question on System Information => Software => Extensions

mrjayviper

7 posts in this topic

I've been using OSX for years (MBPs and now MBPr) but have never noticed these info.

Now that I've made a hackintosh on my main desktop and this app being mentioned in discussions, I decided to have a look at it.

I suppose this section (i.e. Software => Extensions) lists all kext files that has been loaded?

I'm only asking because the kext file I added via KeXT Wizard is not listed. I guess if it's not listed, it means I don't need it?

Thanks! :)

My mistake on the kext file being installed. Seems the installer ignored it. It's not in desktop's S/L/E. Does that mean I don't need the kext on my setup?

The kext I manually added to my USB installer is AppleATIATA.

Thanks again

ps. I looked at System Info => Software => Extensions and it doesn't really tell me which extensions has been loaded. no asterisks or highlighting that'll tell me it's been loaded.

ATIATA is for old ATI chipset Southbridge, but you didn't say anything about what hardware you have, so I can't answer your question.

Yes it does say if a kernel extension is loaded, look harder, I'm on Windows right now so I can't post a screenshot for you.

I've looked several times and I can't see anything that will tell me a kext file has been loaded.

mYJS9jt.png

screenshot of System Information