Vanilla Mountain Lion install, Intel HD4600 onboard graphics

SpaceKitten

3 posts in this topic

Glad tidings to all!

As in the title like, attempting get Mountain Lion on a H87N-WIFI-based build, and falling down at installation on account of the onboard graphics (

Intel HD 4600)

Tempting though it is to try instant gratification through a myHack / Unibest install, I'm posting here in the hope a successful install will benefit posterity.

Install steps mostly taken from the the All-in-one vanilla install guide with the exceptions noted below.

Using Chameleon v2.2svn r2262 installed from latest Chameleon wizard, on account of the Haswell graphics card support merged in from Enoch.

For the premade SMBios, iMac 13.2 was chosen, being a similar vintage to the actual hardware.

Using FakeSMC v5.3.820, with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext omitted.

So far I've tested at boot time using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and IntelAzulFB using values 0 to 15.

As far as I can tell, IntelAzulFB gets ignored at boot time anyway, so is there any way to test other than edting <key>IntelAzulFB</key> in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist each time, or is it better just to spend the extra on a graphics card with native support?

Just for completeness, this is the hardware:

• Silverstone Sugo SG06S USB 3.0 SFF Mini ITX with 300W SFX PSU
  • Intel Core i5 4570 Quad Core CPU (Socket 1150, 3.20GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel HD Graphics 4600, BX80646I54570)
  • Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI 1.0 Motherboard LGA1150 Socket Intel H87 DDR3
  • 2 x 8GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Low Profile PC3-12800 (1600)
  • Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 3.5" 1TB SATA-600 7200rpm 64MB
  • Atheros AR9285 / AR3011 WLAN + Bluetooth 3.0 combo half-mini PCIE card

BIOS updated from F2 to F4 with a DOS live key.

BIOS options:

Fast boot: disabled
Limit CPUID maximum: disabled
Execute enabled bit: enabled
Intel Virtualization Technology: enabled
Intel TXT(LT) support disabled
VT-d: disabled
Boot mode selection: UEFI and legacy

Initial display output: IGFX
XHCI mode: auto
Intel Processor Graphics: Enabled
Intel Processor Graphics Memory Allocation: 64M
DVMT Total Memory Size: max
Intel Rapid Start: disabled
Legacy USB support: enabled
XHCI handoff: enabled
EHCI handoff: enabled

SATA mode selection: AHCI
Wake on LAN: disabled

References:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291614-intel-hd4000-and-haswell-inject-aaplig-platform-id/

• 1 year later...