repaired (disk utility didnt work)!!!!!

Thanks again :)

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc

Figured that would do it. That fixes the read/write/execute commands on files, as well as file locations and paths. Glad it worked for you.

Marugby123

InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy